HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 09-26-2001, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fai
I'm now trying to change my driving style a little bit so that I can run faster with my Pro3!
fai: can you tell us more on this?
Old 09-26-2001, 03:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MR4TC owners: what kind of setup do you use for the egr track?

im using the one hara used to won the race, so that setup ok for egr?
Old 09-26-2001, 05:26 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
DTM: May I know how do you rate SV10??
Its my second most favourite car! Probably give it 8/10! (The Xray gets 9.... nothing is perfect! ) I like the first generation one better! The second generation has tonnes of steering even without a front one-way. These are very well made cars! I have 3 of them.... need I say more! Why do you ask... are you thinking of buying one?!
Old 09-26-2001, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Disaster999
MR4TC owners: what kind of setup do you use for the egr track?

im using the one hara used to won the race, so that setup ok for egr?
that will be fine. you might also try to use silver spring which is a bit harder then yellow.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ME Student: I'm planning to get a new kit real soon... the kit i have in mind is the kx-one... do you think i should still go for it... your the 2nd person i've heard of having problems with the car... well the first was the author of the kx-one article of the october issue of Car Action...
Old 09-26-2001, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Car Action mainly is a adv material for US-made cars. I am not saying KX-One is perfect. But it definitely got less "problem" than TC3 .....
Old 09-26-2001, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mars, i am not sure if on tau still have the tires. havent visited his shop for quite sometimes (cuz I am not in Wanchai for quite a while ....)
Old 09-26-2001, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

ernestf: well thats what i wanted to hear... i am also aware that they tested the car out of its box settings...

ernestf: what do you think of the kx1 against the Xray T1... i really can't make up my mind right now! are there still T1's in HK that have the Hudy set up tools
Old 09-26-2001, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

rking: i'll try some more setups this weekend, so i'll let you know later. but i do think the Kx-one is a great car for a big track and high speed racing. this is probably the most stable car in the market right now( beside the Pro3). From a physic point of view, with most of the weight in the center, the car with have alot less cornering force so that it can go through turns faster than other design. but since it take alot more force to overcome the grip of the tires, this car will understeer most of the time unless you put some not so sticky tires in the back. this car is on rail... its really hard to break lose even at very high speed... btw...dont trust those RCcaraction people.... you got to find out for yourself...!
Old 09-26-2001, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ME-student
rking: i'll try some more setups this weekend, so i'll let you know later. but i do think the Kx-one is a great car for a big track and high speed racing. this is probably the most stable car in the market right now( beside the Pro3). From a physic point of view, with most of the weight in the center, the car with have alot less cornering force so that it can go through turns faster than other design. but since it take alot more force to overcome the grip of the tires, this car will understeer most of the time unless you put some not so sticky tires in the back. this car is on rail... its really hard to break lose even at very high speed... btw...dont trust those RCcaraction people.... you got to find out for yourself...!
In general, car with battery placement such as KX1 is very sensitive on steering respond. Since this car allows chassis flex according to ernestf, it will be different. the chassis flex and batt placement is also similar to Pro3 but Kx1 is a single belt car as pro 2 is a dual belt car.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Manticore and ME student - what about the xray... any feedback on it? btw, how much is the kx1 in hongkong... here in manila its about US$284
Old 09-26-2001, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

hi manticore, you know i thought this is the best TC design will go, but i guess having all the weight in the center does have its disadvantages too.... so hopefully my design will overcome this problem... what kind of car do you race? i forgot....
Old 09-26-2001, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Manticore

In general, car with battery placement such as KX1 is very sensitive on steering respond. Since this car allows chassis flex according to ernestf, it will be different. the chassis flex and batt placement is also similar to Pro3 but Kx1 is a single belt car as pro 2 is a dual belt car.
yeah, the rotational force is smaller with the batt are lining in the center with the same direction as the chassis~~ therefore less effort is needed to turn~
Old 09-26-2001, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

rking: the X-ray will handle the same as Pro2, 414M and other cars with similar design. but of course the quality of X-ray and 414M is far better.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

how much is the kx1 over at Mongkok?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.