HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 11-27-2001, 08:08 AM
  #2446  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


make sure it has the correct length or you will either break the CVD or outdrive under an impact !
I've checked all the dimensions and the only difference is that the Xray slot is cut deeper into the cup (the total cup length is the same). This should make no difference since I will be running o-rings in the bottom of the cup anyway!

Even the slot width is the same!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:17 AM
  #2447  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,184
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


Ah well too bad.... we'll let Diva make the final call as to whether he buys or not!!!
But the shop keeper told me that they're Mugen. I didn't take it out since I don't have intention to buy it. It doesn't rank high in my "wish list", not to mention "want list" or "need list".
Diva is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:29 AM
  #2448  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Diva

But the shop keeper told me that they're Mugen. I didn't take it out since I don't have intention to buy it. It doesn't rank high in my "wish list", not to mention "want list" or "need list".
"want" and "NEED" list??!!

Theres one thing that everyone running a centax has forgotten to tell you (probably because they have already spent the money!)

The Mugen centax is sigificantly heavier than the original unit. What happens when you are throwing around a heavier weight??? I'll let you fill in the rest!!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:48 AM
  #2449  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,184
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


"want" and "NEED" list??!!

Theres one thing that everyone running a centax has forgotten to tell you (probably because they have already spent the money!)

The Mugen centax is sigificantly heavier than the original unit. What happens when you are throwing around a heavier weight??? I'll let you fill in the rest!!!!!
I got the Kyosho centax unit already. That's why the Mugen centax is not on any of my lists. Why should I bother to know how to fix the problem?
Diva is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:53 AM
  #2450  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Diva


I got the Kyosho centax unit already. That's why the Mugen centax is not on any of my lists. Why should I bother to know how to fix the problem?
you've got the kyosho centax?? the new one?? make sure you have the one which is designed for V1R especially but not the one for fantom !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 09:01 AM
  #2451  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default



Diva: you have this one? or the fantom one?????????
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 09:13 AM
  #2452  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,184
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


you've got the kyosho centax?? the new one?? make sure you have the one which is designed for V1R especially but not the one for fantom !!
I bought it from Ah Leung with the label of kyosho. I suppose that was for V1R. BTW, I don't have any complaint about the unit so far. Well, it's definitely necessity for stock V1 if it considers itself racing car. The punch of the car out of the corner just scare me, you know.
Diva is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 09:14 AM
  #2453  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,184
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


Diva: you have this one? or the fantom one?????????
Oh, mine is not like that. It's the new version? What's the difference besides the blue anodized.
Diva is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 09:20 AM
  #2454  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Diva

Oh, mine is not like that. It's the new version? What's the difference besides the blue anodized.
oh, the one you've got is for fantom. the one shown below is designed for V1R and it is supposed to work best with V1R! dont worry, your centax still work !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 11:32 AM
  #2455  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 279
Default

Kingcrab: The last time when I was in Hong Kong, I noted that the Trinity or Orion lathe with diamond cutter costs around HKD 1500-1600.
Do you have any interesting news to share with us when you were in Japan last month?
MIKA is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 06:43 PM
  #2456  
Tech Adept
 
Mars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 236
Default

MIKA, big race next month in HK, will you be in HK?
Mars is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 07:55 PM
  #2457  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Diva


I got the Kyosho centax unit already. That's why the Mugen centax is not on any of my lists.

Why should I bother to know how to fix the problem?
Knowledge, my boy..... knowledge........ its all part of the learning, understanding and improving cycle!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 07:57 PM
  #2458  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore

oh, the one you've got is for fantom. the one shown below is designed for V1R and it is supposed to work best with V1R! dont worry, your centax still work !!
That was a little bit of a 'loaded' question!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:29 PM
  #2459  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

diva, so you will go for a new YM34 Type T or something else with your "gain" ?
ernestf is offline  
Old 11-27-2001, 08:32 PM
  #2460  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 119
Default

MIKA : Thanks. I saw Masaaki use laptop computer to control the charger. but HARA use portable charger to peak the cells right before start.
Kingcrab is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.