HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 05-26-2003, 03:14 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
Haha...Yes it does take quite a long time to go through every shelf of Super-rc...you can easily spend 2 hours just in that shop....don't think my gf was too impressed with me when I did that last time!
HaHa, I can say that the first time, my girl went with me, for the second time, I had to go by myself!! Exactly, 2 hours!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 03:17 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by d_Alex
Fai, you are a legend mate. I've used just about every search engine there is without any success!!!

DTM, no she wont be impressed, but oh well nothing a nice diner canít fix (I hope)
Last time I got a digital camera. (lost it while sailing ) I hope my car lasts longer
(... no I wont take it near water)

James
You're welcome! I'm sure you can get many of them if you got a Japanese RC magazine nearby!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by fai
You're welcome! I'm sure you can get many of them if you got a Japanese RC magazine nearby!
Good idea Fai.
I have had a look at the web sites above, but I havenít had much luck (again ). I'm after a Mugen MST-1. Unfortunately none of them list it in their catalogs. It looks like the off road market is not so popular, however their prices are really good. I think I'll get a radio & servos, and most likely a starter box.

Also I've noticed that off road is not so popular in HK either.

James
Old 05-27-2003, 05:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Good idea Fai.
I have had a look at the web sites above, but I havenít had much luck (again ). I'm after a Mugen MST-1. Unfortunately none of them list it in their catalogs. It looks like the off road market is not so popular, however their prices are really good. I think I'll get a radio & servos, and most likely a starter box.

Also I've noticed that off road is not so popular in HK either.

James
Oh dear...looks like you have caught the "shopping in Japan bug" buy it cause it's cheap......hahaha...... we all get it eventually!!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

i just finished painting another stratus and DAMN i love it....i even have a space for my car number
Old 05-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by DTM
Oh dear...looks like you have caught the "shopping in Japan bug" buy it cause it's cheap......hahaha...... we all get it eventually!!
Oh boy, I almost fall over my seat when I read "shopping in Japan bugĒ it reminded me of Maxwell Smart from Control. (I hope you guys know what I am talking about)
The old buy it cause it's cheap trick

LOL 100% correct.

Well, I started with MX bikes, then Go-Karts, and now RC (soon), so Iím getting cheaper and cheaper (must pay the house off)

Maxwell Smart
Old 05-27-2003, 08:31 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Well, I started with MX bikes, then Go-Karts, and now RC (soon), so Iím getting cheaper and cheaper (must pay the house off)

Maxwell Smart
Fortunately...or unfortunately....we do not get Maxell in HKG....but I know what you mean!

You want to be careful about RC cars being cheap! I would hate to add up everything I have spent on RC cars.........I can probably buy a couple of decent 1:1 cars for the price!!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:32 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by davioh
i just finished painting another stratus and DAMN i love it....i even have a space for my car number
Well.....where are the pics??
Old 05-27-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Hey guys, one question.

If you were to get a new 1/10 TC, what would you pick?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
Well.....where are the pics??
wait wait! i need ta scan them!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:18 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Diva
Hey guys, one question.

If you were to get a new 1/10 TC, what would you pick?
Diva: It's really difficult to answer... SD is 'hit' but I don't like Waigo too much, Surikarn's EvoIII should be good but don't want to get into the field of Tamiya... Xray should be good also but too many people running them (or had run them) lar... I really want to have a Losi, but the most important point is that our dear Captain DTM told me not to buy Ah!

Pro4 seems Ok, according to its CAD drawings, but later I found it has 'too many plastic'...
I heard rumors that Asso. will have its new car next year... maybe we can wait!?

Old 05-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

I remember some one said Losi XXXS is a very durable car.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fai
Diva: It's really difficult to answer... SD is 'hit' but I don't like Waigo too much, Surikarn's EvoIII should be good but don't want to get into the field of Tamiya... Xray should be good also but too many people running them (or had run them) lar... I really want to have a Losi, but the most important point is that our dear Captain DTM told me not to buy Ah!

Pro4 seems Ok, according to its CAD drawings, but later I found it has 'too many plastic'...
I heard rumors that Asso. will have its new car next year... maybe we can wait!?

Next year? I'd better wash my hands now.

I'm thinking about the Surikarn's TB. But have to observe to see if the bevel gear problem still exist. I don't want to be white mouse.

Ummmmmm, I think I'll get back to GP for a while.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:47 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Diva
Next year? I'd better wash my hands now.

I'm thinking about the Surikarn's TB. But have to observe to see if the bevel gear problem still exist. I don't want to be white mouse.

Ummmmmm, I think I'll get back to GP for a while.
Diva: I don't know whether the Surikarn edition will have its 'bevel gear problem' solved... But I think the next car that will always strip its bevel gear is the Pro4!!

So, how about your MY02 once again, have it been run yet??
Old 05-29-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fai
Diva: I don't know whether the Surikarn edition will have its 'bevel gear problem' solved... But I think the next car that will always strip its bevel gear is the Pro4!!

So, how about your MY02 once again, have it been run yet??
The MY02 is very good. I ran it on last Sunday with 23T. It's my first time to run stock. Amazing speed with RR motor. But as my usual practice, it has a new home now. Next target may be G+/XRay/Surikarn TB.

BTW, my 3rd NTC3 is ready.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.