Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

sweet!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Good fun out there practicing today. I made really good progress on both my F1 and my loaned TC. In practice I reset the fastest F1 lap for that track direction. Now all we need is enough people to show up on race day so I can do it again in an official race That is unless Keiji decides to come back out and defend it! Come on Keiji...where are ya?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hey IG, nice to see you and the guys yesterday and thanks for the info to get me going. I'm pretty sure we'll be joining you guys and hopefully I remember how to turn.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

It was good seeing you out there too. Hope to have ya racing out there soon and having fun in F1 So far the best tires I've tried out there are the Pit Shimizu 574 fronts and 572 rears. We've tried the 571/572 combo and it didn't work too well...we've also tried pretty much all of the Ride tire combos and HPI soft front and medium rear...none of those worked all that great either. Pit Shimizu has other combinations that I hear work good in low grip but we haven't tried those yet. They may work well or may not. I'd recommend having a set of the 574/572 on hand just in case and other combinations if you want to experiment.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wish I could run a loaner car
Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

If all goes well we will have 2 new F1 drivers at the next race so I'll finally be able to race my new F1 car And if the 1/12th and/or WGT drivers show up with their cars I'll be set
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
If all goes well we will have 2 new F1 drivers at the next race so I'll finally be able to race my new F1 car And if the 1/12th and/or WGT drivers show up with their cars I'll be set
sweet im looking forward to watching some pan car action, ive been wanting to get a pan car since i seen you and goots race .... ive been looking to get a wgt car soon...idk either CRC or AE, how do u like your crc? or should i go 1/12th scale?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

My WGT is a BMI. My 1/12th used to be a BMI as well but they haven't had a new car come out in awhile so I switched to CRC. It is a great car...much better than the driver To be honest though all the current 1/12th scale cars are top notch so whichever one has the options you want/like will be a good one. I do have a spare WGT and 1/12th if you want to try one. The WGT is the BMI I had before my current one. The 1/12th is the previous CRC chassis. The WGT is a lot closer to being runable...it could use new front bearings but they are runable. The 1/12th needs a lower rear pod plate. Both need tires. I do have a set of pretty worn out WGT tires that will work but they are a bit chewed up and trued down to carpet size so they won't last more than a race day I don't think.

As for the differences between the classes...both use the same motor and battery so the WGT being a bigger car will be slower. 1/12th runs prototype style bodies (GTP, LMP cars) so they have better down force. WGT runs front engine, rear wheel drive, GT car bodies. As for tires 1/12th you can use any tire compounds you like and they tend to be a little less expensive than WGT tires. WGT runs a spec compound (lilac) that you can get from Jaco, BSR, or CRC. Lilac is a pretty hard compound so tire wear is usually better in WGT than in 1/12th but because you don't have a choice of compounds and the bodies have less down force they tend to be a little trickier to get a good setup working. That said it also takes away having to hunt for the right compounds like we do in 1/12th. Once you do get the WGT to handle well it is easier to drive than the 1/12th due to its larger size and lower speeds.

1/12th is a more established class at the track with more drivers, when they show up...WGT we only have 3 of us for now so it remains to be seen if the class will prosper or fail.

So that's pretty much the best info I can give you to help you make a choice. Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The spec lilacs seem to work ok for WGT, even in front of Dave's. Wgt is more forgiving than 12th scale, not as twitchy.

I think I'll run the BMI and save the AE for IIC. I was thinking of running the 12LC instead of the Onpoint, but I don't have enough electronics to go around.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Got the tires for my WGT and Danny's WGT trued up today. Now just to put electronics in mine and get the setups done on both so that I can get the body mounted on Danny's. Should be able to get it all done by next race.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Got the tires for my WGT and Danny's WGT trued up today. Now just to put electronics in mine and get the setups done on both so that I can get the body mounted on Danny's. Should be able to get it all done by next race.
the car looks sexy burt. thanks for all your hard work. i look forward to running it next sunday.

HAPPY 4TH everyone
Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

My WGT is a BMI. My 1/12th used to be a BMI as well but they haven't had a new car come out in awhile so I switched to CRC. It is a great car...much better than the driver To be honest though all the current 1/12th scale cars are top notch so whichever one has the options you want/like will be a good one. I do have a spare WGT and 1/12th if you want to try one. The WGT is the BMI I had before my current one. The 1/12th is the previous CRC chassis. The WGT is a lot closer to being runable...it could use new front bearings but they are runable. The 1/12th needs a lower rear pod plate. Both need tires. I do have a set of pretty worn out WGT tires that will work but they are a bit chewed up and trued down to carpet size so they won't last more than a race day I don't think.

As for the differences between the classes...both use the same motor and battery so the WGT being a bigger car will be slower. 1/12th runs prototype style bodies (GTP, LMP cars) so they have better down force. WGT runs front engine, rear wheel drive, GT car bodies. As for tires 1/12th you can use any tire compounds you like and they tend to be a little less expensive than WGT tires. WGT runs a spec compound (lilac) that you can get from Jaco, BSR, or CRC. Lilac is a pretty hard compound so tire wear is usually better in WGT than in 1/12th but because you don't have a choice of compounds and the bodies have less down force they tend to be a little trickier to get a good setup working. That said it also takes away having to hunt for the right compounds like we do in 1/12th. Once you do get the WGT to handle well it is easier to drive than the 1/12th due to its larger size and lower speeds.

1/12th is a more established class at the track with more drivers, when they show up...WGT we only have 3 of us for now so it remains to be seen if the class will prosper or fail.

So that's pretty much the best info I can give you to help you make a choice. Let me know if you have more questions.
HMM HMM.. TOP REBEL 10????
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

sweet it would be niice to take a try at either car as long as its setup by the pan car master but it looks like you guys will be racing wgt next race.
im leaning more towards getting 1/12th but im afraid wgt may take off while 12th scale turnout remains the same.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

1/12th is my favorite of the 2 and I'm always trying to get more drivers out for that But up to you which you want to try. I'll need to pick up a lower pod plate for it. You'll need to provide a receiver and tires.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

1/12th is my favorite of the 2 and I'm always trying to get more drivers out for that But up to you which you want to try. I'll need to pick up a lower pod plate for it. You'll need to provide a receiver and tires.
ill try wgt since its ready to go... i got a receiver....how much are tires needed for the track and are they available here locally? will the tires you mention be competitive?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.