HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 05-07-2002, 01:38 AM
  #8221  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 513
Default

it require different driving technique... want to run it in TCS
if i cant find one... i will just get the FF02...
ME-student is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 06:24 AM
  #8222  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i used to run a FF01 day back to 1999, it is now a gift to my uncle already , along with a EX5 set plus a Xpress 99.
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 06:25 AM
  #8223  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

engine mod ????

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=5016

what do u think ?
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 07:28 AM
  #8224  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
engine mod ????

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=5016

what do u think ?
Appears to be less of a mod but more of a renovation! I imagine the piston is squeezed in a press with a jig of sorts. If the alloy is taken to the 'plastic' region and permenantly grows in diameter there is no reason for it not to work!

Price appears to be reasonable....I guess no harm in trying especially with old pistons that are heading for the garbage bin anyway! hmmmm....now where did I put that old MT piston????
dtm is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 07:32 AM
  #8225  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by ME-student
it require different driving technique... want to run it in TCS
if i cant find one... i will just get the FF02...
I think I remember seeing a JACCs Civic in one of the model shops in MK (Thats FF01 isn't it??). Not the usual RC place, but further out towards Prince Edwards...sells lots of airbrush stuff and static Tamiya models. I know how to get there but do not know the street name.

The Tamiya shop next to me may have it.....they have a lot of old stuff!!! hehe.....
dtm is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 07:33 AM
  #8226  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


if there is a place for 1/10 EP buggy then i prefer to run 1/8 GP buggy !!
Now that would be even more difficult to find a place to run!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:10 AM
  #8227  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I think I remember seeing a JACCs Civic in one of the model shops in MK (Thats FF01 isn't it??). Not the usual RC place, but further out towards Prince Edwards...sells lots of airbrush stuff and static Tamiya models. I know how to get there but do not know the street name.

The Tamiya shop next to me may have it.....they have a lot of old stuff!!! hehe.....
do u know if that tamiya shop next to your home still have anything like HotShot or 4x4 Pickup (can change gear in the 3rd ch) ?
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:11 AM
  #8228  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Now that would be even more difficult to find a place to run!!!!
in this sense, manticore and i both have a 1/8 bigfoot for the purpose !!!
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:27 AM
  #8229  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Appears to be less of a mod but more of a renovation! I imagine the piston is squeezed in a press with a jig of sorts. If the alloy is taken to the 'plastic' region and permenantly grows in diameter there is no reason for it not to work!

Price appears to be reasonable....I guess no harm in trying especially with old pistons that are heading for the garbage bin anyway! hmmmm....now where did I put that old MT piston????
This is kind of piston/sleeve life extension. How many times it can be extended? until the sleeve falls into the casing freely?
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:29 AM
  #8230  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Now that would be even more difficult to find a place to run!!!!
I have once played 1/8 buggy in a muddy land. the buggy came back like a mud duck. you cant really realize it is your car !! but it is much fun !
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:31 AM
  #8231  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I think I remember seeing a JACCs Civic in one of the model shops in MK (Thats FF01 isn't it??). Not the usual RC place, but further out towards Prince Edwards...sells lots of airbrush stuff and static Tamiya models. I know how to get there but do not know the street name.

The Tamiya shop next to me may have it.....they have a lot of old stuff!!! hehe.....
Lets go for F201 one made race !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 AM
  #8232  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf


do u know if that tamiya shop next to your home still have anything like HotShot or 4x4 Pickup (can change gear in the 3rd ch) ?
If they have the stock I think it would be double the price of retail price you can get in MK ! it is a whole sell shop indeed and they only keep minimal stock at that small shop !!

I still remember I went from KT to that shop to look for parts for my first RC car i.e. XR311 !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 AM
  #8233  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


Lets go for F201 one made race !!
ok then. go for the F201 race first allow hopups ? hehe
ernestf is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:34 AM
  #8234  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ME-student
it require different driving technique... want to run it in TCS
if i cant find one... i will just get the FF02...
It is the matter of setup. You cant have much front droop otherwise you will have big time push !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 05-07-2002, 08:36 AM
  #8235  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf


ok then. go for the F201 race first allow hopups ? hehe
it is better to race stock box !!
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.