HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 12-10-2003, 03:30 AM
  #14416  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Even better!! We can all go to your place after PYC and party!
dtm said he will show everyone his fav trick, spit fire with nitro!!
Now a days....I am better at spitting blood at work......
dtm is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 09:24 AM
  #14417  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

haha....same here...im good at spitting blood at school!!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 09:25 AM
  #14418  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Even better!! We can all go to your place after PYC and party!
dtm said he will show everyone his fav trick, spit fire with nitro!!
my dog wont be too happy about that
disaster999 is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 05:39 PM
  #14419  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Now a days....I am better at spitting blood at work......
er... spitting blood at work? whats your job DTM? professional boxer?
Tommi Makkinen is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 05:43 PM
  #14420  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Tommi Makkinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Somewhere... still racing...
Posts: 4,698
Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Default

Originally posted by disaster999
haha....same here...im good at spitting blood at school!!
your school must have quite a lot of bullies eh?
Tommi Makkinen is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 07:13 PM
  #14421  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
your school must have quite a lot of bullies eh?
na...college professors doesnt know how to teach..hahaha....
disaster999 is offline  
Old 12-10-2003, 11:54 PM
  #14422  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 277
Default

Originally posted by disaster999
na...college professors doesnt know how to teach..hahaha....
RIT yea?? you guys had excellent photography department.. not sure about now...
Anyway, why don't you PM me when you getchass back to HK, I'll be going between PYC and ACO between 22-24of Dec... i.e if my car doesn't require any major operation in between.....
While you're there, can you get me those big bag twizzlers? (the red one) I think they are around 3 bucks for the large ones Oh! and a 4 pack or 6 pack IWC root beer!? Thanks!
lawndoggie is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 12:11 AM
  #14423  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
you can get one switchable 110-220 power supply here and you may still use it when you back home.

besides, you can borrow a traditional heavy power supply from the track operator.
That's cool, since I already have a 110, borrowing would be my better option

Is english used much over there?
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 12:16 AM
  #14424  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
to some kids (or even adults), america = the whole world.

if you win a club race in even smallest town in us, you can win the worlds already.

i can call it "over confident", or "too naive" ...

go home and teach themselves world map first.
I gotta agree to a point. I race at a track that is home to world champs, if you stick with them, you will have a good chance at bieng competition at the worlds.

However I know that there are other countries harvesting some haul-ass drivers that just need to get popular to take their racing to the next step.

I know I'm a guest in the HK thread, but saying this is true about all americans isn't really cool, the few rednecks that talk out of their ass dont speak for all of us.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 12:24 AM
  #14425  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
That's cool, since I already have a 110, borrowing would be my better option

Is english used much over there?
yes, english is popular here. you see all of us here type in english at least !
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 12:26 AM
  #14426  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I gotta agree to a point. I race at a track that is home to world champs, if you stick with them, you will have a good chance at bieng competition at the worlds.

However I know that there are other countries harvesting some haul-ass drivers that just need to get popular to take their racing to the next step.

I know I'm a guest in the HK thread, but saying this is true about all americans isn't really cool, the few rednecks that talk out of their ass dont speak for all of us.
well, narrow minded and stupid people every where not only in US !

by the way, we are guest here too just like you.
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 01:00 AM
  #14427  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
yes, english is popular here. you see all of us here type in english at least !
I was hoping it wasn't just type You'll have to excuse my american accent
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 01:01 AM
  #14428  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
well, narrow minded and stupid people every where not only in US !

by the way, we are guest here too just like you.
Very true, it was just aimed at US, so I had to take a stand
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 01:02 AM
  #14429  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I know I'm a guest in the HK thread, but saying this is true about all americans isn't really cool, the few rednecks that talk out of their ass dont speak for all of us.
Randman, too many American rednecks talk out of their ass in Hong Kong/China. The racers in HK are pretty quick so watch out. They have access to ALL the latest gear at good prices

I miss HK, sooo many shops within walking distance of each other.... Shanghai we have 3 (one good one www.fymodel.com) in a city of 20,000,000 people and no permanent tracks Can't wait for the rugby 7's Shopping spree
renjie is offline  
Old 12-11-2003, 01:04 AM
  #14430  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I was hoping it wasn't just type You'll have to excuse my american accent
i can understand aussie accent so american accent is nothing to me !
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.