Search

LIPO Battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default LIPO Battery

LIPO battery users,

As we speak, my friend and his family nearly ended in tragedy due to a exploding LIPO battery in his car while he was driving.

The explosion measure about 8 feet into the air and virtually burn his car to the ground. However in the nick of time he manage to save himself and his family to avoid such tragedy cause by LIPO battery.

I will update more information including photos to his situation.

At the moment, I have sent numerous emails to ROAR, FAMAR, IFMAR, FEMCA and EFRA to call on the BAN and seriously investigate the sanction and should LIPO battery be allow in any form of RC racing.

DT

Last edited by Danny Teh; 06-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

You were going to post more information.
I would be interested in hearing the full story. I m in the process of switching from NiMH to LIPO or LiFe. From the stories I hear I am tempted to go LiFe. Even though there's less voltage on a 2S, I m happy to lose a few seconds if it saves my house and car from burning down.

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
LIPO battery users,

As we speak, my friend and his family nearly ended in tragedy due to a exploding LIPO battery in his car while he was driving.

The explosion measure about 8 feet into the air and virtually burn his car to the ground. However in the nick of time he manage to save himself and his family to avoid such tragedy cause by LIPO battery.

I will update more information including photos to his situation.

At the moment, I have sent numerous emails to ROAR, FAMAR, IFMAR, FEMCA and EFRA to call on the BAN and seriously investigate the sanction and should LIPO battery be allow in any form of RC racing.

DT
Old 08-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any update Danny? I would really be interested in knowing what happened. I can understand lipos blowing up when charged our discharged, but if they start blowing up when stored in my flat or car I don't want to go near them. Not worth the risk for a few mps...
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

lipos dont just explode when stored properly, or they might be deformed and kept on using it.if you notice something unusual on the batt stop charging them and using as well.