Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Hong Kong Racing
Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong >

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Old 06-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

If anyone are going to HK, just walk around the 2 block then you will find everything there. You may miss some of the Hobby shops on the building ...which are usually cheaper .... but HK is relatively cheaper than most.

If you shop on line, go with rcmart and rc market.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
If anyone are going to HK, just walk around the 2 block then you will find everything there. You may miss some of the Hobby shops on the building ...which are usually cheaper .... but HK is relatively cheaper than most.

If you shop on line, go with rcmart and rc market.
I'm trying to look for Yokomo's Drift Master Limited Edition. Do you think you can ask for me? So far no luck...
Old 06-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by adrictan View Post
I'm trying to look for Yokomo's Drift Master Limited Edition. Do you think you can ask for me? So far no luck...
i know nothing about Drift, I race nitro.

I am sure you find something right when you get to KWS. there are over 10 shops in the same area.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sanwa Mx - 3 2,4Ghz

hi all, i'm gonna go to HK, and i want to buy sanwa Mx 3 2,4Ghz, where should i go?what MTR exit gate which is the nearest gate to Kwong wa street?thx
Old 07-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I am in hong kong for a month total (been here now for little over a week)
had a few walks around the mong kok area and found some really great shops indeed.
my favourite route is to stop at yau ma tei station take exit A2.
you can then walk around the corner to waigo who have a really good stock of yokomo bits. lots of yokomo drifting bits to (tip for kitracer )
also thanks to waigo for supporting a great demo over at Emax last week. even had Masami himself there to show his skills and judge the local drifters during their efforts around the platform.
right from waigo to kwong wa street is easy just follow waterloo road up to the railway then turn left and find the hobby shops.
my favourites there are rcmodel, i had shopped with them online and also their shop is very nicely layed out lots of space to look around at what they have. good stock of various brands to!.
overall best on price for me is action hobby. good service of the guys there to even ordered some bits from jaad for me very quick.
then around the corner on dundas is another nice shop with friendly people and my friends inside the little covered shopping street at racing hobby shop are also great.

next stop will be TRC track to see the action there as long as the weather clears a bit. if any one knows a good evening or day to go watch please do tell. i plan either friday evening or this sunday.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
Hi all,

I am in hong kong for a month total (been here now for little over a week)
had a few walks around the mong kok area and found some really great shops indeed.
my favourite route is to stop at yau ma tei station take exit A2.
you can then walk around the corner to waigo who have a really good stock of yokomo bits. lots of yokomo drifting bits to (tip for kitracer )
Thanks.. did not know Waigo sell drift staff...

TRC having some problem. Check with shops like Action Hobby to confirm their operating hours.

We suppose to have local race for Nitro this Sunday with 70 plus people but looks like rain for the next milion yearsssssss otherwise is Good to watch some of the faster boys.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Where can I buy LRP stuff?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Where can I buy LRP stuff?
lots of them sell LRP stuff seen them at andy lam's shop action hobbies and rcmodel plus other places to. wasn't shopping for that so you would have to ask around to compare prizes.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default sir

Originally Posted by tomracing View Post
lots of them sell LRP stuff seen them at andy lam's shop action hobbies and rcmodel plus other places to. wasn't shopping for that so you would have to ask around to compare prizes.

how about O.S engine parts its available there sir?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

how about O.S engine parts its available there sir?
yup seen plenty of os methanol bits around in various shops. i am not one for nitro cars yet so haven't looked closely. suppose harmony has a lot of nitro
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Thanks.. did not know Waigo sell drift staff...

TRC having some problem. Check with shops like Action Hobby to confirm their operating hours.

We suppose to have local race for Nitro this Sunday with 70 plus people but looks like rain for the next milion yearsssssss otherwise is Good to watch some of the faster boys.
hey chris, http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm says it looks like rain on sat and sunday...
do you have info if this sunday's race is still a GO?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
hey chris, http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm says it looks like rain on sat and sunday...
do you have info if this sunday's race is still a GO?
Rain Rain and More Rain....

Race rescheduled to 20/7

We also have a Tiger club race on 19/7. It is 220mm and Touring car.
Free for Club memeber to join. Come join.. is going to be fun seeing all the 220
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all

I head of to Hong Kong for my first trip and just want to say Thanks to all that have posted tips on all the local hobby shops. It will come in very handy.

Cheers Nathan
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile Good accommodation in Hong Kong

Hi All,
I am coming over to Hong Kong and looking for Good accommodation (hotel).
Somewhere close to all the model shops.
If any one can help me can you PM me with the names of the hotels

Thanks
RollyRacing
New Zealand
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was in HK last week and stayed at Stanford Hotel. Kwong Wa Street is just the back of the hotel. I went to the R/C shops everyday. My preference, Harmony and rcmodel has more of the things I wanted. Went to Waigo at Yau Ma Tei. Stocks alot of Yokomo stuff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.