Wiki Posts
Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 07:48 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Disaster999

heyhey...what happen to all the EP action now?
everyone is playing GP...hahaha.....engine wont over heat in this weather??
Currently EP AND GP!!!
Old 12-14-2001, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rcethilon
Is there a big race in Hk this weekend?
Yes, HK International Grand Prix.

Fai: It's just free practice today. Qualify starts on Sat.

dtm: thanks! Its not so cold today at the track. Surely I won't catch a cold
Old 12-14-2001, 07:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mars

dtm: thanks! Its not so cold today at the track. Surely I won't catch a cold
You might not catch a cold but your Yokomo might!!
Old 12-14-2001, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Is this what you are looking for? You also have to install the rear gearbox cover and the new 'W' shaped rear damper plate!

That was a close call..... I almost bought the Kawa carbon damper plate... it would not have fitted. I think I'd better build the car first before anymore options!
yes this is the diagram i want ! thanks !!
Old 12-14-2001, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ME-student
manticore: i just build the Negative Diff... i didnt put any oil in it yet... but is it suppose to be tight because of the two soft red plastic ring? oh and what weight oil should i put in there?
Wait a minute! the diff suppose to be loose because you want diff action when the car is slow, once you carry enough speed or the shaft has enough concentric force then the clutch will engage so it would be like a solid axle and it will rocket the car out in a straight line. So you might want to use something else instead of diff oil like those high temperture lube for or lube for diff gears so it would wear out the bevel gears! I am currently using Hyspin Lube in my diff case it works good, consistant and smooth!

For some reason I was using diff oil (tried different weight,5k, 10k, 50k and 100k) but after like 20 tanks of fuel the diff become tighter and everytime when I open it up it seems like the diff oil is mixed with some metal power so it thicken the oil and I found wears on the bevel gears. (did the mod to make sure it is seal too, so it is not dirt that going into the diff case)
But after I switch to the Hyspin Lube, problem solved diff action is still so smooth after 15 tanks of fuel. If I were you I would use those lube instead of diff oil.

Last edited by Ah10; 12-14-2001 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2001, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mars, good luck on your race !!
Old 12-15-2001, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default update on HK race

hi guys. i have three Filipino friends racing in HK this weekend. could someone post how they did (group & grid position). their names are: 1) Michael Ang, 2) Joseph Salcedo, 3) Jake de Dios
thanks.
Old 12-15-2001, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

dtm: Can you tell me how heavy is the V One RR kit (the box with body and tires)??Will it over 2kg??
Old 12-15-2001, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

manticore: when you build the Negative Diff, did you put those red soft plastic rings in b4 the thin metal shim? i didnt put any oil in my yet, but its not spining freely when i turn the out drive cup, did i build it right?
Old 12-15-2001, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

manticore: when you build the Negative Diff, did you put those red soft plastic rings in b4 the thin metal shim? i didnt put any oil in my yet, but its not spining freely when i turn the out drive cup, did i build it right?
I am not sure about the V1R version but with my MTX2 version, I dont use the nylon washers that come with the kit. I use the original steel washers for the small bevel gears.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

manticore: my manual show to put the the red ring and then the metal shim and then the pin.. yours is the same?
Old 12-15-2001, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

manticore: my manual show to put the the red ring and then the metal shim and then the pin.. yours is the same?
i dont have that paper with me !! I trashed it long time ago

by the way, that soft o-ring doesnt do any thing to lock your diff up !! it is just the thick nylon washers pack the bevel gears much closer to each other and that makes the diff tight
Old 12-15-2001, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

manticore: yup... thats what i meant... i got it right then... what weight oil do you put on yours?
Old 12-15-2001, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

manticore: yup... thats what i meant... i got it right then... what weight oil do you put on yours?
To answer your question on behalf of Manticore:

We both use Racer's Choice Hyspin Lube #7016 as diff oil. We both didnt use Silicon base diff oil instead we use the above mentioned lube.

I have used the Hyspin Lube in the negative for appoximately 20 tanks of fuel from the day I got it and the diff action is exactly the same as day one and that tells me the lube is doing it's job, no gear grinding and no metal powder cost by gear grinding mixed with diff lube(in fact I opened it up like a week ago and the lube are still white, didnt change to gray, when I was using silicon base diff oil, after 10 tanks or so the diff oil became gray and thick, it was mixed with the metal powder which cost by those bevel gear grinding, meanning the silicon base oil did not do it's job.) So far I am very happy with the lube.

Just one advise, if you are going to use those Hyspin Lube and when you set it up just put enough lube on those bevel gear not to overfill it like regular silicon base diff oil, then work the lube on the bevel gears then after the first run open it up again and add some more lube because by then the lube will most likely cover each bevel gear pretty good and will probably running kind of low! I mean at least that's what I did and it works good!

Hope this will help you building a perfect working Negative Diff!
Old 12-15-2001, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Ah10: tks

me: you can get the hyspin+ from Jet hobby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.