HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 01-15-2002, 07:18 AM
  #4486  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
Check this out

Next Racing Developement
Hmm..... more toys to spend money on..... I wonder when they will start appearing in HKG??!!!! They look to be hand finished so price will be well into M Speed territory I expect!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:22 AM
  #4487  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Hmm..... more toys to spend money on..... I wonder when they will start appearing in HKG??!!!! They look to be hand finished so price will be well into M Speed territory I expect!!
I never believe in this kind of mod and the only engine that give you consistant and gallons of run is standard engines. mod engines usually have low life span, fuel hungry and expensive.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:31 AM
  #4488  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore

I never believe in this kind of mod and the only engine that give you consistant and gallons of run is standard engines. mod engines usually have low life span, fuel hungry and expensive.
True... but it is always fun to find out exactly how much you can squeeze out of the thing before it blows up on you!!!

The cyclinder looks really strange, the lites are far too small to be based on the NR cylinder! I saw a reference to Top CT12, but this is a side exhaust but they could be using the Top engine as a base instead!!!

Actually because the thing is obviously hand finished it would not be too difficult to spend a night creating a master piece of your own!!! I have learn a few good and bad things about changing the lites on these engines... it has been quite a 'costly' lesson at times!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:35 AM
  #4489  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


I never believe in this kind of mod and the only engine that give you consistant and gallons of run is standard engines. mod engines usually have low life span, fuel hungry and expensive.
So why have you ordered a second modified RB 5 port!!!!!?????
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:36 AM
  #4490  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


True... but it is always fun to find out exactly how much you can squeeze out of the thing before it blows up on you!!!

The cyclinder looks really strange, the lites are far too small to be based on the NR cylinder! I saw a reference to Top CT12, but this is a side exhaust but they could be using the Top engine as a base instead!!!

Actually because the thing is obviously hand finished it would not be too difficult to spend a night creating a master piece of your own!!! I have learn a few good and bad things about changing the lites on these engines... it has been quite a 'costly' lesson at times!!!
but i am going to polish one of my engine crankshaft to see the effect. I used to do this to my 3.5cc engines years ago.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:37 AM
  #4491  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


So why have you ordered a second modified RB 5 port!!!!!?????
because RB supplies the market with too little stock while the market has great demand on it and should reserve one before stock arrive.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:39 AM
  #4492  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore

but i am going to polish one of my engine crankshaft to see the effect. I used to do this to my 3.5cc engines years ago.
First thing I normally do is to open the square inlet hole on the crank under the carb. I have found this has good effect on the pick up!! The original design creates a lot of turbulence.
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:40 AM
  #4493  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


because RB supplies the market with too little stock while the market has great demand on it and should reserve one before stock arrive.
Are you trying to corner the market on RB engines???!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:43 AM
  #4494  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Are you trying to corner the market on RB engines???!!!
why should i do this stupid thing? I have a waigo sticker already !





Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:48 AM
  #4495  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


why should i do this stupid thing? I have a waigo sticker already !





So Waigo sticker on RB engine is the winning combination!!!!! It must be difficult getting the sticker NOT to melt!!!!

Mrs Chan must be very proud of you doing all this advertising for her!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
  #4496  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


So Waigo sticker on RB engine is the winning combination!!!!! It must be difficult getting the sticker NOT to melt!!!!

Mrs Chan must be very proud of you doing all this advertising for her!!!!
*BOW*BOW*BOW*
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
  #4497  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

I installed the kawa straight shaft tonite. Found that the diameter of the shaft where the bearing sits was too large.... had to do a lot of work to get it to fit....... very disappointed with kawa I expect this from GPM!!!!! Maybe I should have bought that instead.... at least I would not have been surprised!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:54 AM
  #4498  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
I installed the kawa straight shaft tonite. Found that the diameter of the shaft where the bearing sits was too large.... had to do a lot of work to get it to fit....... very disappointed with kawa I expect this from GPM!!!!! Maybe I should have bought that instead.... at least I would not have been surprised!!!
mind works great ! everything fit perfect. which car you put this thing on?
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 07:58 AM
  #4499  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


mind works great ! everything fit perfect. which car you put this thing on?
RR.... the shaft was so tight that you could not even hit the bearing in.... I had to resort to wet n dry paper!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 01-15-2002, 08:03 AM
  #4500  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

I also found the normal gear diff for the RR is 56g, the straight shaft is 37g!! Should help with the spin up time!
dtm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.