HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 11-10-2001, 04:54 AM
  #1876  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I'm still using the Corally can, I don't think it is as bad as people make it out to be!

As for armature I still like the 11x2 gold for PYC at the moment. I tried out a 11x3 silver last night it was also quite good. A very even torque curve across the RPM range. The 11x2 is softer low end torque and crazy mid to high end. I still have a 10x2 silver, 10x3 gold, 9x2 silver and 8x2 silver I need to try out!
why do you need that many armature?
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 04:55 AM
  #1877  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


You like your Ti screws don't you?! I think the YM34 looks better... even more so if you polish the purple off!
do you know you can remove the ugly anodized color with soaking the alloy in warm water and clothes cleansing agent?
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 04:58 AM
  #1878  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
why do you need that many armature?
You never know..... they will come in handy some day!!! I have 3 11x2 gold armatures!!! When these things are out of stock you have to wait a LONG time for Jet to get some more in!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 04:59 AM
  #1879  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
do you know you can remove the ugly anodized color with soaking the alloy in warm water and clothes cleansing agent?
I didn't know that... is there any particular brand of cleansing agent that works best? I have a GPM SV10 rear belt tensioner I want to 'de-blue'!!!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:01 AM
  #1880  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Manticore- are we going to see a 'silver' YM34 type T soon?!! that would be nice!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:02 AM
  #1881  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I didn't know that... is there any particular brand of cleansing agent that works best? I have a GPM SV10 rear belt tensioner I want to 'de-blue'!!!!
Simple ! trash it into the bin !!

finally I get rid of my GPM engine mount from my V1R. no more GPM SH!T.
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:03 AM
  #1882  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm
Manticore- are we going to see a 'silver' YM34 type T soon?!! that would be nice!
the agent only decolors it into another dull color. i think FAB works best !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:04 AM
  #1883  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


Simple ! trash it into the bin !!

finally I get rid of my GPM engine mount from my V1R. no more GPM SH!T.
But this is the one and ONLY thing that GPM has made which is actually GOOD!!! Mind you I had to throw away the derlin bushing that came with it and use washer to get the correct spacing, but I would have expected nothing less from GPM!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:05 AM
  #1884  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


the agent only decolors it into another dull color. i think FAB works best !!
I'll have to try the TWO month soak test then!!
dtm is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:08 AM
  #1885  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


But this is the one and ONLY thing that GPM has made which is actually GOOD!!! Mind you I had to throw away the derlin bushing that came with it and use washer to get the correct spacing, but I would have expected nothing less from GPM!!
there always and some "only thing" GPM has made. actually they made a lot of rubbish that we look for from our spare part box once in a while.
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:08 AM
  #1886  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,620
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I'll have to try the TWO month soak test then!!
does soaking them in thinner work? hehe!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:09 AM
  #1887  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by dtm


I'll have to try the TWO month soak test then!!
You dont need to have a two month soak !!
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:09 AM
  #1888  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,620
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


there always and some "only thing" GPM has made. actually they made a lot of rubbish that we look for from our spare part box once in a while.
well...those 6mmm shock tower for mr4tc works very good..i could hardly break them!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:10 AM
  #1889  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Disaster999


does soaking them in thinner work? hehe!
dont think so !!!
Manticore is offline  
Old 11-10-2001, 05:11 AM
  #1890  
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Default

Originally posted by Manticore


there always and some "only thing" GPM has made. actually they made a lot of rubbish that we look for from our spare part box once in a while.
Their painted long body clips are also ok too. The paint is thick enough to have a snug fit in the body post holes!!!
dtm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.