Wiki Posts
Search

TRC Racing Track

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default TRC Racing Track

Hello,

I am new to the RC world and just got an electric 1/10 On Road.
I recently went to the TRC track and thought I could have a go. It was a Sunday 2 weeks ago.
I couldn't figure out whether the track was open to everyone, or whether it was closed for a race. No one seemed to speak english to help me (I don t speak canto )

Can someone help me understand how this track works. Do you just pay an entrance fee and then run whenever you want? Do you have to wait for your turn or your category to be on track?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

The daily fee is 100hkd or 600hkd per month including fixed A/C pit area. You can run whatever you wants there but indoor track is for electric only. And please note as sometimes there are race there the track will be closed for racer only. I think two weeks ago there were a electric race during Sunday, better check before you go to TRC.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks a lot for that.
Is there anywhere I can check if there are any races before going?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

http://rc-kws.com/viewthread.php?tid...extra=page%3D1

I know you don't rear chinese... But in post one the first half are electric race date (indoor track). The second half are for nitro race (outdoor track).
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, that's great thanks a lot. Basically one average one race per month. June 6th was definitely the day I went there. Was disappointed I couldn't try my new car on the track but enjoyed watching the races.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hi there, there are numerous other tracks located througout HK. I personally go to ACO, but this is for nitro mainly. There is also PYC. both are easily accessible from Fanling train station.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes Chubba, I have heard of ACo but was told it was mostly for nitros.
Do you have a link for PYC?
Which one do you think is the best for electrics?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

http://rc-one.hk/phpwind/viewthread....extra=page%3D1

PYC is mainly for nitro too..... For electric you should go to TC http://www.trackcarena.com/ . This track is electric only. A little small but a very nice track.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Track Carena does look good and seems easier to find than TRC (not sure I d find it again )

How does it work at Carena? Do you also just pay for the day, and can you race your car any day?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

yap, same thing just pay and play for the whole day. Same as others if they have a race there the track will be closed for racer only.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

btw, how much is it to play at track carena? and could i go there for rc drifting?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

I tried to go to Track Carena last weekend. Eventually found the street but then there was no sign of where the track was.
I stopped in front of one gate where I thought it was and all was written was "No trespassing. Private Property". Wasn t sure whether it was the track or a private house.
It was raining so gave up in any case.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

yes, that is TC. But I don't think you can play drift there as there are a lot of cars there and may cause some issue with others.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Can someone please tell me the exact location of this track, because i cannot make sense of this. I just got my first on road rc yesterday (it was a Bday present from my parents) and want to race it while i am in HK. the map is kind of confusing to me and even though i speak canto, i can't write or read it. thnx in advanced, NRT
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NoRulesTiger
Can someone please tell me the exact location of this track, because i cannot make sense of this. I just got my first on road rc yesterday (it was a Bday present from my parents) and want to race it while i am in HK. the map is kind of confusing to me and even though i speak canto, i can't write or read it. thnx in advanced, NRT

TRC: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=22.411...,0.013937&z=17

It is not exactly where the pointer is.. but just follow the sign from here and you re a minute away.

TrackCarena: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=22.452...,0.006968&z=18

Hope this helps. Definitely not the easiest places to find.. I dont understand why these 2 tracks don't add google maps links. Their maps aren't really clear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.