Originally Posted by kailiboi View Post
buggy truggy ready ill be there
Orite! Gates open at 8 830
Old 07-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyguhshock View Post
Orite! Gates open at 8 830
it was fun burning nitro again and hanging out it was a great day with the killer double lmao
Old 07-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

look at what i just found lmao http://youtu.be/bFL3p59vKjU?list=UU9...BqohEt6i9v3e-Q
Old 07-19-2014, 09:05 PM
zen
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kailiboi View Post
How come u rub your belly for him and not for me.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

I miss playing with my toys. All i can play with is my crawler. I climb my backpack and couple books and i bored already. Cannot even play with this stuff in the parks anymore. They get mad
Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 801xthawaii View Post
I miss playing with my toys. All i can play with is my crawler. I climb my backpack and couple books and i bored already. Cannot even play with this stuff in the parks anymore. They get mad
Yeah, I miss sand island state park when we used to be able to crawl down there. Yeah, I guess you gotta be homeless Chronics to get all the park privileges. Just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zen View Post
How come u rub your belly for him and not for me.
ill rub my belly for you or maybe you can rub my belly for me lmao
Old 07-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by usa-1 View Post
Yeah, I miss sand island state park when we used to be able to crawl down there. Yeah, I guess you gotta be homeless Chronics to get all the park privileges. Just my opinion.
yep....its not just your opinion its fact!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

what an awesome day of practice @ 808 rc track it was the best day to play with the thunderstorms and all lmao

well next week i hope everyone shows up sexy wants to dance lmao and where is the king of makakilo at put down the clubs and lets burn some fuel

and everyone else lets get out there and burn some fuel and drain some batteries lets make use of the facility while we have it and not let all that hard work the guys put in to make the new track go to waste
Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default We go play!!!

I think the title says it all! Mahalos to the small hui dat been comin out and playing on the track. Still Waitin on the rest of you gang! Eh if u busy u busy, das no problem, but if u just doing notten, come on down before we lose um. We running every Sunday till we find out what's the scoops. If they score a "yes" on the t.r.o. hearing on the 29th then it's business as usual, and I can complete the track as I planned. If not then we looking at one eviction date, either way WE GO PLAY!! Lol. Plus Big Sexy needs some nitro competition, bruddah get dis layout down already, it's a perimeter track with jumps for now, not much but it's someten. Also a few hui members went skyward, so we get some awesome aerial coverage, good stuff! See u at da track! If the gate is locked call me up 372 0442 G, shoots.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Make A Wish

Aloha,

Thank you for allowing me to post on your thread. I have a wish kid whose wish is to have an R/C track built in his backyard. He is 8 and we also plan on purchasing a vehicle suitable for him to race on his new track. Any assistance you may provide in granting a heartfelt wish would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
John
Old 07-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Make A Wish View Post
Aloha,

Thank you for allowing me to post on your thread. I have a wish kid whose wish is to have an R/C track built in his backyard. He is 8 and we also plan on purchasing a vehicle suitable for him to race on his new track. Any assistance you may provide in granting a heartfelt wish would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
John
hi john as far as a kit to buy i would suggest a traxxas slash 2 or 4 wheel drive these kits are ready to run and comes with everything he will need to play with his truck these kits are also very easy to work on and the upgrades are endless as far as a track just start off with a big oval with jumps in it and as he gets better start building the inside of the oval to add to the track or just bring him down to 808rc track and let him run with everyone i know first hand hell learn alot about rc at the track
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Aloha,

Mahalo,
John
Yes, bring him down to the track. Great bunch of bruddahs down there that will help out with any questions or ideas for your track layout. Traxxas 2wd slash great choice.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Aloha,

Mahalo,
John
It depends on a couple of things:
1. The size available for the track
2. The type of surface (on-road or off-road)

The vehicle should probably be electric as to minimize noise levels in the residential area
For off-road, a short course truck would be ideal, although a 2 wheel drive 1/10th scale stadium truck would also be a good choice. Either will have great durability and low maintenance. I do suggest sticking to a better brand for parts availability just in case something breaks.

For on-road, a 1/10th scale touring car would work as they are easier to drive then a pan car.

For either i do suggest a ready-to-run (rtr) that comes equipped with a brushless system.
I do also suggest multiple batteries so the child can have extended track time.

A couple of tips for an off-road track. To reduce dust i suggest a carpet surface. Berber or artificial turf works great. The jumps can be constructed out of some plywood, possibly 3/8" as it is easier to flex into shape yet strong enough so it wont crack. As for the track borders, you can use corex pipe that's commonly used for irrigation. Its available at most hardware or home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware etc.)

For on-road, I do suggest a carpet surface (berber) so that traction will not be a problem and the car will be easier to drive. If it will be a concrete surface, you can add traction by mixing sugar and water and spray down the track.

If space is critically limited, an option might be a mini or micro scaled car. They are available from several different companies like Traxxas (they have the Teton which is pretty new), Team Associated has several (rc18t rc18 rc18r etc.), just to name a few.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.