Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Georgia Parking Lot Racing >

Georgia Parking Lot Racing

Georgia Parking Lot Racing

Old 06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Georgia Parking Lot Racing

Alright, a friend and I have been formulating ideas about trying to get some racing going, as there isnt very many places to race here in GA. We came up with this idea. Since there is a new hobby town USA in the Newnan area, we are thinking of approaching them and asking if we can hold either a race or a demo in their parking lot. How many people would be willing to come down and help support us, and maybe help put on a show to get more people into rc? We are not sure if there are different ordinances in place, so we are not sure if nitro would be allowed.

This is still in the stages of formulation and we aren't even sure if hobby town would support this, but if we can get a bunch of people to support us, it would just keep helping the cause.

For people wanting to know where this hobby town is located, it is at the intersection of bullsboro road and Millard Farmer Industrial Blvd. This is at newnan crossing, near HHgreg and BJ's warehouse.

For people interested in helping us, either email me at [email protected], or post in this thread.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Where abouts are you? A couple guys I know are putting a track together in the Valdosta area (planning stages) but already have PVC/Lap Counting Equip..(I guess we used to have a track b4 my time here)...scoping out good parking lots and talking to buisness owners etc.

Send directions or an online flier and Im sure you will get a turn out.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey is there any sedan racing gas or electric racing near the subase in King's bay area? I'm getting transferred there in January. Any help would be appreciated. Last time I was there the only thing I found was in FL. Thanks.

Donny
Old 07-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think Jacksonville is all you are gonna find close to that. Georgia is pretty weak...at least in the south 1/2 of it. Atlanta/Macon/Savannah seems better.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's where I wound up racing the last time I was there. Was just hoping there was something closer. Thanks for the reply.

Donny
Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Did you ever talk to the folks as Hobby Town about a parking lot track??? Looking for a place to race in Atlanta area
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

i havent been able to talk to them because after i posted this, my sister flew in for the week, and then right after she left, i flew down to florida, to spend a week with one of my friends, so unfortunately, we havent been able to get anywhere. Im trying to find the email for hobby town in general, but their site is really screwy on my computer, like it takes 20 minutes to load the intro page. Im glad there is interest tho in this, i just wish there was alot more interest like there is in florida.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree, I wish there was more of an interest. I just moved here from south Florida and had easily 4 tracks within 2 hours of driving (maybe 1 or 2 more). Here - 0. I am finally settled in and ready to start racing again, I just don't want to drive hours to do it.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

good idea i dont know any one who has a real rc around here in McDonough
Old 07-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

I live in the macon area and our problem is too many people think they should win a race because they showed up. There have been many attempts at off-road and parking lot racing, but after a couple of weeks nobody shows up. It seems that some people put a lot of money into this hobby and expect to win right now without practisingand get schooled by a 15yr old who spends every waking moment running his cars. at this point the only racing going on now is a concrete oval a firend of mine has in his backyard. I don't race there because i don't need a race-only car and you can't bash a oval only car
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Regional Moderator

I am up for getting a track going in newnan. check your pm's. I am dying to race but refuse to make the 100+ mile drive to kennesaw or sugarbowl at todays gas prices.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

There is also a track in Ft. Ogelthorpe. I went there last week and had a great time. You should check it out. They have a forum at nashrcracer dot com.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Regional Moderator

I talked to Frank, the owner of the Hobbytown store. He seems interested in setting up parking lot races. The area that will most likely be able to be used is approximately 40x110 feet. I don't know the exact dimensions as this was determined by stepping it off. Power for equipment will most likely need to come from generator. The asphalt is in new condition. There are a few dips but they could be easily avoided with creative track placement.

Lets get a list of those that would be interested. the most likely day of the week for racing would be sunday as it is the slowest days for other businesses around the shop.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Rookie

I too have also spoken with them. I think there are still some problems associated with starting a race program at the shop. It is very late in the season and they do not have any way to score the cars.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome, as of late, I myself havent been able to do a darned thing, cause school is kicking my butt. BTW: im in for the racing at the shop. I remember someone telling me that the shop actually had a list to sign if you are interested. I just hope, if they do start racing, they will have some other racing cars like the pro 4 or the corally rdx.

IM almost tempted to go offroad now tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.