HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 03-11-2002, 09:36 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

i should have used hyspin with my LSD !! Damn
I've built the neg diff with Kyosho gear grease already.....will get some hyspin for it first rebuild!! The thing is heavy!!!!!! 74g!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:38 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva

So, are you going to take it out from the garage?
Mine is not only in the garage.....its also in pieces!!! I've stripped everything down and haven't got round to rebuilding it...that was over a month ago!!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:44 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

I am now convinced that K Factory is a Taiwan branch of GPM...their reciever box is a very good idea......but is very poorly implemented!!!!

Size of box is a little too tight (1 extra mm would have been great!), mounting ears make contact with the servo mount (you have to file it down). The hole for the aerial comes out from the bottom of the box...slightly too long an aerial and it will be rubbing on the ground! (need to drill a new hole), The protector cap for the wires coming out cannot be fitted because it hits the front gearbox!!!

All in all......I have not seen such bad quality since I last bought GPM stuff...... I will be giving K Factory a miss from now on! (except the low CG fuel tank....which no one else has!!)

For those thinking of getting the Trinity car........the above post is a taste of things to come....don't do it......buy the REAL thing (V1R)...not an Imitation!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I am now convinced that K Factory is a Taiwan branch of GPM...their reciever box is a very good idea......but is very poorly implemented!!!!

Size of box is a little too tight (1 extra mm would have been great!), mounting ears make contact with the servo mount (you have to file it down). The hole for the aerial comes out from the bottom of the box...slightly too long an aerial and it will be rubbing on the ground! (need to drill a new hole), The protector cap for the wires coming out cannot be fitted because it hits the front gearbox!!!

All in all......I have not seen such bad quality since I last bought GPM stuff...... I will be giving K Factory a miss from now on! (except the low CG fuel tank....which no one else has!!)

For those thinking of getting the Trinity car........the above post is a taste of things to come....don't do it......buy the REAL thing (V1R)...not an Imitation!!!
Its not imitation, its a soap car !
Old 03-11-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dtm, u need to worry. the big name GP is not for race, it is for fun ! it is a joke by itself.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf
dtm, u need to worry. the big name GP is not for race, it is for fun ! it is a joke by itself.
you are a bit subtle about GPM's name.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:15 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

At this rate I am starting to have a second opinion on GPM!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
At this rate I am starting to have a second opinion on GPM!!!!
GPM, GPM,...Great Piece of Metal?....Thats about how great it can get...a piece of Metal..
Old 03-12-2002, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll try to get last Sat's Video done tonight. keep you guys posted...
Din Din first
Old 03-12-2002, 05:02 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat

GPM, GPM,...Great Piece of Metal?....Thats about how great it can get...a piece of Metal..
I didn't realise you could be so creative!!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 05:08 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I found a great chassis plate for my 1/12....its a real old one from PTI for the Hyperdrive!! Thicker and much stiffer than the original Assoc one!! The graphite is the same as the Corally type....I have been running the same material on my RC12L3...but it was wearing out fast.....now I have a new one....yipeeeeee!!

Don't worry...I'm not swtiching to 1/12 yet...sticking with GP!! Have to let CC have his 'glory' for a little while....Manticore- you should not go 'soft' when you are running GP with CC's 1/12th!!!! hehehehe....................
Old 03-12-2002, 05:10 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

Its not imitation, its a soap car !
AMERICAN soap...to you!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

today i saw the L.Collari .12 5 port engine in MK...
anyone got information about it???
Old 03-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by PeterCheung
today i saw the L.Collari .12 5 port engine in MK...
anyone got information about it???
how much is the listed price? i am interested!
Old 03-12-2002, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I found a great chassis plate for my 1/12....its a real old one from PTI for the Hyperdrive!! Thicker and much stiffer than the original Assoc one!! The graphite is the same as the Corally type....I have been running the same material on my RC12L3...but it was wearing out fast.....now I have a new one....yipeeeeee!!

Don't worry...I'm not swtiching to 1/12 yet...sticking with GP!! Have to let CC have his 'glory' for a little while....Manticore- you should not go 'soft' when you are running GP with CC's 1/12th!!!! hehehehe....................
the stiffer chassis is for carpet racing. you need flex chassis for asphalt!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.