Macau Racing Track

Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Macau Racing Track

I ve been looking into Macau Rc tracks as I ll be down there for a few days.
For the moment I ve found 2 tracks: GT300 Speedway and F.O. Macau RC.

I ve found the map for the second one but can t find anything for GT300.
Does anyone know where it is and comment on which is better?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tigerdim View Post
I ve been looking into Macau Rc tracks as I ll be down there for a few days.
For the moment I ve found 2 tracks: GT300 Speedway and F.O. Macau RC.

I ve found the map for the second one but can t find anything for GT300.
Does anyone know where it is and comment on which is better?
Is close to the Kart track but I can't tell you anymore details. I will ask some of my Macau friend
Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kitracer View Post
Is close to the Kart track but I can't tell you anymore details. I will ask some of my Macau friend
Please do if you can.
I wanted to go this weekend. I tried the F.O. one but is only open from 9Pm and then all night. I asked the guy working there where the GT300 track was but couldn t understand him. I ve searched some more on internet but can only find videos.. not a single adress posted anywhere. Quite frustrating..
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tigerdim,

I found this old post here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ave-movie.html

Maybe try sending the guy a message either through RCtech or even through Youtube and see if he replies. The post is a bit old so the track may not be around anymore but still worth a shot.

Let us know how you get on
Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, just PMed him. I d already seen those videos but the original poster only has 24 posts on his account so don t think he s really active.

Those videos are on about 5 different forums, yet no one has posted an adress on any.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi there, I haven't heard of or know where the F.O. track is. But having been to GT300 just last week for a race I can say that it is probably the best track you'll find in Macau (if not, the only outdoor track). It's hard to get to if you're not a local as theres no exact address for it to look for.

GT300 isn't very accessible so you'll need a car or take the cab. Driving on the Cotai strip towards Coloane, when you reach the roundabout on the very end of Cotai strip (Virgin Mary statue), take a left. Then keep an eye along your right for the first gate you see and drive in (it should be less than a minute drive from the roundabout, and the gate is on a sandy bumpy road opposite across the street is the gate to helicopter maintenance facility).

Its located in a metal scrap yard so If you have someone driving you then keep driving in towards the end of the yard its on the left, if you don't see it ask around people working there.

If youre taking a cab then the driver probably wont take you in the bumpy lane so he'll drop you off at the gate and you'll have to walk in yourself (~5min walk).

If you speak Chinese then it's 路(乙水)工路尾,聖母像迴旋處轉左後,直升機維修中心對面大閘 or you can show it to the driver.

Oh then theres google maps
At this roundabout make left
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...80.84,,0,10.19

Follow the road...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...84.77,,0,-1.13

It's the entrance on the right when you see this (first junction from roundabout)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,94.48,,0,5.27

Not sure if they're open weekdays but on weekends it's MOP 60 all day pit tables and AC power.

**Ok now I know what F.O. is, when did you go to FO? are they open weekday nights too??
Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

That s great..
Thanks a alot. I never would have found that. AS I said, the guy at F.O. just said there was a race on at GT300 and said it was close to the go karts. The taxci driver couldn t be bothered and told me it was the in the go kart track and he d seen a lot of guys racing RC there.. Of course when I went inside no one had ever seen an RC car.

Anyway, I ll go try GT300 next time I m in Macau.
I m not sure if it's open weekdays or not. It was a Saturday when I went. I couldn t even look inside. I saw some videos of a small indoor track on youtube and am starting to believe this might be F.O. (it is in town . link below)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rua+Da+Ribeir a+Do+Patane+N'+157&sll=22.202202,113.539088&sspn=0 .003924,0.004769&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=157+R.+da+Ribei ra+do+Patane,+Santo+Antonio,+Macau&ll=22.202584,11 3.539479&spn=0.003924,0.004769&t=h&z=18
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey guys,

how about RC shops in Macau? Google seems to be of no help. Will be there this weekend and want to buy an LRP charger.

Thanks!