Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road >

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Old 08-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots View Post
thanks Bob for the class restrictions and rules. Now I can see what VTA actually is. Hopefully we get racers out with this new entry level class. Well lets see how it goes the next several months.

Joe works hopefully we will see you soon at the tracks
HPI 66 mustang body.. check
HPI Wheels and Tires.. check
10+ year old HPI Pro4 TC chassis.. check
Silver can Mabuchi motor.. check
Novak GTX brush motor ESC.. check
2s hardcase lipo.. check
my poor driving skills.. check check

I think I'm good to go for some TA racing and would like to hit RWH on most of the second Sunday races if this class materializes. That leaves me first, third and fourth Sundays for my off-road addiction at "Da Track".. LOL

Shoots..
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

sorry for the wait. here are the rest of the videos.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeWorks View Post
HPI 66 mustang body.. check
HPI Wheels and Tires.. check
10+ year old HPI Pro4 TC chassis.. check
Silver can Mabuchi motor.. check
Novak GTX brush motor ESC.. check
2s hardcase lipo.. check
my poor driving skills.. check check

I think I'm good to go for some TA racing and would like to hit RWH on most of the second Sunday races if this class materializes. That leaves me first, third and fourth Sundays for my off-road addiction at "Da Track".. LOL

Shoots..
in the future if you ever want to sell that car, lmk
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

While I think the idea of a VTA class may be good...I must say I am concerned that a VTA class would thin the Stock TC class which is going so well right now. Also it would probably be a good idea to consider starting earlier in the day. Because with these additional classes we are going to have more people running multiple classes and that will slow things down. Just some things to think about.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
While I think the idea of a VTA class may be good...I must say I am concerned that a VTA class would thin the Stock TC class which is going so well right now. Also it would probably be a good idea to consider starting earlier in the day. Because with these additional classes we are going to have more people running multiple classes and that will slow things down. Just some things to think about.
How's about running stock class and VTA class together? If it brings new blood to the RWH. That way you all don't have to turn away the VTA guys if only one or more shows up but not enough to make a class. And the two classes can be counted separately.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

I am just looking for a way to bring more people to the track not water down what we already have. If word can get out to people that have raced before maybe this will interest them.

Running the VTA and 17.5 classes together probably wouldn't work as VTA will be a breakout class and the disparity in lap times will be to big and might not be able to be done on the computer.

Last week when I mentioned it to Burt one of our new drivers (Nick) was standing there and he was interested in running the class... even Burt said he might break out the old Corally and run too. I know that Danny is interested in running the class and I have one of the Spec-R cars that I could run.... With Joe that makes 5 right now that have shown interest. It would be fun to have a class where everyone can just run their car and not have to deal with how to keep up, the breakout lap will keep it manageable for everyone.

I think the best way to get a breakout lap time is to have a car run laps with a 25.5 motor and maybe even have a few people do laps with the same car so we can get a consensus of where we need the time to be at.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry Bob. I mixed up stock class and silver can class. I meant running the silver can TC and VTA.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

silver can rcgt mixed with VTA if ever theres a new class. If not, everyone else run 17.5, its the class that has stuck around the longest. I think this is the time to just plant our feet and say hey, 17.5 stock TC and 1/12 13.5 as our main classes.

If anything WGT could survive because there is a following with us regular racers, but to me the other classes are mute because of turnout. like I said most of the time the "regulars" are the one keeping Hawaii on-road alive, which is less than ten of us. Work on what we have than thinning out the classes.

If it were me, just call it 4wd electric TC with motor limit 17.5 or open, and if more people show up with whatever tires, motor, body, etc... let them run and they will line up in the appropriate main. And all 2wd pan cars run together. I know this will eliminate allot of other classes and isolate some people. But, straight up we just don't have the turnout/ demographic that loves to play with toy cars on-road.

At this point now, I'd rather play with ten cars in a class than multiple classes with 2-3 people.

To me, guys like Ikaika are rare now a days. You know his attitude around the pits, to race, have fun, and do it for a long time..... sorry for the name drop

every other newcomer has come and gone, some I know will show up once or twice a year. Or get pushed away with the plethora of rules and restrictions.

To me TRCC has the best menu. Instead of making a class for just a couple people, just throw them in a class based on what you think could the car possible fit in.

just think about how many on-road classes we had over the years. The amount of classes is intimidating even for me. I sure do want to try out a new class/car but I don't want to flake out on the class I'm already in and thin it out. We just don't have the turnout period!
Old 08-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HawaiiBob View Post
Running the VTA and 17.5 classes together probably wouldn't work as VTA will be a breakout class and the disparity in lap times will be to big and might
I don't even know what breakout class is! more rules more restrictions to thin out what we already have
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goots View Post
I don't even know what breakout class is! more rules more restrictions to thin out what we already have
Great, so lets keep things the way they are and scare away any new racers with the speeds of the class. If you had read what was posted on breakout you would have an idea of what the class could be , but instead, lets just kill any new ideas......

Last edited by HawaiiBob; 08-03-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My 2cents that's probably worth less but am always a believer in growing the hobby...

You're both right which means you're both not fully right. But the big thing to realize is you can't please everyone all the time so who do you please. I've seen both cases when we ran nitro touring and especially when we ran drags. Nitro touring was 1 class with a relatively large difference between levels of cars and power plants (like different classes). We had RTRs running against Mugens and Kyoshos with $400+ mod motors. Didn't seem to bother anyone (just like those GT classes I see on TV with fast and slow cars running together). What did happen was most, if not all, of the slow newer guys all got better and faster. In drags, we had classes that died because someone was way faster and no one else had a chance. What did work was our Index classes which were too small individually (2.0 and 2.5) so we ran them together. We also ran nitro with electric, which some didn't like, except the guy that wanted to run because there wasn't enough to run his class.
You have to have classes and rules, but can a car run with another class if don't have enough to run in their class? You accomplish not turning anyone away while showing what the class on the track looks like which might attract others. But with the understanding if there's not enough to make the class (3), the run is for fun (no points) just to run.
I watched you guys race and even not being a newbie I was impressed with the driving and speed. Which means as a newbie I'd be intimidated.
F.Y.I. my car is a little less then half built. Too tired when I get home from work, always need something else I need to get to continue the build, keeping my daughter's puppy company before she comes home from work, and then I go to sleep.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the input everyone. It is a 2 edged sword situation either way you look at it. And I'm fine with running VTA so long as we aren't losing TC drivers to do it. It sounds like most if not all of the drivers who are interested will be running both classes so it shouldn't be a problem. As for the Corally I meant breaking it out so someone else could use it if they want to I've got more than enough classes to run already. I just want to avoid having the issue where one class runs one week then the next week everyone goes back to the other class...and back and forth. That hurts the race because new people coming in won't know ahead of time what is going to run that weekend.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Doing some work on my WGT...hopefully I can keep up with Ikaika and my old car! I think one of my rear links had a fracture inside and probably what was causing the car to act tweaked. So I converted the car to use the long flex links that I had custom made based off of the BMI prototype links. The rear pivot feels a bit better now. I also widened the front to try and calm the car down a bit. Ready for next race day I hope!

Last edited by InspGadgt; 08-03-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Employed again
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Employed again
grats

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.