HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 01-15-2002, 07:18 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
Check this out

Next Racing Developement
Hmm..... more toys to spend money on..... I wonder when they will start appearing in HKG??!!!! They look to be hand finished so price will be well into M Speed territory I expect!!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Hmm..... more toys to spend money on..... I wonder when they will start appearing in HKG??!!!! They look to be hand finished so price will be well into M Speed territory I expect!!
I never believe in this kind of mod and the only engine that give you consistant and gallons of run is standard engines. mod engines usually have low life span, fuel hungry and expensive.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:31 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I never believe in this kind of mod and the only engine that give you consistant and gallons of run is standard engines. mod engines usually have low life span, fuel hungry and expensive.
True... but it is always fun to find out exactly how much you can squeeze out of the thing before it blows up on you!!!

The cyclinder looks really strange, the lites are far too small to be based on the NR cylinder! I saw a reference to Top CT12, but this is a side exhaust but they could be using the Top engine as a base instead!!!

Actually because the thing is obviously hand finished it would not be too difficult to spend a night creating a master piece of your own!!! I have learn a few good and bad things about changing the lites on these engines... it has been quite a 'costly' lesson at times!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:35 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

So why have you ordered a second modified RB 5 port!!!!!?????
Old 01-15-2002, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

True... but it is always fun to find out exactly how much you can squeeze out of the thing before it blows up on you!!!

The cyclinder looks really strange, the lites are far too small to be based on the NR cylinder! I saw a reference to Top CT12, but this is a side exhaust but they could be using the Top engine as a base instead!!!

Actually because the thing is obviously hand finished it would not be too difficult to spend a night creating a master piece of your own!!! I have learn a few good and bad things about changing the lites on these engines... it has been quite a 'costly' lesson at times!!!
but i am going to polish one of my engine crankshaft to see the effect. I used to do this to my 3.5cc engines years ago.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

So why have you ordered a second modified RB 5 port!!!!!?????
because RB supplies the market with too little stock while the market has great demand on it and should reserve one before stock arrive.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

but i am going to polish one of my engine crankshaft to see the effect. I used to do this to my 3.5cc engines years ago.
First thing I normally do is to open the square inlet hole on the crank under the carb. I have found this has good effect on the pick up!! The original design creates a lot of turbulence.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:40 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

because RB supplies the market with too little stock while the market has great demand on it and should reserve one before stock arrive.
Are you trying to corner the market on RB engines???!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Are you trying to corner the market on RB engines???!!!
why should i do this stupid thing? I have a waigo sticker already !

Old 01-15-2002, 07:48 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

why should i do this stupid thing? I have a waigo sticker already !

So Waigo sticker on RB engine is the winning combination!!!!! It must be difficult getting the sticker NOT to melt!!!!

Mrs Chan must be very proud of you doing all this advertising for her!!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

So Waigo sticker on RB engine is the winning combination!!!!! It must be difficult getting the sticker NOT to melt!!!!

Mrs Chan must be very proud of you doing all this advertising for her!!!!
*BOW*BOW*BOW*
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I installed the kawa straight shaft tonite. Found that the diameter of the shaft where the bearing sits was too large.... had to do a lot of work to get it to fit....... very disappointed with kawa I expect this from GPM!!!!! Maybe I should have bought that instead.... at least I would not have been surprised!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I installed the kawa straight shaft tonite. Found that the diameter of the shaft where the bearing sits was too large.... had to do a lot of work to get it to fit....... very disappointed with kawa I expect this from GPM!!!!! Maybe I should have bought that instead.... at least I would not have been surprised!!!
mind works great ! everything fit perfect. which car you put this thing on?
Old 01-15-2002, 07:58 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

mind works great ! everything fit perfect. which car you put this thing on?
RR.... the shaft was so tight that you could not even hit the bearing in.... I had to resort to wet n dry paper!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:03 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I also found the normal gear diff for the RR is 56g, the straight shaft is 37g!! Should help with the spin up time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.