HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 03-20-2002, 06:29 AM
  #6736  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

if the FAST/Ellegi 30mm rear tires are cheap and do the work correctly, why brother to play around with the more expensive (double the price) ZACS 32mm ??????
ernestf is offline  
Old 03-20-2002, 07:50 AM
  #6737  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


Zacs are expensive? So Ellegi and Fast 30mm shld fit on your MTX w/o any problems rite? So in your opinion, do u think Zacs can fit the MTX?
Just see if they are offset! If they are then it won't be a problem!!!! Alternatively, find someone at your track who uses ZAC in the V1RR, because they Kyosho conversion will make the wheel fitment same as V1RR!!!! Why you do want to buy 'expensive' tires anyway???
dtm is offline  
Old 03-20-2002, 07:51 AM
  #6738  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by hurhur


Zacs are expensive? So Ellegi and Fast 30mm shld fit on your MTX w/o any problems rite? So in your opinion, do u think Zacs can fit the MTX?
30mm 0mm offset FAST and Ellegi fits fine!
dtm is offline  
Old 03-20-2002, 07:52 AM
  #6739  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Diva


But a lot harder rims
You only use them for 1 day...or 2 days max......don't worry too much about harder rims.....they will just crack instead of bend!!
dtm is offline  
Old 03-20-2002, 09:20 AM
  #6740  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,204
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Just back from MK today. Everybody is talking about the Baracuda from Team Alex now. Some water goods were imported and cleared. Perhaps another good try after TC3.

ernestf: are you talking about the new yokomo "S" series? I got a 9x3 and will test it on Friday night. Will you be interested to gear up you kx-1?
Diva is offline  
Old 03-20-2002, 09:20 PM
  #6741  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

diva, yes, i am using the yokomo S 10x2. i am not sure if i has triple wind version.
i'm still running my old YM34 lately, not the KX1.

i have to check with my boss first to see if i can join u on Fri nite.
ernestf is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 09:44 AM
  #6742  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

"I drive a MTX2-Pro, and I have been upgrading it with Kawahara parts.
Recently I bought the narrowed rear suspension kit, K-740. The kit
comes with dogbones, arms, axles, and hex drives. When installing I
found that the lower arms were the same size as the stock ones. A
friend that has them as well measured his and found the Kawa's to be
1/8th inch smaller. Then, as I got further along, I found that the
dogbones, that are shorter, were too small, and as I rotated the rear
tires the dogbones would slide out of the axles. Solution: put the
stock ones back in... then when I put the new larger hex drives on the
tires were way wider than the 200 mm max width. Solution: use the stock
purple hexdrives back on... it almost appears that the 32 mm wide rear
tires would have fit without all this stuff. Anyone else have problems
like this?"

read this from the starting grid forums, whats your opinion Manti since u own one.
hurhur is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 09:48 AM
  #6743  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
"I drive a MTX2-Pro, and I have been upgrading it with Kawahara parts.
Recently I bought the narrowed rear suspension kit, K-740. The kit
comes with dogbones, arms, axles, and hex drives. When installing I
found that the lower arms were the same size as the stock ones. A
friend that has them as well measured his and found the Kawa's to be
1/8th inch smaller. Then, as I got further along, I found that the
dogbones, that are shorter, were too small, and as I rotated the rear
tires the dogbones would slide out of the axles. Solution: put the
stock ones back in... then when I put the new larger hex drives on the
tires were way wider than the 200 mm max width. Solution: use the stock
purple hexdrives back on... it almost appears that the 32 mm wide rear
tires would have fit without all this stuff. Anyone else have problems
like this?"

read this from the starting grid forums, whats your opinion Manti since u own one.
he could have done something wrong ! the derlin or "machined nylon" arm is shorter then the stock arm. dont have any problem as described above.

did he really got a kawahara kit or it is a GPM kit?
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 09:52 AM
  #6744  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

he said its the Kawa set in the posting.
hurhur is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 07:59 PM
  #6745  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i have the kawa kit on my MTX2 too, but not the full kit. just the derlin rear arms, new outdrive with the longer hex. i use the stock dog bones without any problem. i use 26mm foam in front, and 30mm in back.
i have 199mm track base both front and rear.
ernestf is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:23 PM
  #6746  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

the new outdrive for the Kawa set is longer so that you can fit the Kawa wide hex and leaving enough threads on the outdrive to secure your wheel tightly?
hurhur is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:34 PM
  #6747  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,044
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
the new outdrive for the Kawa set is longer so that you can fit the Kawa wide hex and leaving enough threads on the outdrive to secure your wheel tightly?
of cuz.
ernestf is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:34 PM
  #6748  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by hurhur
the new outdrive for the Kawa set is longer so that you can fit the Kawa wide hex and leaving enough threads on the outdrive to secure your wheel tightly?
Yes
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:35 PM
  #6749  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf


of cuz.
have you prepared a VDS body for tomorrow?
Manticore is offline  
Old 03-21-2002, 11:44 PM
  #6750  
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

wats on for you guys tomorrow? sounds interesting
hurhur is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.