Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking lot Mini's (& maybe TC)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

We are running tomorrow (Saturday) instead of Sunday this week due to weather.

10am @ Roswell High stadium parking lot.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Had a great group today and every had a good time! Josh claims we were "screaming like little girls" at one point....

We had a Brads Final, before Brad left and then our typical "All the Marbles" race. Skip has procured some marbles to document the wins.

Robert Flores took All the Marbles (by HALF A SECOND) for Mini's today, and I got to hold the Drag Race marbles!

Old 01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

For those TC guys.

More transponders are on the way (first batch of 8 are all gone tom Mini's already), as well as enough bridge sensors for a 10' bridge.

When would the y'all like to start planning to get together?
Old 01-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Had 7 out last weekend, our biggest crowd yet!

This weekend we ran the same layout as last. We will be running the same layout for 6-8 weeks so people can get an idea on how they are improving.

We had 4 today and 1 was new so the group is still growing. Some great side by side racing, and Kevin did awesome for his first time out.

1.11.15:

1.18.15:

Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

We had some tight racing last Sunday! Unfortunately one of our racers had to drop out before the main due to breakage, but we still had a good pack.

Always looking for more racers, come out and run with us!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Weather permitting, we will be trying out the timing system @ Sugar Bowl this Sunday (2.1.15).

Everyone is welcome. Ideally we would eventually end up with enough people for a few different classes so we can run a standard "schedule" and have proper corner marshals and such (alternating classes).

I have enough bridge sensors for a 10' lane, and enough transponders for some TC's to come out and start the group up!
Old 02-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

We had awesome weather today and had a good group (6-7 racers at times). Still looking forward to the TC guys joining us at some point!

We were @ Sugar Bowl and the group is starting to get used to the track. Skip was on all day (we ran ~6 heats before our "qual" & "main"), but had some technical difficulties along with Robert E. in the "All the Marbles" race.

After the main a few of us hung around for more and I was finally able to break into the 20s! Most of us are running 15t sealed can (HPI Firebolt) motors and these Minis MOVE!

Old 02-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

So where is the Sugar Bowl?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by treys1
We had awesome weather today and had a good group (6-7 racers at times). Still looking forward to the TC guys joining us at some point!
Will be there soon, dealing with some family issues down in FL.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Caleb_Bush
So where is the Sugar Bowl?
Up in Sugar Hill off GA 20
Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
Will be there soon, dealing with some family issues down in FL.
Awesome. can't wait! Hope all is well with your fam.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mini event at RCPlayground?

Hi Trey (and everyone else), Jimmy from RCP (we "met" over on the R/C Enthusiasts page on FB).

I love the looks of the mini races you've been putting on! We'd love to support what you guys do by sponsoring a mini "event" (i.e., reserve some time just for you guys to run) at the upcoming RCPlayground opening event in March. You (and your crew) would be able to set up the indoor space (70'x30' and 30'x30' spaces available) however you like, carpet or polished concrete -- you all can design the track! Up to you if you want to set up timing, etc. It'd be a great way to show folks what you guys do!

Let me know if you're interested -- we'll work something out!

Thanks,

Jimmy
Old 02-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCPlayground
Hi Trey (and everyone else), Jimmy from RCP (we "met" over on the R/C Enthusiasts page on FB).

I love the looks of the mini races you've been putting on! We'd love to support what you guys do by sponsoring a mini "event" (i.e., reserve some time just for you guys to run) at the upcoming RCPlayground opening event in March. You (and your crew) would be able to set up the indoor space (70'x30' and 30'x30' spaces available) however you like, carpet or polished concrete -- you all can design the track! Up to you if you want to set up timing, etc. It'd be a great way to show folks what you guys do!

Let me know if you're interested -- we'll work something out!

Thanks,

Jimmy
We can certainly arrange something. What dates are you looking to do the event?

Out of curiosity, are you looking into actual racing carpet (CRC)?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by treys1
We can certainly arrange something. What dates are you looking to do the event?

Out of curiosity, are you looking into actual racing carpet (CRC)?
As of now, we are shooting for either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in March (3/13-3/15, or 3/20-3/22) -- waiting to hear back from a few key partners to make a final decision. We can get you access to the space any time before then to play around and plan the track -- you can even set up your next mini race here as a dry run...we'll work it out!

No fancy CRC or similar for the first event, although we may be able to find something suitable at the local carpet place (who has generously given us access to their remnants storage). BUT, long term (when we open full-time), we'll be able to trick it out with the best we can afford -- that goes for everything! But for the first event especially, we're cobbling it together using as much community support as possible to gauge interest and refine the operation, etc. Like I told the group I met yesterday at the venue -- consider it pot luck until we figure out what everyone likes, then we'll open the restaurant with the menu that best meets those preferences
Old 02-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

The weekend of 21st does not work for me, but I can leave someone from the group in charge of the gear if they are OK with it, should it fall on those dates.

I understand about the carpet, its not cheap. I wonder if HotShots still has theirs stored somewhere....

I honestly think the polished concrete would be better for the on road cars than cheap carpet, but that is just my opinion and maybe someone else could chime in.

Been slammed at work this week and leaving late, but maybe I'll try and pack my M05 next week, stop by after work and see if I can get some grip on it out of any of the tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.