HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 06-22-2002, 11:03 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by White cat

Are you using one way diff? Maybe one of one way bearing worn out. Did you check the axle bearings? A bad bearing at one side may cause this problem.

What about all the universals? Are they all in good shape? Your problem sounds like a drivetrain problem rather than suspension problem.
Yes I'm running the one-way! The car exhibited this behaviour from new!! I soaked all the bearings before build so they are running very free on bearing oil only. Anyway, I will do a full strip and check this time...for it's final chance!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:04 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen

no man. i'm serious. I could either FedEx it or i bring it with me when i go there in october for the TAC. we meet in the TAC venue. That is if you can wait that long...
Thks Tommi! October sounds fine!! (I've waited this long already!!)....we'll talk about it closer the time!!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:05 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen

Hey man, dont do that! what about me?? i'm planning to get a Evo myself... maybe your evo problem can be summed up in one word... TWEAK...
I don't want to get into the senario of adding all those weights on the car....it is already pretty heavy!!
Old 06-22-2002, 11:08 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Delaminated! I like this word. It sounds very pro! Can he still use the same chassis after its delamination? Thanks for your comment. Which hop up does he use?
Oh, he had quite a few options already...alloy hubs and alloy shaft carrier...I think the latter does quite a lot to prevent the spur being stripped!!
Old 06-23-2002, 01:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm

Oh, he had quite a few options already...alloy hubs and alloy shaft carrier...I think the latter does quite a lot to prevent the spur being stripped!!
latter? What is this?
Old 06-23-2002, 04:55 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

latter? What is this?
The latter one on the list....ie..the alloy shaft holder!!
Old 06-23-2002, 04:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Manticore- I just realised I charged you the wrong price for the bumper stay.....that was the non-discounted price!! I'll give you back the difference next time I see you......it was a long time ago when I bought!!
Old 06-23-2002, 05:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm

The latter one on the list....ie..the alloy shaft holder!!
I see. I thought it was some new parts that I have never heard of.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Manticore- I just realised I charged you the wrong price for the bumper stay.....that was the non-discounted price!! I'll give you back the difference next time I see you......it was a long time ago when I bought!!
damn, you owe me money !!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

the track before alteration was fine with GP but it has become very tight for GP after altered!! i will go to EGR next week !!
Old 06-23-2002, 05:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
the track before alteration was fine with GP but it has become very tight for GP after altered!! i will go to EGR next week !!
well see if there are any changes for next week...it was quite tight for EP even...after we had a play with it!!
Old 06-23-2002, 05:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

damn, you owe me money !!!!
haha...no interest given!!!
Old 06-23-2002, 09:33 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Got my Xray out again tonight......long time no see!!! NICE car.....maybe my next car will be another Xray .....again!!!!! especially if they come out with this new version that everyone on TSN is talking about!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Regional Moderator

DTM, how's your TB EVO II?
Old 06-24-2002, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

finally, i can be online again !!! miss HK a lot !
too bad that i cannot access internet at home yet (need to find apartment to move cuz still stay in services apartment provided by company) so no icq for at least a month. but at least i can access internet at work !
air is hot here, expecting some rain to lower the temp ! pass by the RC track in the way to my home from airport. god, it is such a long way to go to the track from my home ! a real car seems to be necessary, but the wife won't approve the budget until she join me next year !!! and actally i can get a benz in HK for the same cost of buying a civic in SG need to think about it seriously.
ppl are friendly here in general, and girls are wearing less clothes
the bad thing is i need to cook and clean/dry/press my clothes by my self until i rent my apartment and hire a mate.
u guys need to update me on any new products available in HK !!! pls !!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.