Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road >

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots View Post
lol! your own cars beating you. Well, thanks again today for putting on the show. You are just awesome, just for that I will race 1/12 next race and we can have our own battles again. Also, I can help Nick get that 12r more stable. Btw how is his tire management? does he cut tires? ill bring my truer just to get him up and running.

Keiji.. We need you out more often, you make the competition more complete! too bad Frankie flaked out. Would have been even more epic battles up front. Thanks for your videos btw. Also, get those uploads done!

Ikaika, let me drive that yokomo of yours. I want that car up their with us. I'm honestly sure that mr4 is capable enough.lets turn that thing to a rocket.

Till next race.
Foresure goots but ima def need a new motor to keep up with everyone
Old 07-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

lol! your own cars beating you. Well, thanks again today for putting on the show. You are just awesome, just for that I will race 1/12 next race and we can have our own battles again. Also, I can help Nick get that 12r more stable. Btw how is his tire management? does he cut tires? ill bring my truer just to get him up and running.

Keiji.. We need you out more often, you make the competition more complete! too bad Frankie flaked out. Would have been even more epic battles up front. Thanks for your videos btw. Also, get those uploads done!

Ikaika, let me drive that yokomo of yours. I want that car up their with us. I'm honestly sure that mr4 is capable enough.lets turn that thing to a rocket.

Till next race.
Nick will be missing the next 2 races due to training at work. He's still working through some hardware issues but it is getting closer all the time. Hopefully he'll have a new servo in the car for his next race and then we can help more with setup. The one in his car now has about 4 degrees of play in the gears so it was causing a lot of steering issues. Any help you can give to get the car running good will be appreciated.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I won't be racing 12th after 1st race in Aug. Race 12th after IIC. Will race WGT
Old 07-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Keiji! stock finals is up on his youtube channel. Very good race.
Ikaika do you mind PM'ing me your yokomo setup im curious what you are running for setup.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
I won't be racing 12th after 1st race in Aug. Race 12th after IIC. Will race WGT
awww come on IIC isn't till October! You don't need 2 months to get a car ready...2 weeks maybe but not 2 months
Old 07-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks to all for the fun race!
was able to get the 17.5 up. working on the others.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Bob is proposing a VTA class and would like to see how much interest there might be in it. The thread is here: http://www.hawaiitalks.net/race-worl...24985-vta.html

A slower class might help in attracting new people...if new people see it.

But this got me thinking...question to all the 1/12th drivers. Do you think it would be better for the club if we went to 17.5 motors instead of 13.5? Personally I love the speed and fun of 13.5 and would prefer to stay with that. But 17.5 is going to make the cars more controllable for the newer drivers and will reduce tire wear. Both of which could help the class. What do you guys think?

Just to be clear I am not saying the class is changing...no matter how the discussion goes the class will stay the same at least through the end of the season. But discussion on the matter is a good thing...so lets discuss it.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
awww come on IIC isn't till October! You don't need 2 months to get a car ready...2 weeks maybe but not 2 months
OK won't race in Sept.
Bob is proposing a VTA class and would like to see how much interest there might be in it. The thread is here: http://www.hawaiitalks.net/race-worl...24985-vta.html

But this got me thinking...question to all the 1/12th drivers. Do you think it would be better for the club if we went to 17.5 motors instead of 13.5? Personally I love the speed and fun of 13.5 and would prefer to stay with that. But 17.5 is going to make the cars more controllable for the newer drivers and will reduce tire wear. Both of which could help the class. What do you guys think?

Just to be clear I am not saying the class is changing...no matter how the discussion goes the class will stay the same at least through the end of the season. But discussion on the matter is a good thing...so lets discuss it.
Sounds good to me. But is there new people wanting to race 12th scale?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
OK won't race in Sept.

Sounds good to me. But is there new people wanting to race 12th scale?
I don't know...I'm just throwing it out for discussion. Personally I'm for sticking with 13.5. I ran 17.5 blinky 1 year at the IIC and never went back...it was like watching paint dry. But if it would be better for the class I would be willing to consider it. Just something to stir up some conversation.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

I don't know...I'm just throwing it out for discussion. Personally I'm for sticking with 13.5. I ran 17.5 blinky 1 year at the IIC and never went back...it was like watching paint dry. But if it would be better for the class I would be willing to consider it. Just something to stir up some conversation.
everytime I think of 17.5 motors I want to max it out and blow it up

As far as VTA, I really like the looks of RCGT class over the muscle cars
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like the idea of the vta class but just getting the equipment to be legal to run is a bummer...for me atleast.... It would be nice if wgt picks up at rwh, and we get more drivers to race iin that class.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 9six7nine2bOI View Post
I like the idea of the vta class but just getting the equipment to be legal to run is a bummer...for me atleast.... It would be nice if wgt picks up at rwh, and we get more drivers to race iin that class.
good thinking. Instead of adding classes, work on what we have now! I mean what, we get 1-2 new racers a year, maybe 2-3 who comes out every 6-12 months, and 5-6 regulars
I know you have a stock pile of parts for that mr4. You don't need to drop anymore money for a new car when yours already works. Maybe a fresh motor and a better handling setup will get you up and going.

we tried 17.5 spec, on road sc, mini, F1, 1/12, RCGT, 1/18, what else?
I think silvercan had the biggest/longest racer base as far as a cheap beginner class.
We even slowed down! 13.5 boost to 13.5 blinky then class is dead. 17.5 boost to 17.5 non boost.

Work on our biggest class 17.5 stock TC. Already if its a good day, we have A and B mains. Imagine a group of novices racing each other in a 17.5 C main. Or, bring back silver can with any non-race body gt/vta bodies with sub $200 chassis, 15 dollar motors, cheap lipos, and tires that last the whole season.

tc3,tc4, sprints, tto1, tto2, etc. etc.
This is just things I notice since I started several years ago. Btw, 10 year old cars that are built properly are still fast!

Last edited by goots; 07-31-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

good thinking. Instead of adding classes, work on what we have now! I mean what, we get 1-2 new racers a year, maybe 2-3 who comes out every 6-12 months, and 5-6 regulars
I know you have a stock pile of parts for that mr4. You don't need to drop anymore money for a new car when yours already works. Maybe a fresh motor and a better handling setup will get you up and going.

we tried 17.5 spec, on road sc, mini, F1, 1/12, RCGT, 1/18, what else?
I think silvercan had the biggest/longest racer base as far as a cheap beginner class.
We even slowed down! 13.5 boost to 13.5 blinky then class is dead. 17.5 boost to 17.5 non boost.

Work on our biggest class 17.5 stock TC. Already if its a good day, we have A and B mains. Imagine a group of novices racing each other in a 17.5 C main. Or, bring back silver can with sub $200 chassis, 15 dollar motors, cheap lipos, and tires that last the whole season.

tc3,tc4, sprints, tto1, tto2, etc. etc.
This is just things I notice since I started several years ago. Btw, 10 year old cars that are built properly are still fast!
Wait a minute.. first you say work with the classes you all have to grow the club. Then you say "bring back silver can sub $200 chassis" thus adding another class? to slow it down for my poor driving skills. LOL

Isn't that what Bob is trying to do with VTA? Possibly picking up what was the TA class back in the OCS days? I'm sure that I'm not the only one would enjoy racing/watching those old school TA cars on the track. And for me, and hopefully others, see this class as an economical way to enjoy our hobby. OR possible get those who still have their OCS TA class rides such as my self come out and play without spending any money.

Shoots..
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoeWorks View Post
Wait a minute.. first you say work with the classes you all have to grow the club. Then you say "bring back silver can sub $200 chassis" thus adding another class? to slow it down for my poor driving skills. LOL

Isn't that what Bob is trying to do with VTA? Possibly picking up what was the TA class back in the OCS days? I'm sure that I'm not the only one would enjoy racing/watching those old school TA cars on the track. And for me, and hopefully others, see this class as an economical way to enjoy our hobby. OR possible get those who still have their OCS TA class rides such as my self come out and play without spending any money.

Shoots..
I'm just saying adding a vta class would be the same as a silver can class. Both are cheap entry level classes. Me personaly would not be interested in vta.

It would be nice to see our stock tc class grow. You don't have to drive the car fast just to have fun. Its better than having 3 other classes with only 2-3 drivers lined up on the grid.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All its own my friend.. But if it attracts a hand full of TA racers to the club then that would be a good thing. For me I like the old school muscle car look.

I'm sure the silver can class may be to slow for you fast guys but this class would be right up my alley.

Shoots..

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.