Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Hawaii RC
Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road >

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Old 07-15-2013, 09:24 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

I had a great time yesterday. Thanks to Burt for the show and Danny for the loaner. I never had one of my cars blow up with all the parts spewing on the track before. Was good to see some old faces from the past at the track yesterday. Looking forward to the next race if I get my car back together.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Really nice to see you old (i can say that cause i'm old) time racers like Frank, Roy, and Wes yesterday. And the others that I've run with and seen in the store. Great job Burt and was great to see others step up to help. We'll hopefully be out there by the next next race. Boy, I've got lots to learn with electric stuff and of course...turning. The EPA on my drag car steering is only about 20. Might have to see if my radio goes higher .

If the stars line up I may be in LV for a conference the same week as the IIC race. For those that are going, what is your travel schedule?

Last edited by rskoncepts; 07-15-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rskoncepts View Post
Really nice to see you old (i can say that cause i'm old) time racers like Frank, Roy, and Wes yesterday. And the others that I've run with and seen in the store. Great job Burt and was great to see others step up to help. We'll hopefully be out there by the next next race. Boy, I've got lots to learn with electric stuff and of course...turning. The EPA on my drag car steering is only about 20. Might have to see if my radio goes higher .

If the stars line up I may be in LV for a conference the same week as the IIC race. For those that are going, what is your travel schedule?
Well hopefully we will see you out there hanging out with us and your old time friends. If you don't know me, Im the kid that was sitting across Wes. His pitman haha
Old 07-16-2013, 10:55 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rskoncepts View Post

Most of us are getting there on Sunday the 6th. Racing starts Tuesday from 7:00am. Saturday the 12th is mains day and they usually finish around 6:00pm. Most of us are leaving Sunday the 13th at different times. Hope to see you there.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks Frank. Not sure if I'm going but if I do, it could be from Sunday or Tuesday until Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately my days will be filled except Friday which is only half day. So hopefully I can catch some finals and maybe some evenings. Got some info from Scotty for us spectators.

Hey Goots! Electric and turns will be really different than nitro with turns. Waiting for some parts to start my build. Hope I can find my transponder.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Who's up for a practice day this Sunday?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Sid and I will be coming. I want him to try it out. Then we will have 5 wgt driver for the rest of the season when we get back.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I might show up if I aint hanging from shortcourse saturday
Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jumpnjack View Post
Sid and I will be coming. I want him to try it out. Then we will have 5 wgt driver for the rest of the season when we get back.
aaauuurrriiittee more wgt racers
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Well my new 1/12th tires came in today. Since the places I normally order from were out of either the CRC or Jaco tire I decided to give the Contact tires by Schaumacher a try. So far they look pretty nice. The rims are quite light but don't feel like they will get all bent up like the TRC ones. The foam feels like a good quality foam. My only complaint is they are trued a bit smaller than I would like to start with. Hopefully they will perform as good as they look!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

that would be sweet! I have an old/new car to test
I finally took apart Wes's double x, and man talk about beat up! I think he too needs a gear diff up front to save the front end from breaking.
Got Hokama's BD7 gear front gear diff built up

Burt, I still am holding off on buying 1/12 tires for a few weeks. I just seem to not have the budget for it atm.

let us know if sunday practice is a go!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 9six7nine2bOI View Post
I might show up if I aint hanging from shortcourse saturday
I think ill be talking a longer break from off-road till next year. On-road currently has my attention.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by goots View Post
that would be sweet! I have an old/new car to test
I finally took apart Wes's double x, and man talk about beat up! I think he too needs a gear diff up front to save the front end from breaking.
Got Hokama's BD7 gear front gear diff built up

Burt, I still am holding off on buying 1/12 tires for a few weeks. I just seem to not have the budget for it atm.

let us know if sunday practice is a go!
Its a go...I need to test a different front tire in F1 and get a lil more testing done on the WGT to see if I got rid of the stutter.

NP about 1/12th...there will still be Roy and Nick to run with That's one of the reasons though that I am thinking on running purple/2x pink...try and reduce the tire wear some to make it more affordable to more people. That is probably one of the biggest reason why more people don't run pan cars in general...the tire wear.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Its a go...I need to test a different front tire in F1 and get a lil more testing done on the WGT to see if I got rid of the stutter.

NP about 1/12th...there will still be Roy and Nick to run with That's one of the reasons though that I am thinking on running purple/2x pink...try and reduce the tire wear some to make it more affordable to more people. That is probably one of the biggest reason why more people don't run pan cars in general...the tire wear.
OK GUYS.... what time are we meeting??? 9ish???
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good. I've got to leave around 4ish to pick up my suit.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.