Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default keehi lagoon

Anyone see the track there lately....
Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 9six7nine2bOI View Post
Anyone see the track there lately....
Might still have one small one way at the end behind the rental car lot, by the beach. As far as the old track, still get the fenced area next to Nimits Hwy but no track.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tyguhshock View Post
Might still have one small one way at the end behind the rental car lot, by the beach. As far as the old track, still get the fenced area next to Nimits Hwy but no track.
whats the deal with that fenced off land over there? Is that designated for a rc track? Back when aloha hobbies was around I thouht they where gonna open a track there but never took off.....n its been like that for years

Ima b at the ghetto small track tomorrow running some packs if anyone down to run too..... ima b there around 930 - 230......hopefully I stay that long n not break

Last edited by 9six7nine2bOI; 06-04-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

whats the deal with that fenced off land over there? Is that designated for a rc track? Back when aloha hobbies was around I thouht they where gonna open a track there but never took off.....n its been like that for years

Ima b at the ghetto small track tomorrow running some packs if anyone down to run too..... ima b there around 630 - 230......hopefully I stay that long n not break
I guess Scotty and the gang was the last hope for keehi lagoon, im guessing the deal is over for an rc track there.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Went today for a good 5 hours and burnt threw a set of tires. Track is kinda far from parking lot tho....track could use some tlc but it aint bad....im gonna go down with some equipment and work on it dis week if anyone is bored lets get our track builer on....ill have picks, rakes, shovels, brooms.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Went today for a good 5 hours and burnt threw a set of tires. Track is kinda far from parking lot tho....track could use some tlc but it aint bad....im gonna go down with some equipment and work on it dis week if anyone is bored lets get our track builer on....ill have picks, rakes, shovels, brooms.
Cool.. But I would recommend not stepping on any toes by contacting the original builders and if its OK with the park's caretakers first. Don't want this to end up like the skate board park at the north shore.

BTW.. If you do start working on the track, make sure you build the ramps the way GOD wants it.. LOL

Shoots..
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know theres a guy that goes there quite often and he kinda take ownership of the place a cool guy you should keep going there to you meet the guy i forgot his name but he was a cool guy so i think out of respect for him you should just keep going there until you run in to him and talk it over with him
Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=JoeWorks;12227652]Cool.. But I would recommend not stepping on any toes by contacting the original builders and if its OK with the park's caretakers first. Don't want this to end up like the skate board park at the north shore.

BTW.. If you do start working on the track, make sure you build the ramps the way GOD wants it.. LOL

Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kailiboi View Post
i know theres a guy that goes there quite often and he kinda take ownership of the place a cool guy you should keep going there to you meet the guy i forgot his name but he was a cool guy so i think out of respect for him you should just keep going there until you run in to him and talk it over with him
Well I didnt really want to change anything....just wanted build the burms back up with excess soft dirt, rake and sweep the track, and dig out the weeds.... but ill wait till I get the ok
Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I didnt really want to change anything....just wanted build the burms back up with excess soft dirt, rake and sweep the track, and dig out the weeds.... but ill wait till I get the ok
Bump. Any updates on the Lagoon Dr. track?

Lmk I'd be down to go help groom/rake etc.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cox308 View Post
Bump. Any updates on the Lagoon Dr. track?

Lmk I'd be down to go help groom/rake etc.
its decent....for what it is (an abandoned track) but play at your own risk....there is a very high concentration of slat mixed in with the dirt which is very detrimental to you car's metal parts and electronics