HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 12-17-2001, 06:58 AM
  #3061  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Manticore: New Xray options have arrived. Front and rear brass weights and spring steel wheel hex hubs. The new hex hubs are really nice, they are almost as light as the standard ones, extremely nicely machined and pretty damn expensive!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:18 AM
  #3062  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Manticore: New Xray options have arrived. Front and rear brass weights and spring steel wheel hex hubs. The new hex hubs are really nice, they are almost as light as the standard ones, extremely nicely machined and pretty damn expensive!
I dont need the brass weight !! just wonder why you need to pay to make your car heavy !

I have no problem with the stock alloy wheel hub so far. How expensive you are talking about?
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:20 AM
  #3063  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


I dont need the brass weight !! just wonder why you need to pay to make your car heavy !

I have no problem with the stock alloy wheel hub so far. How expensive you are talking about?
List price $212 a pair!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:21 AM
  #3064  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

They certainly fit into ernestf description of "masterpiece"!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:23 AM
  #3065  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,617
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

yaya...saw them yesterday....the hex hub was like 220!! and other parts was somewhere around that range!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:24 AM
  #3066  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


List price $212 a pair!
what else other then new hub and brass weight??
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:25 AM
  #3067  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
They certainly fit into ernestf description of "masterpiece"!!!
I think you only need that in the front !
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:26 AM
  #3068  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


what else other then new hub and brass weight??
Nothing else new!!! No single belt conversion!!! hehe....
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:27 AM
  #3069  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

My brain is in neutral..... new front alloy spring holder (to use longer springs) and new kelvar belts also available!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:29 AM
  #3070  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
My brain is in neutral..... new front alloy spring holder (to use longer springs) and new kelvar belts also available!
I think the belt is the only thing we need for much smoother drive tran !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:29 AM
  #3071  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


I think you only need that in the front !
Yes my rear ones are still in perfect condition..... but I bought it anyway... too nice! Apparently they have a "lifetime" guarantee..... I didn't ask whether that was for the lifetime of the car or what!?!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:30 AM
  #3072  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Yes my rear ones are still in perfect condition..... but I bought it anyway... too nice! Apparently they have a "lifetime" guarantee..... I didn't ask whether that was for the lifetime of the car or what!?!
I dont think the dealer here worry much about the so called "life time" guarantee. It wont apply in Hong Kong anyway !
Manticore is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:30 AM
  #3073  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


I think the belt is the only thing we need for much smoother drive tran !!
That was one thing I didn't get... too many spare belts already!
dtm is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 07:55 AM
  #3074  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

dtm, i cannot find any information about the new wheel hex from the XRay web site ????
ernestf is offline  
Old 12-17-2001, 08:05 AM
  #3075  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by ernestf
dtm, i cannot find any information about the new wheel hex from the XRay web site ????
Here is the one !
Attached Thumbnails HK Talk Version 1.1-hex-adaptor.jpg  
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.