HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 04-05-2003, 09:46 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Fire
the piston has to submerge under the oil before you start to tighten the cap

i usually wrap a piece of paper towel around the shocks when tightening the cap to catch the excess oil

how is the spur gear adaptor??
people here don't have good comments about the one trinity makes
I had problems with getting enough oil in the cavity where the O rings and spacers sit! This is an area which traps air. When you first build it it is OK, then after a while the air from the area seems to surface out!
Old 04-05-2003, 09:48 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
It should be Team Zero instead of GXM.
Great! anything is better than having to have GPM on my car...does CC have??
Old 04-05-2003, 09:55 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Corse-R
.................. I'm planning to race the local Tamiya championship, so I need to put into shape my TA-04 and try to shave some grams on them (I'm very near of the 1500gram limit - no dremel allowed ).

Anyone uses the TA04? Many locals switched from the 04 to the TRF cars. Probably next sunday I'll give some laps to see if still know how to drive those damn cars that don't do sound and doesn't get messy.
If you run the carbon tub...you have to put a lot of money in to get it to 1500g......

I have a TA04R it is still over...but thats because I'm using a rather heavy Cyclone ESC. The car is very comfortable to drive, can be made to run well even with a Tamiya shell (NSX). It can run with the likes of Xrays....but you have to be careful about the lines to take because the Xrays are definately more responsive to mid corner corrections (something the TA04 struggles with a little).
It's out of corner acceleration is still blown apart by the shaft driven cars.....
Old 04-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
If you run the carbon tub...you have to put a lot of money in to get it to 1500g......

I have a TA04R it is still over...but thats because I'm using a rather heavy Cyclone ESC. The car is very comfortable to drive, can be made to run well even with a Tamiya shell (NSX). It can run with the likes of Xrays....but you have to be careful about the lines to take because the Xrays are definately more responsive to mid corner corrections (something the TA04 struggles with a little).
It's out of corner acceleration is still blown apart by the shaft driven cars.....
I have the lightweight carbon tub (the ones with battery slots). I'm managing to install titanium turnbuckles, titanium screws and the aluminium steering posts (prefeer to not do any kind of calculation about what costed me the gift of my GF last year). Actually has installed all those hop ups:

Lw carbon tub chassis.
Carbon fiber upper deck.
Carbon fiber shock stays.
TRF shocks (silver ones w/ aluminium collars).
Rear ball diff with lightweight outdrives.
Front one-way diff.
Adjustable ball connectors (53488) for the shocks (F/R).
Lightweight (aluminium) swing shafts (F/R).
Hard main shaft (w/ plastic pulleys).
Alu spur holder.
Low friction belts (F/R)
Finned motor plate.
Rear toe-in bulkheads.
Anti roll bars (F/R).

Probably have something more, but probably is blueish 'eye-candy'...

Electronics is a Futaba 9250 w/ KO mini receiver and LRP Quantum comp. Body is the Castrol NSX body (love this body...).

Will power it with a Reedy KR 8x2 that I have here specially for this car (is the unique race where something more powerful than a 12 turns can be used). Will take some photos and post here.

BTW: Anyone knows if a parachute is made for stopping the car? last year with a 10x3 turns the speed was freaking high.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey does kwong wah gai have any bugatti bodies? last time i went i had 10 min to buy stuff....and i couldn't find the bugatti...so i got a stratus...anyone seen a bugatti?
Old 04-06-2003, 07:29 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
I had problems with getting enough oil in the cavity where the O rings and spacers sit! This is an area which traps air. When you first build it it is OK, then after a while the air from the area seems to surface out!
DTM: I read from the Losi XXX-S thread some clues about how to build a proper Losi dampers... You may got those by searching with key words 'dampers'!
Old 04-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm
Great! anything is better than having to have GPM on my car...does CC have??
My friend and I went to play big foot yesterday and his T-Maxx got the front arm broken. When we visited GPM later, the salesman (not boy) quoted the blue shit front arm to us. At the same time, he persuaded us to get the whole optional set for his car for $1,750 only. $1,750 to convert your car to pure blue shit. What a wonderful joke of the year...so far.

BTW, big foot is big fun. My USA-1 conquered every landscape. Video will be ready soon.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:58 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by davioh
hey does kwong wah gai have any bugatti bodies? last time i went i had 10 min to buy stuff....and i couldn't find the bugatti...so i got a stratus...anyone seen a bugatti?
PG use to have the old Bugatti shell for a while, don't know if it it still there!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have the lightweight carbon tub (the ones with battery slots). I'm managing to install titanium turnbuckles, titanium screws and the aluminium steering posts (prefeer to not do any kind of calculation about what costed me the gift of my GF last year). Actually has installed all those hop ups:

Lw carbon tub chassis.
Carbon fiber upper deck.
Carbon fiber shock stays.
TRF shocks (silver ones w/ aluminium collars).
Rear ball diff with lightweight outdrives.
Front one-way diff.
Adjustable ball connectors (53488) for the shocks (F/R).
Lightweight (aluminium) swing shafts (F/R).
Hard main shaft (w/ plastic pulleys).
Alu spur holder.
Low friction belts (F/R)
Finned motor plate.
Rear toe-in bulkheads.
Anti roll bars (F/R).

Probably have something more, but probably is blueish 'eye-candy'...

Electronics is a Futaba 9250 w/ KO mini receiver and LRP Quantum comp. Body is the Castrol NSX body (love this body...).

Will power it with a Reedy KR 8x2 that I have here specially for this car (is the unique race where something more powerful than a 12 turns can be used). Will take some photos and post here.

BTW: Anyone knows if a parachute is made for stopping the car? last year with a 10x3 turns the speed was freaking high.
Haha....thats sounds like a Tamiya! If you run the front one-way- don't use the light driveshafts up front...they like to snap in half if you lift a wheel off the ground. If you are interested in a second TA04 with even more upgrades...brand new! let me know I have a second one which is a little more crazy!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:05 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
DTM: I read from the Losi XXX-S thread some clues about how to build a proper Losi dampers... You may got those by searching with key words 'dampers'!
I may try that when I get round to rebuilding them...too lazy to take apart right now. Got my new toy tonight- Turbo GFX charger!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:06 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva
My friend and I went to play big foot yesterday and his T-Maxx got the front arm broken. When we visited GPM later, the salesman (not boy) quoted the blue shit front arm to us. At the same time, he persuaded us to get the whole optional set for his car for $1,750 only. $1,750 to convert your car to pure blue shit. What a wonderful joke of the year...so far.

BTW, big foot is big fun. My USA-1 conquered every landscape. Video will be ready soon.
Sounds like a bargain......do they build it up for you as well for that price!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:09 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Gearing is a problem for this car. I was running 125/32 and the gear adjustment is right on the limit. You will need to take it down with a 128T to get the gearing for an 8T.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:17 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
I may try that when I get round to rebuilding them...too lazy to take apart right now. Got my new toy tonight- Turbo GFX charger!
DTM: Woowww... I just want to raise out my question about when will you get a new Turbo... I think now that's no need lar!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

one thing good for myself when staying in Singapore is : I wont spend $$ regularly in Mongkok, ie, weekly. I used to visit MK freq and spend thousands monthly.
however, that's mean "lack" of new toys too .....
Old 04-07-2003, 09:29 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
one thing good for myself when staying in Singapore is : I wont spend $$ regularly in Mongkok, ie, weekly. I used to visit MK freq and spend thousands monthly.
however, that's mean "lack" of new toys too .....
hahaha.......you just do your spending in one BIG hit when you come over to HKG...I don't think you have spent less....simply more concentrated spending!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.