Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Hong Kong Racing
Bad experience with rcmodel.com.hk / rcmodel.hk >

Bad experience with rcmodel.com.hk / rcmodel.hk

Bad experience with rcmodel.com.hk / rcmodel.hk

Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
rcmart charge a bank fee which is actually not allowed by Paypal, so take note of how much it is and once you receive your goods file a claim for the bank fee through Paypal

but if you go there sand pick up your order they deduct the bank fee, they are good, even when i go there to pick up my order the rate they give from USD to HKD is good, 7.8, it is fair rate.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

but if you go there sand pick up your order they deduct the bank fee, they are good, even when i go there to pick up my order the rate they give from USD to HKD is good, 7.8, it is fair rate.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Rookie

rcmart charge a bank fee which is actually not allowed by Paypal, so take note of how much it is and once you receive your goods file a claim for the bank fee through Paypal
Old 07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last time I went to rcmodels store in KWS (about 6 weeks ago) they were selling bicycles as well as RC stuff. It seemed like there was a management change although I can't be sure.

They didn't have anywhere near as much stock as they used too.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

RCmodel is not as good as it used to be. They always show items on their website, only that they dont actually have time in stock.

They 'carry' lots of different brands on their website, but in fact, they discontinued carry them a long time ago in their retail shop. (eg: Team Asso and x-factory)
Old 08-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redwing View Post
who has bought from this online store in hongkong?

http://www.rc711.com

good or bad buying experience?
A friend of mine order 2 HV servos from them about 3 mths back. No problem.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 AM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redwing View Post
who has bought from this online store in hongkong?

http://www.rc711.com

good or bad buying experience?
Their logo is a parady of Seven-Eleven the convenient store. lol

just to get back to topic, I have bought things from rcmarket and always had quick and cheap shipment. Try them instead of rcmodel perhaps?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gom View Post
Their logo is a parady of Seven-Eleven the convenient store. lol

just to get back to topic, I have bought things from rcmarket and always had quick and cheap shipment. Try them instead of rcmodel perhaps?
RCMarket and RCMart are both very good.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Rcmart, Rcmarket and Rcmushroom are good...
their customer service also not bad...
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

RC Model isn't actually bad i've been to their store in Hong Kong and the guy who manages it is really nice. He actually gives you ideas of how everything works. However buying online does have risks. They probably have 2 stores one for shipping and instore one you never know. If you are buying electric equipment try http://www.rcstation.com they have really good customer service and a wide variety of goods for electric fans
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

I live near that RCmodel.com.hk shop. You very right. There customer service is very bad. Especially online. they never reply to any emails. I am completely new to all this and have just bought my first RC drift car and did not really know anything about it and wanted some help before purchasing. They were not interested. I ended up crossing the road and buy from a much nicer looking store. Slightly more expensive but the customer service was much better and they gave me all the help i needed. I second the motion on not purchasing from them.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

no physical stocks... they still have to buy their stuff when someone orders from them.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

i believe they got lots of domain names registered under them but only one owner. dont know really their purpose
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

rcmart no longer charged bank free after July 2012.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

RCModel are total crap no doubt. They never have stock and their communication is awful or non-existent. Last visit to Hong Kong I went to their shop and the service was not only rubbish it was downright rude. Not sure if he just doesn't like gwailos but the guy is a total prick.

Anyways, stick to RCMart and RCMushroom you won't go far wrong.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.