Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Suspended

Default RC Shop from Hong Kong

http://www.rc-muwhroom.com
Old 02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/index.php...a63c186ac61e55

"rcmodel shop" These people are more friendly, I dealt with them locally. These people will teach you more, does not really matter you are buying or not.

Harmony, if you deal with them locally, all they care is about $$. Sometimes, you want to get some second opinions, they do not want to tell you nothing. If you are not buying, get the he!! out of here. For example, would you buy a P5X or OS V-SPEC? They just give you BS answer. But, the RCMODEL right physically opened next to them ; they will telll you their personal experience and teach you more. Another example, you cannot really carefully inspect the products before you pay for it. They want to pay $$ immediately after they pulled the item out the showcase. "HK HAS NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE POLICY", so whats wrong for me to do a quick check to make everything is in the package????? Harmony wont let you do it!! Anyway.......u see what I am saying. May be thats the differnce for American shop and HK shop. Although Harmony have more selections, but some people still would rather deal with some other shops as seen on above pictures. Price on the whole "Kwong Wah Street" is very competitive.

I do not have any on line experience with them.

Regards,

Happy Rc-ing....
Let me advise you something my friend, just like me, be relaxed and breathing deeply. I could tell you not only this shop has this problem(for myself HEC in acceptable and almost OK), maybe other getting worse and unavoidable. In the case i was there in 2 years ago, so i bought in Action Hobbies a Much More charger, discharger, motor checker and some more else. Everything is workable and stable, but unfortunately in some months later when i am using a discharger, i saw the display has shown some faulty problems then i never could happened before, it shows all batteries cells are not running same V and IR, then i saw carefully and described the registered number of equipment and box are different. Therefore i emailed to Much More assistant, then he told me this problem is really strange and unacceptable, so the only thing i could do is to give up to shopping in there anymore, but not only HS, also some bad experience in online order from that place which i have also heard so many times from this forum.
Not only these 2 type of cases, I have also purchase a TX with a some scratch which seems used before, which you cannot note it in first eyesight, like a second hand kind sell as new then so much more.
The only way i could do to continuying to enjoy RC is to puchasing kind in trustable people countries(USA and Japan), even order online or else, just go to personally in these countries' LHS in holidays to try something.
If you become mad with these "dirty shops", the only thing to happen will be just like this guy in the tube's clip:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...highlight=shop
About the case of "Asia's RC heaven", for myself i will recommend the people from western countries could try a luck in Tokyo's(Japan) Akihabara, which you could find there some big "RC Hypermarket" and the people there will be undoubtly nice and cool(if they speak english decently). Akihabara is also a place which you could find a lot of cool stuffs(electronics and many other things that can't imagine) and maybe you could also dating with some nice japanese girl(joking)!

Last edited by mac853; 02-27-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default wondering

Hi, i visit HK on march 2008 soon , and b4 i go, is this product release yet?
Tamiya Toyota Land Cruiser 40 CR-01 Kit

here are the link below
http://rcdriver.com/forums/showthrea...=7621#post7621

Thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm a online shopper and frequently importing thing from US and Europe.

Just took up RC recently and trying out the online purchase on those items that is cheaper than Singapore.

The shop that I have tried two weeks ago were RCModel and RCMuchroom.

I receive items from both online shops within 4 days.

I have no problem with RC Model except there is some back order that they promise to send me once the stock is in.

The only problem that I'm facing now is that RCMuchroom. I have order 2 units of Muchmore product but it came with different blue colour. Looking at the box of the one with funny blue colour doesn't bear any serial number. I'm not sure if it is a copied product from elsewhere.

I sent RCMuchroom an email but they only replied me after few days by saying they will check.

Very sad and disappointed at the moment until RCMuchroom solve the problem.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Visit HK R/C shop

Coming 31 March I will be flying to HK. This is my very first trip to HK.
Anyone can tell me which rc shop got the best offer and much items to view.
BTW, which Hotel is more recommended to stay around Mongkok.

Please kindly advise...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 AM
VTR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Cheng View Post
Coming 31 March I will be flying to HK. This is my very first trip to HK.
Anyone can tell me which rc shop got the best offer and much items to view.
BTW, which Hotel is more recommended to stay around Mongkok.

Please kindly advise...
Hi eric, all e rc shops ard kwong wa st has alot to offers, its all depend on wat u looking for, EP or GP stuffs, price wise, all r quite close. u can look up the pages to find out more, i do my research base on those info. juz remember to bring an xtra bag to for all the stuffs u r buying, xtra cash...hehe
Old 03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

@ Eric and VTR

you need not to look further than Kwong Wah Street area for RC models shops in Hong Kong. The comprehensive photo guide done by stealth is all you need.

there are a couple more on ying chong street, which is just next to the small mall mentioned by stealth. it's the street with the little wet market. one is called nikki models and is on the 1st floor. the other is called the urban model company (if i am not mistaken) and is on the other side of the road. both are worth a quick look.

i was planning to go to singapore at the end of the month to check out the RC shops down there but my trip has been postponed for the time-being.

i've been to Stargek and Taising before but what others would you suggest?

i run a tamiya nitrage 5.2 and a kyosho inferno GT.

cheers

etopsflight
Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

guys, please note that the "URBAN COMPANY" shop that was vacant as mentioned by Stealth, moved to a more spacious spot still within the area in the fruit and vegetable market street..
that would be YIN CHONG Street in the map.

very good deals you will get on this shop also... or at least i did
Old 03-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

HOW MUCH IS MUGEN SEIKI MBX5R IN HONG KONG???

WHICH SHOP SELLS IT
?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:20 AM
VTR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Etopsflight View Post
@ Eric and VTR

you need not to look further than Kwong Wah Street area for RC models shops in Hong Kong. The comprehensive photo guide done by stealth is all you need.

there are a couple more on ying chong street, which is just next to the small mall mentioned by stealth. it's the street with the little wet market. one is called nikki models and is on the 1st floor. the other is called the urban model company (if i am not mistaken) and is on the other side of the road. both are worth a quick look.

i was planning to go to singapore at the end of the month to check out the RC shops down there but my trip has been postponed for the time-being.

i've been to Stargek and Taising before but what others would you suggest?

i run a tamiya nitrage 5.2 and a kyosho inferno GT.

cheers

etopsflight
hi etopsflight, i know abt the r/c shop in kwong wa n ying chong st, i was there between 6-9 March 08.bought afew stuffs,wish i had bought more.

i would rather u buy any spare parts u need in Hk itself as i personally felt its alot cheaper n more to choose from.

cheers...
Old 03-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone here can pm me the price of X-ray NT1 in HK?Will be goin to HK in May so most probably will get a set once i'm there if price is good.Thanks.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Meet up

This sunday 9.00am i goin to fly off to Macau.

I should be reach HK by Tuesday morning. And will start shopping
for R/C.

Hope to see some of you guys at R/C shop.

Cheers....
Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default RC Heli Shops in HK

I must say the catalogue of rc shops in HK was well done. By the way which shops in HK concentrate on mainly RC heli?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sonnyl View Post
I must say the catalogue of rc shops in HK was well done. By the way which shops in HK concentrate on mainly RC heli?
one at Waigo at Tung Fong St., and there's 2 more in Kwong Wah... enjoy and as usual "practice restraint"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.