Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cooper Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just wanted to give a quick update on what’s going on. Got out of the hospital last Friday the 29th. Been home doing some recovering. I’ve got most of the soreness out, but seem to have become lazy. LOL I want to give thanks to the Lord for all that He has done for me and my family. This is just as hard on my family and friends as it is on me. That’s why I know that I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for. I would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support during all of this. You really don’t realize how many loving people you have in your life until you get sick. A very special thanks to my wife and kids for taking such good care of me; Todd Smith for letting me call and bug him at all hours of the night with questions; Barry Hill, Brett McGee and everyone for always calling to check up on me and giving me words of encouragement; and to all the nurses at Centennial Medical Center. Even though I was glad to get out of the hospital, it was hard to leave the ones that had given such great care to me. You know you are in caring hands when the nurses cry because you are getting to go home. I have my first visit with the radiation doctor tomorrow; port will be put in on Friday, and radiation/chemo treatments will start on the 23rd. Right now my plans are to attend and race at the US VTA Southern Nationals at Thunder RC in Nashville Sept 20-22nd. A big thanks to Robert and Myron for understanding the situation and letting me be a late entry. Again, it’s times like this that brings out the best in people. I plan to continue attending some races off and on as long as I do well with the chemo. Most importantly, please keep my family and me in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Glad you are on the mend! Thank goodness the man upstairs takes good care of us all! God Bless