What's a good RC car?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What's a good RC car?

Hey guys! I'm new in this forum and have a question to ask. I would like to ask what do you guys think would be a nice new model of a car that has a belt driven 4WD system for a beginner to advance driving skills. The car I'd like to get is an electric powered off-road 1/10 buggy, the brands that I'm looking into are Kyosho and Team Associated USA but preferably Kyosho and since I'm from Hong Kong, I'd like to buy something that I can easily find in Mong Kok or Wan Chai.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by ninmont; 04-06-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: missed out another brand and criteria
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ninmont View Post
Hey guys! I'm new in this forum and have a question to ask. I would like to ask what do you guys think would be a nice new model of a car that has a belt driven 4WD system for a beginner to advance driving skills. The car I'd like to get is an electric powered off-road 1/10 buggy, the brands that I'm looking into are Kyosho and Team Associated USA but preferably Kyosho and since I'm from Hong Kong, I'd like to buy something that I can easily find in Mong Kok or Wan Chai.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
belt + offroad car is not a very good combo... most EP offroad are shaft driven, as it lasts longer than belts...

there are a few of them out there (1/10 scale EP buggy 4wd) not so much development recently so nothing new...

check this out : http://www.everything-rc-cars.com/43...lazer-zx5.html

there should be kits like these in kwang wah... just ask around
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

revo to race as a begginer run stock monster truck class and buy a revo. i made the same mistake as you. after about my 3rd race with my eight, i was ready to quit and give up because i was coming in last place, so i sold my eight and got a revo to play with. come to find out there was a class for that truck, do i tried it. 4th place out of 11 people.