HK Talk Version 1.1

Old 01-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  #15706  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
the molding will cost them less for mass production.
I know, I'm just saying the sheet they use is absolute crap...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-12-2004, 11:18 PM
  #15707  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
futureal is doing upgrading job?
That would be my guess...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-12-2004, 11:28 PM
  #15708  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I know, I'm just saying the sheet they use is absolute crap...
hmm, i doubt that but not the worst yet !
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-12-2004, 11:29 PM
  #15709  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

where may we check out some pictures of your race last weekend?
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  #15710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
ernestf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,045
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by disaster999
i went to the track onday and not knowing they were having oval practice cuz they have a big race tomolo...so my friends decided to go do some laps....might as well..since we went a long way to the track!

haha..it was so easy! just hold the trottle and turn left! theres totally nothing to oval racing! i dunno why those cars are like..10 times more expensive and people are so serious about it! hheeh...

anyways..my friend was tried of running left..so we went on the track and turned right!! haha..then those stupid idiots were like..YOUR FU*KING UP THE GROOVE!!
so funny!
totally agreed ...
what's "radio control" for oval racing ? the skill will be so unique and your hands will only need to function on one side ... ... i'd rathter say home and read books if my home track is oval shape ... ...
ernestf is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:24 AM
  #15711  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
hmm, i doubt that but not the worst yet !
It's actually really bad stuff... They propably pay about a buck for a sheet of the junk. No diagional strength whatsoever..
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:25 AM
  #15712  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
where may we check out some pictures of your race last weekend?
I dont know that pics are up, but results are at stocktonrcraceway.com
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:27 AM
  #15713  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
It's actually really bad stuff... They propably pay about a buck for a sheet of the junk. No diagional strength whatsoever..
my last woven graphite yoke was YR4M2 sp (except the yoke mini). long time ago. the graphite was not that bad. but i know the SSG is really shit and just a gimmic thing.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:33 AM
  #15714  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
I dont know that pics are up, but results are at stocktonrcraceway.com
i will check that out later. tks
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 12:52 AM
  #15715  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
my last woven graphite yoke was YR4M2 sp (except the yoke mini). long time ago. the graphite was not that bad. but i know the SSG is really shit and just a gimmic thing.
They are getting their graphite from a new place now, and they only do front-back side-side weaves, nothing diagonal which is why the car has a lot of flex.
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 01:05 AM
  #15716  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
They are getting their graphite from a new place now, and they only do front-back side-side weaves, nothing diagonal which is why the car has a lot of flex.
flex is good for belt car but bad for shaft car.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 01:08 AM
  #15717  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,716
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by Manticore
flex is good for belt car but bad for shaft car.
Good to an extent, I usually like the car to be stiff no matter which it is...
Randy Caster is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 01:29 AM
  #15718  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by Randman
Good to an extent, I usually like the car to be stiff no matter which it is...
agree that you need a stiffer chassis especially for carpet.
Manticore is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 07:16 AM
  #15719  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,675
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

if your saying that the yok graphite is shit..then i have no idea what you call american graphite then? shit of the shit?

my friend tested the SSG out on the 12th scale and its about twice as stiff as the AE graphite!
disaster999 is offline  
Old 01-13-2004, 08:26 AM
  #15720  
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Originally posted by disaster999
if your saying that the yok graphite is shit..then i have no idea what you call american graphite then? shit of the shit?

my friend tested the SSG out on the 12th scale and its about twice as stiff as the AE graphite!
different people has different standard on quality. I, myself, dont think ass o graphite is any good !!
Manticore is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.