Prices in HK

Old 05-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Jack:

Ya ya, i think i asking around everywhere these few days abt the 2 cars. hope u understand i am not that rich...so must consider a lot before buying.

Maybe as u say, there isn't much difference between them. it is a matter of setting up the car to push it to the limit. a gd car with a poor setup and poor sdriver will trash its name rite...

I take note of that. more or less i have decided what to buy. maybe next year Tamiya series, will drive the new car cos working then.

i happy everyone is replying abt my enquires. Cheers everyone.
Old 05-23-2002, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

no problem.....
drive your frens 04R and drive your TB..
see the diff????
Old 05-23-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IceBerG71
Jack:

Ya ya, i think i asking around everywhere these few days abt the 2 cars. hope u understand i am not that rich...so must consider a lot before buying.

Maybe as u say, there isn't much difference between them. it is a matter of setting up the car to push it to the limit. a gd car with a poor setup and poor sdriver will trash its name rite...

I take note of that. more or less i have decided what to buy. maybe next year Tamiya series, will drive the new car cos working then.

i happy everyone is replying abt my enquires. Cheers everyone.
The best way to help you make up a decision is to "SEE" it yourself and feel the car at the track.

The comment you can get here is only individual's opinion. Besides, most of us dont even have the cars you are taking into consideration. Now a day most of the top end TCs have similar setup varieties which will end up giving the same performance out of the same driver due to his own preference on what they want the car to perform.

You should "see" it yourself more and tell by yourself which is the car you really want.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Jack
Iceberg.
I think alot of us have been telling you the pro and con of each cars..there isnt much difference in them, if u know how to set them up.
I only had the EVO not the Evo2 but report says that the EVO 2 is suppose to be better
Between my Evo and my 414M, i feel that both car are as good. just with different chartacter that required diff driving
Yes...that is about right! Each car has slightly differing characteristics requiring different driving styles and different setups. However, all (well almost all) cars can be setup to run equally well and driving styles be adapted to suit the car!

I set my cars up the way 'I like'....my friends set their cars the suit them. When I drive my friends car I think the car is not responsive .....when my friends drive my car they think it is too twitchy (this is on the same style chassis!)

However, at the end of the day...when we run our own cars together...we all manage to keep up with each other....so there is not really one good setup. (Thats why I normally ignore questions about how to setup any car!!)

Both the Evo and 414 should be in the same league of cars. You won't have made a bad choice whichever car you decide on...regardless of what ANYONE says to you!!!!
Old 05-23-2002, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Ya, maybe u all are rite. each car maybe able to setup to suit ur style and i also think that both the car that i am thinking of buying are tamiya high performance car, so they shall not fare too far from each other. it shall be depend on the driver, his skills and his setup and understanding and performance of his own car.

So guys. thanx for deciding for me. glad to chat with U all. sorry that i a bit nagging and been flooding the forum with my msg.....

May everyone enjoy this hobby......
Old 05-23-2002, 05:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

No probs...come round and chat anytime!!
Old 05-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Sure, everytime after a race, i learnt something new. if i can't figure it out, then will ask the pros in the forum.

See ya next time.

Thanx dtm,jack,Manticore,White cat for the advices.

Old 05-23-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Ice have you consider getting the 04R
it is a pretty decent car. I was about to get that if i never book the 414M first.
threaded shocks and stuff..
and it cheap too
u can save the rest to get batts. or setup tool
Old 05-23-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Jack:

i tot of that before and my fren also recommend me that also. but need to buy steering set and carbon damper stay, so add them all up, maybe will reached abt $300. a TB Evo2 cost around $500. if can bargain till $450, quite gd also....still thinking lai.

i got TB01, so buying a shaft car will be gd for me in terms of spare parts and usage. i wanted to change car cos my TB01 not much for tuning. also i break the original plastic damper stay and now can only hook it on the gear case. so there is nothing i can play with adjusting the car. there is not carbon damper stay from Tamiya. only other brands from overseas. if get it into Singapore, will cost abt $70 for 2 damper stay, a bit not worth.

So getting a 04R, Evo2, 414M2, either of them will solve my current problems.

Anyway, thanx for the recommendations. nice and considerate racers here......
Old 05-23-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by IceBerG71
Jack:

i tot of that before and my fren also recommend me that also. but need to buy steering set and carbon damper stay, so add them all up, maybe will reached abt $300. a TB Evo2 cost around $500. if can bargain till $450, quite gd also....still thinking lai.

i got TB01, so buying a shaft car will be gd for me in terms of spare parts and usage. i wanted to change car cos my TB01 not much for tuning. also i break the original plastic damper stay and now can only hook it on the gear case. so there is nothing i can play with adjusting the car. there is not carbon damper stay from Tamiya. only other brands from overseas. if get it into Singapore, will cost abt $70 for 2 damper stay, a bit not worth.

So getting a 04R, Evo2, 414M2, either of them will solve my current problems.

Anyway, thanx for the recommendations. nice and considerate racers here......
you dont really need the steering set. it good to have only, same as carbon shock towers.
i think tamiay does have the carbon shock tower
ask taising
Old 05-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Jack:

U meant the carbon shock for TB01??? i ask Japan Tamiya already. They say there is no such option part cos TB01 gear case has 2 holes that can be used for damper stay, so there is no need to have the carbon damper stay. so that means, TB01 not really suitable for race as there is not much tuning to be done...
Old 05-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi, there is a brand called Barracuda in HKG right. Is it an electric car, nitro car or have both of them? Where is it made in? Any reviews on that car?
Old 05-23-2002, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ART2
Hi, there is a brand called Barracuda in HKG right. Is it an electric car, nitro car or have both of them? Where is it made in? Any reviews on that car?
It is a EP by ALex, Japan. You can go to the EP section of this forum and there is a barracuda thread with some information and pictures.
Old 05-23-2002, 09:45 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ART2
Made buy Alex Japan, Shaft drive, an alternative to TC3 and EvoII. Check out the EP part of the forum, there is a thread on the car!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:46 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore

It is a EP by ALex, Japan. You can go to the EP section of this forum and there is a barracuda thread with some information and pictures.
haha...same time...same post.... great minds think alike!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.