HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 09-17-2003, 10:34 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
like this ?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=509832
OMG...Silver was to protect against UV light.....what does GOLD do....protect you from ever having any money in your wallet!!??!!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:35 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
then what's the point of putting the fan there? to serves as a power generator for the plug?
You can connect the fan to a dyno, then the dyno can recharge your reciever pack whilst the car is running...you can then get 20 tanks before a recharge!!!! and have a cooler reciever pack to boot!!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default my V1RR hit Singapore ground ....

Old 09-20-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ernest: where's the fan? I thought Manicore taught you to install one for glow-plug cooling.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Diva, I am consider to install an umbrella instead of fan .... raining all day long here. Hope I can visit the track tomorrow instead. Itchy on GP....

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g5431763

Here is the most serious seller I ever found from internet.
Would you spend JPY 300k to own all these ? personally, i will
Old 09-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default newbie looking forward to learn

hey guys,

I got my first nitro car 2 weeks ago. Just finished all the assembly. Now I am looking forward to take it out to track and learn to handle it.
Earlier today, I went to Kai Tak to check out the place, I was a bit intimadated as everyone there looked sooo... well... serious.. kinda unfriendly. I was also surprised as to how small the track was.
Anyway, I really don't know much abour RC Car period. (The last time I touched one was over 10 years ago with my Kyosho Optima Mid Custom Special). Hope I can hang with some of you guys the next time you guys hit the track. (Any track)
Is that alright? Just PM me!
Thanks!!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: newbie looking forward to learn

Originally posted by lawndoggie
hey guys,

I got my first nitro car 2 weeks ago. Just finished all the assembly. Now I am looking forward to take it out to track and learn to handle it.
Earlier today, I went to Kai Tak to check out the place, I was a bit intimadated as everyone there looked sooo... well... serious.. kinda unfriendly. I was also surprised as to how small the track was.
Anyway, I really don't know much abour RC Car period. (The last time I touched one was over 10 years ago with my Kyosho Optima Mid Custom Special). Hope I can hang with some of you guys the next time you guys hit the track. (Any track)
Thanks!!
kinda unfriendly? Well, it depends. We are unfriendly to those who are unfriendly. BTW, we have TLC meeting on almost every Sat at PYC. Welcome to join us.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ernestf
Diva, I am consider to install an umbrella instead of fan .... raining all day long here. Hope I can visit the track tomorrow instead. Itchy on GP....

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g5431763

Here is the most serious seller I ever found from internet.
Would you spend JPY 300k to own all these ? personally, i will
You could run your GP at your corridor.

The auction was closed.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:33 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: newbie looking forward to learn

Originally posted by lawndoggie
hey guys,

Thanks!!
Come along to PYC on Saturdays....Look for the crazy OLD man- Manticore and good looking less older person...ME! hehe..... We are much more friendly! Should be able to reckonise us by the car on the Avatar...that is the shell I am usually running!
Old 09-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

finally, with a sunshine afternoon (sunday) in Singapore, with my wife special permission, i can enjoy GP fun for a few hrs.

also managed to break in my Sirio.12.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: newbie looking forward to learn

Originally posted by dtm
Come along to PYC on Saturdays....Look for the crazy OLD man- Manticore and good looking less older person...ME! hehe..... We are much more friendly! Should be able to reckonise us by the car on the Avatar...that is the shell I am usually running!
ya, i felt the same as you when i first did RC...everyone seem so good and cocky and stuff..but it turned out that usually everyone is friendly! esp manticore, dtm, diva! you just get to know the ppl there! go around, talk to them, ask about setups and other problems, they are more than happy to help you!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: newbie looking forward to learn

Originally posted by disaster999
ya, i felt the same as you when i first did RC...everyone seem so good and cocky and stuff..but it turned out that usually everyone is friendly! esp manticore, dtm, diva! you just get to know the ppl there! go around, talk to them, ask about setups and other problems, they are more than happy to help you!
ah, you go back to your old screen name, disaster999.

i also notice your signature has been changed too but the statment about RC12L3 is not really true. Asso 1/12 car is not actually really good but due to the parts wildly available, more people run this car instead. to my opinion, delta made very good 1/12 but too bad they have stopped to produce car kit now.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: newbie looking forward to learn

Originally posted by Manticore
ah, you go back to your old screen name, disaster999.

i also notice your signature has been changed too but the statment about RC12L3 is not really true. Asso 1/12 car is not actually really good but due to the parts wildly available, more people run this car instead. to my opinion, delta made very good 1/12 but too bad they have stopped to produce car kit now.
haha...ya this one suits me better! dunno what made me change my name to whatever=P

hehe..the only reason i said that is because i own the car, but i dont really like AE..so i GOTTA say that 12l3 is the only good car from AE! besides that..ya...my old signature is too corny...i cant think of a good one!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Default RC fishy

even my fishes are into RC!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

It seems that your car was crashed into the sea leaving all the wreck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.