Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Hong Kong Racing
Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong >

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Old 12-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

which store in fa yuen, kwong wa, dundas would have TAMIYA/takara Q STEER buggies? my friend is there right now, so i can have him pick it up. pls advise if it can be bought there. thanks!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sunday

Are the hobby shops in Kwong Wa Street open on Sunday?... what is the opening and closing time.?. I'm going to stop over for one day. Cheers..
Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

some might not be open on sunday. oh yah, they usually open late in noon, best to visit them around 3pm onwards, else u will have to wonder around, waiting for them to open.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hi. u can go anywhere, just do not go to "HRC" they suck, lie and cheat to customers....
Old 01-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

What's HRC?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool hpi baja 5b

hi guys.
just wanted to know if any of the hobbie shops in hong kong have a range of
upgrades (alloy)parts, etc ,for the hpi baja 5b as i woll be shopping there in april,
Old 01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Visiting Hongkong

Hello, to the guys who visited Hongkong, I'm looking for a place to stay with my family for 5 days... please give me contact information for clean, decent and reasonable priced place to stay.. thanks...
Old 01-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pertamaxplus View Post
anyone know where is waigo hobbyshop? i heard that they have a lot of tamiya and yokomo.. one more thing, where can i find cheap hpi kit? thx.

pertamaxplus - Waigo Hobby is on Tung Fong Street (very near the Yau Ma Tei subway station). They have two shops beside each other... one dedicated to R/C Helicopters and Planes & the other mostly to R/C Cars. Yes, they do have a lot of Tamiya and Yokomo stuff... but if I remember right didn't see any HPI kits there.

Jet Hobby on Victory Ave. is where I saw the most HPI and Hot Boddies stuff. They are in the Pet section of Mongkok and away from Kwong Wa Street the R/C Section.

Originally Posted by baja boy View Post
hi guys.
just wanted to know if any of the hobbie shops in hong kong have a range of
upgrades (alloy)parts, etc ,for the hpi baja 5b as i will be shopping there in april,

baja boy - Not sure if they make anything for the huge HPI Baja 5B... but your best bet might be CHIN NGAI HOBBY (GPM). Of all the shops I have recently seen they had the most alloy parts of numerous kits... they even have color catalogs for these parts under the GPM brand.

Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
Hello, to the guys who visited Hongkong, I'm looking for a place to stay with my family for 5 days... please give me contact information for clean, decent and reasonable priced place to stay.. thanks...

grizzle - Hhmm... if you don't get many replies to your question... your best bet would be to search the Net. Since you will be with your family, I would suggest you stay in the Kowloon area. You can get transportation to Disneyland from anywhere but for a larger range of shopping choices Kowoon should have everything for everyone... especially if you have R/C needs!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stealth , you from US or Hong Kong....! you know the shops like you live here...
Old 01-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Stealth , you from US or Hong Kong....! you know the shops like you live here...

kitracer - Hey thanks for the compliment! Actually I was recently in Hong Kong so things are still quite fresh... I also did a lot of research with regard to the Hobby shops which was a big help! I've been there about 5 times but that is over a 25+ year period!

I live in Manila, Philippines and have a home in California as well.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

grizzle: hmmmmm the hotels near the New Territories are a little bit cheaper than the hotels located at Hongkong and Kowloon side. if you are coming from Manila i think the best bet is to get those tour packages which usually cost at around US $190 to $210 for 3 days and 2 nights for the city itself and around US $270 with Disneyland package included
Old 01-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Default Hotels

Originally Posted by buboy28 View Post
grizzle: hmmmmm the hotels near the New Territories are a little bit cheaper than the hotels located at Hongkong and Kowloon side. if you are coming from Manila i think the best bet is to get those tour packages which usually cost at around US $190 to $210 for 3 days and 2 nights for the city itself and around US $270 with Disneyland package included
Sir, thanks for the info.. I'm not sure about the tour package.. will that include hotel accomodation.

I can't find anything on that price range... the airline fare alone for one person cost US$200 including travel tax.

I would be happy to get the Disneyland package for that price..
Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Default Package Tour

@buboy28... I think you're probably right, they can offer 3D/2N package tour in that price range.. anyway.. I think 2 days would not be enough for me and my kids to checkout disneyland and hobby shops..

I was looking at this hotel "Bridal Tea House" very near the Yau Ma Tei MTR station, also walking distance to the famous street with all the hobby shops. "Kwong Wa"?

I have work in Hongkong for 2 years, I live in Tsing Yi (New Territories) company accomodation, that's why I'm not familiar with the hotels in Hongkong...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

I was looking at this hotel "Bridal Tea House" very near the Yau Ma Tei MTR station, also walking distance to the famous street with all the hobby shops. "Kwong Wa"?

I have work in Hongkong for 2 years, I live in Tsing Yi (New Territories) company accomodation, that's why I'm not familiar with the hotels in Hongkong...

grizzle - Well, if your near the Yau Ma Tei subway station then you definitely will be a stone's throw away from hobby Shop Heaven. It might be your best bet to be around that area... that way you won't be lugging shopping bags full of R/C goodies all over HK!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Default rc goodies

Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
grizzle - Well, if your near the Yau Ma Tei subway station then you definitely will be a stone's throw away from hobby Shop Heaven. It might be your best bet to be around that area... that way you won't be lugging shopping bags full of R/C goodies all over HK!
Stealth - Yes sir, I think that's the best location so far, near the Yau Ma Tei MTR station & also walking distance to Mongkok shopping area, and the best thing is as you said, hobby shop heaven is very near... just need to convince my wife to buy those wonderful toys for me and the kids...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.