Tech Adept

999: Masami didn't come.

dtm: I was in C-main. Finish at 6th or 7th. Didn't really check the position
Old 12-16-2001, 08:10 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mars
dtm: I was in C-main. Finish at 6th or 7th. Didn't really check the position
congratulations! Not bad with so much competition!
Old 12-16-2001, 08:17 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ah10

Manticore told me Mid oneway will and can improve off steering! I might be wrong! But anyway it is a good think to have that's why I asked you to get one for me!
I can only go by my EP experience here! In theory if you let go of the throttle with no mid one-way you have the friction of all 3 belts 'braking' the rear wheel, this may loosen your rear end more.

If you have mid one-way, the friction of only 2 belts will be 'dragging' the rear wheel. This means more stable rear end and carry more speed around corners.

With EP, running only front one-way can result in the rear end breaking loose when you let go of the throttle, It is slightly different for GP because you do not really get motor braking from your engine! Confused...... I think I am now!
Old 12-16-2001, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mars, thx for the updates.
so tamiya ruled the race on sunday
it is time for me to build my tamiya kits then .....
Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm
Manticore- GP was real fun yesterday! I'd forgotten how crazy these things accelerate... wiped out a rear hub before I finished my first tank! Its a good thing I went to PYC and not EGR to test the car..... otherwise I would have been picking up the pieces today!! Thanks for the advice on the centre one-way..... my MTX was running like an EP!!
It was my first time running MTX. Not until then did I realise that its handling is soooo good. I was running 4WD with slick tyres. The cornering was terrific. Now I know why many ppl own both V1 and MTX. They are totally different in handling characteristics.

Ah, one more thing to mention. The JPL pipe (from Taiwan) is very good.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any body knows how big (in uf) should I put on the capacitor for 8T or lower motor? My steering servo glitched on throttle.
Old 12-16-2001, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

dtm: my target was b-main. couldn't make it. really difficult to find right setup and tire/insert mix for such bumpy and dusty condition.

ernestf: you should have done that long time ago
Old 12-16-2001, 09:13 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva

It was my first time running MTX. Not until then did I realise that its handling is soooo good. I was running 4WD with slick tyres. The cornering was terrific. Now I know why many ppl own both V1 and MTX. They are totally different in handling characteristics.

Ah, one more thing to mention. The JPL pipe (from Taiwan) is very good.
Welcome to the club!!
Old 12-16-2001, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

Did Hara visit Hk's local track EGR?
Old 12-17-2001, 03:19 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Diva
Any body knows how big (in uf) should I put on the capacitor for 8T or lower motor? My steering servo glitched on throttle.
Dear Diva, I tried something like 1600uf to the receiver and it doesn't help too much... Finally I replaced my FET servo to a non-FET one and it seems to be better!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:21 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Mars
dtm: my target was b-main. couldn't make it. really difficult to find right setup and tire/insert mix for such bumpy and dusty condition.

ernestf: you should have done that long time ago
Mars: If you were not blocked at the final qualify, I think you should have no problem gotting into B-main... Don't be too unhappy lar!!!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fai

Mars: If you were not blocked at the final qualify, I think you should have no problem gotting into B-main... Don't be too unhappy lar!!!
Fai: I am not unhappy, it's just regretable to miss a chance of doing better in such big race. I'll keep trying next year!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:46 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Friends: Wow, just had a fun day yesterday... at the HK big race!!! Spent a whole day going around the pits and used my camera "snap snap" all those pro-racers and pro-cars!!

For me, I think the most innovative pics. are the 'side battery' pro3!! Yes, the battery is placed on one side and all electronics on the other side! It was tested by Hara on the first day but was put away finally...

Champion Surikarn really dominated the race with his 414M... He's the fastest around the corners... But still really don't know what tire insert was he using???

Hara's pro3 is a little bit 'freezed' when entering corners... He said that this time he was sponsored by HPI, so only the upper deck is from HB, all other parts are from HPI!!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:48 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Mars: yeah right!
Old 12-17-2001, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fai, did Hara mean that HB optional parts for Pro3 is way better than those from HPI ?? haha
Do u have any photo that can be shared with us ???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.