HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 10-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by dtm
No worries!! I figured you forgot...with all the other RC stuff you had to bring over!

Ai Yah! youre not kidding! when i got on the plane for HK, i was right on my allocated baggage weight limit. When i left for Manila, I was 10 kilos overloaded!! Had to pay something like HK$200 in weight penalties... the handout batteries and my shopping did me in... hehehe. Next time i go to HK, i'm bringing only a backpack for my clothes so i can buy some more stuff without going overboard on the weight...
Old 10-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
Mars' car is his avator.....except in a 360 shell....of course!!!!
Of course... By the way, did you guys see our team's paint schemes in our cars? in particular...

Stock Class- Blue/Black Modena with Wolverine on the top slashing stuff with the Philippine Flag on the hood?

F-1- Red/Yellow Ferrari with Wolverine on the nose?

GT-1-Red/Yellow/Orange Modena with spiderman?
Old 10-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mars
Tommi, I also hope our racers can get onto the podium during the Tamiya WC. I know they are busy preparing for the race. Getting parts, building new cars. I think they won't let us down!
I found your Evo4 in a photo. But I can't see you name because I only have a front shot

Thanks dtm for introducing my car

Nipple, I heard that the GTR body is more stable though I haven't try one myself. As you GTR have been attacked by Nicholas, it might be time for you to put on a 360

I dont think your boys will let us down... glad you saw my car. i think i was the only Evo4 in the whole lot. kinda like the Lebanese dude Antoine. he was the only one in a Focus... By the way, i'm curious, when did your Tamiya organizer allowed the Lexan Rear wing in Rally class? when we were running in rally class in manila, we were using the stock wings... we got caught out by that change... do not worry, that wasnt a complaint, just a question... no offense bro...
Old 10-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Default New ESC

Hey EP players,what do you think about this ESC??
http://www.invector.nu/irc/AdvancedSpeedo.asp
Old 10-18-2002, 03:49 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Manticore
so, where is your boss now? he sits in front of you?
No no, but he's always out of town these days... really don't know what's going up!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:52 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
Good to see you...glad you finually got rid of that "bottomless money pit" of yours (Pro 3!)

I tried a few other cars....but I'm still back on the Xray........... right now I doing some experiements with batteries.....can't tell you exactly yet.......I first need to clear out MK of it's stock before I let the cat out of the bag!!!
I think X-ray is also a "bottomless money EP" ...
What cars did you try?? I ran with Atlas type-T after the pro3 and now with the Barracuda!
Old 10-18-2002, 03:56 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ernestf
fai, glad to know that u are still with RC, i wonder where have u been for so long ....
never mind, i dont need the zapper now, will contact u once i go back hk at the end of Oct, so i can collect it and move it to SG a trade for barracuda will be cool too

so where is your pro3 now ? dump ? u have played car this year ? how come i never meet u ?
Do call me then!! Oh, I don't think I will run my Pro3 anymore... So do you need any option/spare parts??
Old 10-18-2002, 03:57 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Default Re: New ESC

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
TS: Do you think it's a little bit heavy? An quantum weighs only 17.5g with nearly the same price!
Old 10-18-2002, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fai
Do call me then!! Oh, I don't think I will run my Pro3 anymore... So do you need any option/spare parts??
what do u have for pro3 ?
Old 10-18-2002, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fai
What cars did you try?? I ran with Atlas type-T after the pro3 and now with the Barracuda!
Hi Fai...Long time no see. Hang out in Kai Tak more?
Actually, If you don't "Fat How" and goes for the looks of the options, the original car (Plus the front oneway) is good enough for us "Sports" drivers. I (we) brought alot of options but we more or less run the same parts and setting of the original car. AND the parts last
Old 10-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
I dont think your boys will let us down... glad you saw my car. i think i was the only Evo4 in the whole lot. kinda like the Lebanese dude Antoine. he was the only one in a Focus... By the way, i'm curious, when did your Tamiya organizer allowed the Lexan Rear wing in Rally class? when we were running in rally class in manila, we were using the stock wings... we got caught out by that change... do not worry, that wasnt a complaint, just a question... no offense bro...
I saw the paint schemes of your team, really cool! must be a lot of work in doing that kind of graphic
The big mac car is also really nice
We were given the list of authorized parts a week before the race. I guess the racers found out the change at that time.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: New ESC

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
They said it has 1000A pulse current.Is it very powerful??
Old 10-19-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mars
I saw the paint schemes of your team, really cool! must be a lot of work in doing that kind of graphic
The big mac car is also really nice
We were given the list of authorized parts a week before the race. I guess the racers found out the change at that time.

The guy who painted those cars used to paint Tamiya Mini 4WD's This guy's good. Charges around HK$ 200 for the service. It's almost a crime to scratch one of his works...
By the way, the big mac car belongs to the lebanese driver i think...
as for the wing rule, i knew we were a bit behind... but no worries, it teaches us to be better prepared for next year...
Old 10-19-2002, 09:17 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
CE4- gave up..........TB Evo 2- gave up!!!!

wanted to buy the Atlas Si....but getting parts appears to be a real problem...so I forgot about that. I won't get the Baracuda because the emblem looks too much like the Brietling logo........copy watch!!!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They said it has 1000A pulse current.Is it very powerful??
well it can support up to 1000A pulse current.....but does our motor need that much??

Keyence's ESC specs are ...... unlimited.....as much your batt can give......??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.