Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Hawaii RC
R/C Ironman State Championship Maui poll >

R/C Ironman State Championship Maui poll

R/C Ironman State Championship Maui poll

Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default R/C Ironman State Championship Maui poll

Who would be interested in a R/C Ironman state championship that incorporates both 2 classes of on-road and 2 classes of off-road racing on a weekend. winner would have to be good in both styles of racing and this would be a first of its kind.

Mod TC, VTA, Short Course and 1/8 Truggy I think is the most popular choices. Saturday night on-road followed by sunday off-road.

We have both permanent tracks here on Maui at this time so we can offer this. both tracks are within a mile of each other and about 10 minutes from the airport.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Isl...13649545312354 for pictures and info.

Only problem is we would have a month notice when the race is to be held as our off-road permit is issued monthly so it would probably held the last sunday of whatever month we are going to do.

aloha
garett
island hobbies
Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

The winner would be the overall points off all 4 classes combined. you dont have to run all 4 but its better if you do.

$50 dollar entry fee total for all 4 classes.

both tracks open for practice at any time on that weekend. race starts 5pm saturday night for on-road so all day saturday open for practice. race starts 11 am sunday so you can practice either saturday or sunday morning.

One more idea to throw out is also a HobbyShop champion. Each Hobbyshop in the state can pick 1 driver that they enter and support for a additional $25.00 <pays for the trophy>. I know each hobbyshop got their fighting chicken they want to throw in the derby.

aloha
garett
Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superturtle808 View Post
Who would be interested in a R/C Ironman state championship that incorporates both 2 classes of on-road and 2 classes of off-road racing on a weekend. winner would have to be good in both styles of racing and this would be a first of its kind.

Mod TC, VTA, Short Course and 1/8 Truggy I think is the most popular choices. Saturday night on-road followed by sunday off-road.

We have both permanent tracks here on Maui at this time so we can offer this. both tracks are within a mile of each other and about 10 minutes from the airport.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Isl...13649545312354 for pictures and info.

Only problem is we would have a month notice when the race is to be held as our off-road permit is issued monthly so it would probably held the last sunday of whatever month we are going to do.

aloha
garett
island hobbies
Hi Garett! Long time no talk! Glad to see you guys are still trying to promote R/C racing in Maui. Bring it back! I wish I was there to support. Hope Maui R/C will be as successful as before or even better. Aloha!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wow! looking at the timesheets for 18th scale. Looks fun with that amount of people! what kind of cars are you guys running?

Ever considered bringing all the maui boys down to check out the RWH track in Oahu?Sick venue for an inter island showdown. Vice versa, bring the oahu guys down to maui for some racing
Old 02-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Howzit Joven, you still kicking azz in the tamiya series?

18th scale is rc18r's and they are anywhere from stock to modified all running together. a stock 18r with a lipo can almost keep up with the midlevel modifieds.

I wouldnt mind coming over to oahu to race. let us know when you have a championship or a big race planned. I used to come to the gas onroads at the HCC airport school when bobby had them.

spread the word if anyone wants to see maui have a championship of on-road or off-road or both <ironman>. We have the permenent tracks at this time so would be good to try something now.

aloha
garett
Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

I used to love going over to Maui in the late 90's for the championships. Too bad they killed the super ferry it would have been so easy to do again. Anyway now I just go to the IIC in Vegas, good racing and it's Vegas. I would still consider going over if enough ppl decided to.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by superturtle808 View Post
Howzit Joven, you still kicking azz in the tamiya series?

18th scale is rc18r's and they are anywhere from stock to modified all running together. a stock 18r with a lipo can almost keep up with the midlevel modifieds.

I wouldnt mind coming over to oahu to race. let us know when you have a championship or a big race planned. I used to come to the gas onroads at the HCC airport school when bobby had them.

spread the word if anyone wants to see maui have a championship of on-road or off-road or both <ironman>. We have the permenent tracks at this time so would be good to try something now.

aloha
garett
i wouldnt mind flying to maui for do one off-road championship event ill take my family and make one small kine vacation