HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 09-21-2001, 07:25 PM
  #571  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

fai- PYC today? ........ I need to know, in case I bump into your identical twin again!!?!! haha
dtm is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:27 PM
  #572  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by fai
Dtm: I copied this from Xray set-up book:

Longer link = more traction and less stability.
Shorter link = less traction and greater stability.

Ah.... maybe I confusing "stability" with "traction"..... ok... I'm still going to buy the bridge when it becomes available!! Thks fai.
dtm is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:27 PM
  #573  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Disaster999
Fai: thanks....but all of a sudden, i like to get tub chassis cars for no reason...think graphite plates arent for me!!

the losi xxx-s is about 900-1000?

its good to ask ppl here...i get opinions!!
no no, it is like 1600+
Manticore is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:28 PM
  #574  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
fai- PYC today? ........ I need to know, in case I bump into your identical twin again!!?!! haha
I want to go to PYC tonight too
Manticore is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:28 PM
  #575  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


no no, it is like 1600+
argh... who told me that its about the same??
disaster999 is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:29 PM
  #576  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Disaster999


argh... who told me that its about the same??
i didnt, i just told you it is 1600+
Manticore is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:30 PM
  #577  
fai
Regional Moderator
Thread Starter
 
fai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 765
Default

Dtm: I've read an article about camber change a lot time ago and may be this can explain:
With a longer link, the camber change is really reduced. This induced that less weight is forced on the tires under tire deformation -> tire will not slide out so easily (more traction). But if you throttle more and the tire will come to a point to slide out "violently" (less stability)...

Please correct me if I'm wrong!! What's your opinion??

fai is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:30 PM
  #578  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This is Kyosho's new Megaforce Monster Truck. It's designed to compete with the Traxxas T-Maxx.

hahaha....look alike!!

disaster999 is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:31 PM
  #579  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
I want to go to PYC tonight too
What time will you be there.... we can have quite a few Xrays running then! (5) If fai joins us we can take turns in boxing in his Pro 3!
dtm is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:31 PM
  #580  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by fai
Dtm: I copied this from Xray set-up book:

Longer link = more traction and less stability.
Shorter link = less traction and greater stability.

Longer link = more traction and less stability= faster cornering
Shorter link = less traction and greater stability.= slower cornering
Manticore is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:32 PM
  #581  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


i didnt, i just told you it is 1600+
not talking about you....talking about someone else!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:32 PM
  #582  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


What time will you be there.... we can have quite a few Xrays running then! (5) If fai joins us we can take turns in boxing in his Pro 3!
sorry i am no terrorist !!!
Manticore is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:33 PM
  #583  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by fai
Dtm: I've read an article about camber change a lot time ago and may be this can explain:
With a longer link, the camber change is really reduced. This induced that less weight is forced on the tires under tire deformation -> tire will not slide out so easily (more traction). But if you throttle more and the tire will come to a point to slide out "violently" (less stability)...

Please correct me if I'm wrong!! What's your opinion??

OK.... after reading it twice.... it starts to make sense!
dtm is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:34 PM
  #584  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


sorry i am no terrorist !!!
haha... not that again!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 09-21-2001, 07:36 PM
  #585  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Fai: besides the front oneway, what else do i need to get for that car?

disaster999 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.