Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:36 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by disaster999
dirty buggy
Thats not dirty.......THIS is what you call DIRTY!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails HK Talk Version 1.1-imga0112.jpg  
Old 05-11-2004, 04:37 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Thats not dirty.......THIS is what you call DIRTY!!!!!!
Check out that rear wing........once upon a time....it was white!!!
Attached Thumbnails HK Talk Version 1.1-imga0114.jpg  
Old 05-11-2004, 04:38 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Check out that rear wing........it is used to carry even more DIRT!!!
I don't know why I bother spraying my shells anything more than a single colour!!!!
Attached Thumbnails HK Talk Version 1.1-imga0104.jpg  
Old 05-11-2004, 04:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva
Still waiting for the race report of this Nanda......from teamorionhk, if any
He is MBX5 man.............
Old 05-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Still waiting for the race report of this Nanda......from teamorionhk, if any
I can give you his report...
"The car handles like a dream, it HUG every corners and JUMPS like a train, i.e. 4 wheels planted in the mud. I don't understand why other people can't set their cars because they fly everywhere and over jumps. Instruction manuals like a dream because even I can build a Buggy out of it. And original settings kick ass as long as I drive like a 80 year old women. I've lap every one on the track by standing still and the car is dam durable. Those idiots keep jumping six feet in the air and landing. The tyres also will last at least 10 years if you don't run them...etc..etc.."
Old 05-11-2004, 06:44 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat
I can give you his report...
"The car handles like a dream, it HUG every corners and JUMPS like a train, i.e. 4 wheels planted in the mud. I don't understand why other people can't set their cars because they fly everywhere and over jumps. Instruction manuals like a dream because even I can build a Buggy out of it. And original settings kick ass as long as I drive like a 80 year old women. I've lap every one on the track by standing still and the car is dam durable. Those idiots keep jumping six feet in the air and landing. The tyres also will last at least 10 years if you don't run them...etc..etc.."
You forgot the bit about....I also put a .12 engine on the car and I can run a 45 minute main with only one refill......can save on the fuel cost also!!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm
You forgot the bit about....I also put a .12 engine on the car and I can run a 45 minute main with only one refill......can save on the fuel cost also!!!!
hahahahaha that must be Manticore.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Wanchai RC Track

There is a small RC track in Wanchai at a public park. The track is very greasy and appears to have little traction but since it is just a 5 minute walk from my office it would afford me some much needed practice time. My question is can anyone recommend a set up for this track? I have an Xray T1R and would assume a relatively soft set up would help. What about tires? Can I get any grip with rubber or do I need to run foam? What shore?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Power Supplies

Who has good deals on power supplies in Hong Kong. I am after a 240v ac input and 12v dc out put with 45amps. I need it to run 2 chargers a dyno and tyre and motor lathe. Not all at once but the more the better.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Wanchai RC Track

Originally posted by Lano
There is a small RC track in Wanchai at a public park. The track is very greasy and appears to have little traction but since it is just a 5 minute walk from my office it would afford me some much needed practice time. My question is can anyone recommend a set up for this track? I have an Xray T1R and would assume a relatively soft set up would help. What about tires? Can I get any grip with rubber or do I need to run foam? What shore?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Why practise there? It won't help to improve your skill.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Power Supplies

Originally posted by Yokomo Aust
Who has good deals on power supplies in Hong Kong. I am after a 240v ac input and 12v dc out put with 45amps. I need it to run 2 chargers a dyno and tyre and motor lathe. Not all at once but the more the better.
45 amps . The shipping will take 30% of your cost. Is it worth to get here? And ppl who own this big paper weigh won't let it go.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Wanchai RC Track

Why practise there? It won't help to improve your skill.
As a former dirt track racer (real cars, not r/c) I found that driving on poor traction surfaces improved both throttle and car control. You may be right and this track is undriveable but I'll give it a try anyway. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Wanchai RC Track

As a former dirt track racer (real cars, not r/c) I found that driving on poor traction surfaces improved both throttle and car control. You may be right and this track is undriveable but I'll give it a try anyway. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks.
Good luck
Old 05-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Wanchai RC Track

Thanks.
Why not venture out further to the Real dirt track..joint us in TSW FSY
Old 05-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Wanchai RC Track

Originally posted by KY9fat
Why not venture out further to the Real dirt track..joint us in TSW FSY
Thanks, I plan to. Seems that since my company relocated me to HK I've been doing nothing but working.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.