HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 01-22-2002, 09:13 AM
  #4831  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


are you saying that being a "lo chan" you are going to be alone in the cold dark night?
Yeah cuz you couldn't show up in day time
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 09:16 AM
  #4832  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Have you bought your new RR yet?? KY will be interested in who has stock.... he is also looking for one!!
All stocks were sold in HK, I suppose. Having a second thought, I'm not quite sure if there's much difference between r & rr. So I'm now rebuilding a 2nd hand V1 instead.
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 09:18 AM
  #4833  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I'm not sure whether Diva is calling us "lo chan" or describing himself!!
Any difference?
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 09:20 AM
  #4834  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


Why not?
So PYC would be the playground of TLC...


...at the moment

Interesting
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 09:24 AM
  #4835  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I just found that the K-factory lowered CG fuel tank can't fit into the 4mm K-factory 7075 chassis. The clearance at the middle is not big enough. Ridiculous? Yes it is.

One more thing for sale. Anybody interested? Pink in colour though.
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:07 PM
  #4836  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Diva


All stocks were sold in HK, I suppose. Having a second thought, I'm not quite sure if there's much difference between r & rr. So I'm now rebuilding a 2nd hand V1 instead.
You sold your R to buy another secondhand R????? There must be some logic behind that....... but I can't figure it out!!!

The only advantage with the RR is the centax and belts coupled with the price!.... if you have already then its not that different!

Last edited by dtm; 01-22-2002 at 06:11 PM.
dtm is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:09 PM
  #4837  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Diva
I just found that the K-factory lowered CG fuel tank can't fit into the 4mm K-factory 7075 chassis. The clearance at the middle is not big enough. Ridiculous? Yes it is.

One more thing for sale. Anybody interested? Pink in colour though.
When I looked at Mr Dicks chassis, there was a big square recess in the chassis to allow for the low point of the fuel tank to sit! No complaints from him yet!!???!!! Looks like you have some work to do with the dremel!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:20 PM
  #4838  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 513
Default

dtm,manticore: finally broke in my engine.. ran it at a nice high speed track.. hehe... GP is really fun... after seeing those 1/8 run.. my hands are itchy... but i broke one side of the knob of the rear body mount... now only one body pin at the rear...
i heard RR parts are totally outta stock in HK, right?
oh.. what do you guys think about JP engines? any good? is it faster than my 5port?
ME-student is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:21 PM
  #4839  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 513
Default

oh one more thing.... my battery kept dying on me... i am using 2 Sanwa WR.... my friends told me those digital servos eat batteries, is it true?
ME-student is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:49 PM
  #4840  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ME-student
dtm,manticore: finally broke in my engine.. ran it at a nice high speed track.. hehe... GP is really fun... after seeing those 1/8 run.. my hands are itchy... but i broke one side of the knob of the rear body mount... now only one body pin at the rear...
i heard RR parts are totally outta stock in HK, right?
oh.. what do you guys think about JP engines? any good? is it faster than my 5port?
you need to wait for the replacement parts for the RR rear end or you may convert it back to R rear end if parts are available in your area.

I believe 5 ports is faster then JP 3 ports.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:50 PM
  #4841  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ME-student
oh one more thing.... my battery kept dying on me... i am using 2 Sanwa WR.... my friends told me those digital servos eat batteries, is it true?
I dont have battery problem with my V1R as i am running two digital servos there.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 06:56 PM
  #4842  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 513
Default

manticore: i am using 1100mah pack, what amp should i charge it and how many mah will go into the battery on the LCD of the charger..?
ME-student is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 07:01 PM
  #4843  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


When I looked at Mr Dicks chassis, there was a big square recess in the chassis to allow for the low point of the fuel tank to sit! No complaints from him yet!!???!!! Looks like you have some work to do with the dremel!!!
Really strange. My chassis doesn't has that kind of big square recess as that of Mr Dick. Perhaps it's an old version. And I found that the receiver house could not be mounted properly once the fuel tank was installed.
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 07:12 PM
  #4844  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


You sold your R to buy another secondhand R????? There must be some logic behind that....... but I can't figure it out!!!

The only advantage with the RR is the centax and belts coupled with the price!.... if you have already then its not that different!
I used my friend's spare parts to rebuild my 2nd V1. He has sooo many spare parts including shocks. I just put up my 4mm chassis, one-ways, rear axle, centax, fuel tank, etc. But it's a bit embarrased to say that I'm the owner.

Yes, those advantages of RR are not quite justified for me to get a new one since I have those must-have parts in my warehouse already. Right?
Diva is offline  
Old 01-22-2002, 07:26 PM
  #4845  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ME-student
manticore: i am using 1100mah pack, what amp should i charge it and how many mah will go into the battery on the LCD of the charger..?
I use 700mah AAA cells. it gives me over 20 runs at least. I recharge it after 20 runs just for shake of safty.

If I charge them at home, I use 0.8A and I charge it at 1A at track.

what charger you use?
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.