HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 05-23-2002, 10:56 PM
  #9481  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


dont cry, I dont need the carbon pattern body !!!!!
But it would be nice if they gave you one for free!!!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-23-2002, 11:06 PM
  #9482  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
what do you think the last lap of the third heat?? do you think masami hacked that thai guy ?? or just mistake??
It looked 50/50 for me!!!!! Masami had clearly overtaken him and the Thai guy came 'storming back' but I would have said Masami was just 'holding' his line!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-23-2002, 11:26 PM
  #9483  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


But it would be nice if they gave you one for free!!!!!!
there is no free lunch !!!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 07:01 AM
  #9484  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Got my TB EvoII...weird design for front one way.....but in general pretty good. Staying in the box until I finish this F201!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 07:02 AM
  #9485  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

The threadlock trick on the hub bearings on the F201 did wonders...hopefully I won't need to do this on the TB!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 07:07 AM
  #9486  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

dtm, good luck with your TBE2 !!!
its front oneway should be the same as TBE, not sure why Tamiya dont bring the oneway from its 414 family to TBE.
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 07:56 AM
  #9487  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
dtm, good luck with your TBE2 !!!
its front oneway should be the same as TBE, not sure why Tamiya dont bring the oneway from its 414 family to TBE.
So when are you going to get your Evo out of that big cupboard of yours???
dtm is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 08:00 AM
  #9488  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


So when are you going to get your Evo out of that big cupboard of yours???
NEVER, it is a collection item ! and i dont think its design is good for running, TC3 will do the job.
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 08:42 AM
  #9489  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf


NEVER, it is a collection item ! and i dont think its design is good for running, TC3 will do the job.
I think you are going to sell it on ebay some ten years later !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 08:52 AM
  #9490  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Got my TB EvoII...weird design for front one way.....but in general pretty good. Staying in the box until I finish this F201!!
got my tech motor mount today and installed tonight. you need to have a dremel to install the motor mount.
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 09:25 AM
  #9491  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

oooh, i need to go get the dremel kit first !!!!!!
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 09:27 AM
  #9492  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Saw a massive pile of Tech options for F201 in Harmony tonight (pre order!) including the chassis....most definately NOT worth Y7800....unless exchange is @0.03!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 09:29 AM
  #9493  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
oooh, i need to go get the dremel kit first !!!!!!
Forget it...just wait for 3 Racing...losing that upper screw really destroys the rigidity of the plastic chassis...only good for graphite chassis!!!!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 09:36 AM
  #9494  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Saw a massive pile of Tech options for F201 in Harmony tonight (pre order!) including the chassis....most definately NOT worth Y7800....unless exchange is @0.03!!!!
i will wait for "local cannon" CF chassis !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-24-2002, 09:39 AM
  #9495  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Forget it...just wait for 3 Racing...losing that upper screw really destroys the rigidity of the plastic chassis...only good for graphite chassis!!!!!!!
hahaha, did you know the a-arm are very weak and wont take a single hit !! we better just stick with stock motor on it !!
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.