Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to RC

acquired some RC equipment through a trade recently and dont know anything about the hobby. I was wondering if you guys could offer some feedback on this stuff. Is this type car still raced? How can I find more information on it? What is it worth? ect.. Pics below
New to RC-img_1859.jpg

New to RC-img_1858.jpg
Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hello, I'm surprised some of the electric on-road guys haven't jumped in here to help you out.

I can't tell you the model car you have there, but it appears to be a pretty decent 4wd touring car. The ESC / motor combo are good sensored brushless units, albeit not the most current, that if operable should make that car run quite well.

The chassis plate seems fairly robust and the chassis components also seem to be pretty nice with an overall appearance of being well maintained.

Are there any maker marks on the chassis or components? HPI, Tamiya, Associated, ECX?

I would post specifically in the On Road forum and see what pops up.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I looks like an old Xray foam touring car from the early 2000's. A very high end brand.
www.teamxray.com is their website where you can look up on it. Foam TC died out a few years ago but you should be able to fit some rubber tires on it and run it fine anyway.

I hope that helps a little.

-Jeremy
Old 04-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm almost 100% positive it's a Xray 009 t2 US edition. The electronics are good quality stuff so you have a pretty good onroad car. With electronics and the car (no spare parts) your looking around $200 assuming the bottom of the chassis is scratched. (edit I intended to say not scratched)

Last edited by rcgerber; 04-14-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Agreed looks like a T2 and the first of the orange anodizing. Xray builds very high quality cars, and that TC is still competitive at the club and regional level. In the right hands, it could also win at the biggest events.

The Tekin RS is a good ESC and very popular. The servo is a nice JR, and the motor is nothing to sneeze at. If it is a 17.5, all you need ot to bolt on some rubber tires and you are set to go racing.

April 27th is a fun onroad race up in Nashville that a bunch of GA folks are heading up to.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

You have an Xray T2 009 (Year: 2009). Im not sure if it is US foam spec or EU rubber edition without seeing the bottom of the chassis.

If everything works $100-$125 for Xray roller with no electronics, $30-40 for steering servo, $60 for Tekin RS ESC, $40 for motor.

Do you have the Spektrum remote? spare parts? Its a great car and you could run it anywhere in VTA, Touring Car or USGT. Difference within those racing classes are body style, motor, battery, speed control, and tires.

Bush river RC in the carolinas race on-road, so does Thunder Raceway in Nashville TN and OneLug in Alabama. Not much on-road racing going on in Georgia right now. All you would need to race at these places is rubber touring car tires like Sweep 32's, a touring car body, and some set up advice since it is probably set up for racing foams which are the "tires" it currently has on it.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the feedback. It came with a lot of stuff Spectrum remote, extra parts, body, tools, dc to ac converter, too much to list really. I only posted pics of the car. I'm prob just going to try selling it as I don't have much time for hobbies.

It also came with a battery charger which apparently will charge a variety of types of batteries and sizes, and new HUBBY all in one setup solution kit. Do these come separate from the cars or should I try selling it all together?

Thanks again guys,
Old 04-14-2014, 12:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by meadowsftw
Thanks for the feedback. It came with a lot of stuff Spectrum remote, extra parts, body, tools, dc to ac converter, too much to list really. I only posted pics of the car. I'm prob just going to try selling it as I don't have much time for hobbies.

It also came with a battery charger which apparently will charge a variety of types of batteries and sizes, and new HUBBY all in one setup solution kit. Do these come separate from the cars or should I try selling it all together?

Thanks again guys,
sell the car as a ready to run with spares and include the charger and remote if you want to sell it quickly. Sell the Hudy setup station separate. It can be worth between $100 and $250 depending on which version.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ATLiens
sell the car as a ready to run with spares and include the charger and remote if you want to sell it quickly. Sell the Hudy setup station separate. It can be worth between $100 and $250 depending on which version.
I dont think the previous owner even raced it. All the stuff is in the original packaging. Any advice on what I should sell the ready to run part stuff you mentioned for?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by meadowsftw
I dont think the previous owner even raced it. All the stuff is in the original packaging. Any advice on what I should sell the ready to run part stuff you mentioned for?
Id need to see a picture of the lot of everything and what type of spektrum remote before I could say an everything price.