Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Hawaii RC
Any off road tracks near honolulu >

Any off road tracks near honolulu

Any off road tracks near honolulu

Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Any off road tracks near honolulu

I am heading out on vacation for two weeks and was wondering if there are any tracks near by. I could probably sneak in my buggy and race if there is a track.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yup!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/hawaii-r...rc-hawaii.html
I don't know if they are holding any races but they have open track on the weekends.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Close is relative...Sandbox is the closest to Honolulu but I haven't heard of any racing starting up there yet. The TRCC track at Barber's Point has races every 1st Sunday and is about a 30min drive from Honolulu.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Race 1st Sunday of the month and open practice on the other Sundays.
http://www.trcchobbies.com/index.php...The-Race-Track

Come out and have fun!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There are also some videos of the current lay out on YouTube. If you search sandbox Hawaii.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sandbox RC Hawaii

[QUOTE=the big rc;10663713]I am heading out on vacation for two weeks and was wondering if there are any tracks near by. I could probably sneak in my buggy and race if there is a track.

Thanks[/QUOwhen are you going to be here in Hawaii come check us out at the sandbox call us 808-723-2443
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sandbox RC Hawaii

Originally Posted by Honu View Post
Yup!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/hawaii-r...rc-hawaii.html
I don't know if they are holding any races but they have open track on the weekends.
thank you Honu ...well we will start races in Jan 2013 they will be 1/10 2wd & 4wd short course electric ONLY....as far as Caillen says ....and the BIG BOYS will be the 1/8 scale SC8 ..but we are still undecided on the gas yet ...Caillen and myself have alot of the short course people and so we would like to cater to them for now and we see how it goes for the gas classes...the reason is this...1)the maintanence of the track with the Gas Cars...2) we would like to make the races not a all day thing ...we want it to be fun and exciting ...cause alot of people might get burned out all day thing...3) we got alot of the short course and everyone had agreed to holdind a point series race 4) Hobby Co...will be helping with the prizes and incentives working with me and caillen on prizes during each race and at the end of the point series we will be having a drawing and grand prize as well...anyways thank you for the respond to big rc ..From the Sandbox RC
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Howz bout a novice nitro class?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by fukuz1 View Post
thank you Honu ...well we will start races in Jan 2013 they will be 1/10 2wd & 4wd short course electric ONLY....as far as Caillen says ....and the BIG BOYS will be the 1/8 scale SC8 ..but we are still undecided on the gas yet ...Caillen and myself have alot of the short course people and so we would like to cater to them for now and we see how it goes for the gas classes...the reason is this...1)the maintanence of the track with the Gas Cars...2) we would like to make the races not a all day thing ...we want it to be fun and exciting ...cause alot of people might get burned out all day thing...3) we got alot of the short course and everyone had agreed to holdind a point series race 4) Hobby Co...will be helping with the prizes and incentives working with me and caillen on prizes during each race and at the end of the point series we will be having a drawing and grand prize as well...anyways thank you for the respond to big rc ..From the Sandbox RC
A lot of people run gas. I understanding the maintenence comment but it would be nice to have a second place to race or even a race season combined with other tracks to bring everyone together.

This would promote our hobby tremendously. Supporting all areas would be nice but as I mentioned most are racers and a lot of guys run 1/8 nitro. Maybe the area isn't able to support everyone if that's the case it's very understandable.

Since gas isn't a options, E buggy 1/8 is another growing class, something to think about. The all day comment could be a factor but it can be a early day pending on how the director sets up the races. Some friendly comments / suggestions.