HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 04-21-2002, 07:02 AM
  #7816  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


is it? i thought its very common for Nova or RB engines leaking oil through the front bearings. Maybe they should solve that problem.
I have no problems with any of my NRs!!!!!! When stationary oil will naturally get eveywhere........at 3x,xxx rpm when you need it most.......you really want to keep the lube supply going to the bearing!!!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:02 AM
  #7817  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Don't worry...it won't make you go any faster!!!!!!
give me something that will give me more speed any day. theres still a need for speed.
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:05 AM
  #7818  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I have no problems with any of my NRs!!!!!! When stationary oil will naturally get eveywhere........at 3x,xxx rpm when you need it most.......you really want to keep the lube supply going to the bearing!!!!!!
i understand....
but do u see oil at areas on the crankcase near the front bearings after a days run? is that common?
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:06 AM
  #7819  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


give me something that will give me more speed any day. theres still a need for speed.
Depends how much you are prepared to sacrifice in terms of speed or longevity??
dtm is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:09 AM
  #7820  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


i understand....
but do u see oil at areas on the crankcase near the front bearings after a days run? is that common?
Poorly aligned bearings can give you this problem.......In general the front of my engines are no wetter or dirtier than the rest of the car!!!! It's when I pour afterrun into the engine, when things get bad!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:11 AM
  #7821  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Depends how much you are prepared to sacrifice in terms of speed or longevity??
well said well said......i strongly stand by that statement too.
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:22 AM
  #7822  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


i understand....
but do u see oil at areas on the crankcase near the front bearings after a days run? is that common?
Sometime is there and some time is not...Hell why do I care as long I can give Manticore and dtm a chase for their money i.e. as long I'm FAST and not killing the engine too hot...who cares what is leaking
KY9fat is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:25 AM
  #7823  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by KY9fat

Sometime is there and some time is not...Hell why do I care as long I can give Manticore and dtm a chase for their money i.e. as long I'm FAST and not killing the engine too hot...who cares what is leaking
if its leaking, you wont be able to stay on the track as long as Manticore or DTM.
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:27 AM
  #7824  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


if its leaking, you wont be able to stay on the track as long as Manticore or DTM.
haha.........KY keeps driving even when there is a crack in his engine case!!!!!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:31 AM
  #7825  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Originally posted by dtm


haha.........KY keeps driving even when there is a crack in his engine case!!!!!!!!
See hurhur
the crack was 1" right through the crank...and the engine was running just fine! .....a little wet thought
KY9fat is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:34 AM
  #7826  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by dtm


haha.........KY keeps driving even when there is a crack in his engine case!!!!!!!!
KY, boooo!!!
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:38 AM
  #7827  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally posted by KY9fat

See hurhur
the crack was 1" right through the crank...and the engine was running just fine! .....a little wet thought
so does this wet thought happen to you often KY?
hurhur is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:39 AM
  #7828  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by KY9fat

See hurhur
the crack was 1" right through the crank...and the engine was running just fine! .....a little wet thought
you were running this engine yesterday?
Manticore is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:43 AM
  #7829  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


you were running this engine yesterday?
Haha...No No that was the last time.. hey want to see pictures?
KY9fat is offline  
Old 04-21-2002, 07:44 AM
  #7830  
Tech Fanatic
 
KY9fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tai Po
Posts: 776
Default

Cracked Case
Attached Thumbnails HK Talk Version 1.1-cracked-case_1.jpg  
KY9fat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.