Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the good ole days??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up What happened to the good ole days??

Heres the thing. I got like 5 guys that wanna get in r/c but sadly we no longer have a cheap class !! And thats a mistake on our part. The rtr slash class got me in. It was a blast for 200 bucks you could win with good driving and play with it in your yard and just have fun racing. Im not saying it needs to be a newbie class only pros could run too just have to comply with the rules. And it doesnt matter what car it is but we gotta have a cheap class!!! I would of added probley 10 guys to our racing if they could get in without dropping a butt load of money. and with the country/economy like it is and with our silly president it will prob get alittle worse we need a way to race for cheap. Ive been in for a few years and i enjoy the classes we have i love ebuggy and many other classes so i see it from both sides BUT we gotta keep new ppl coming so our hobby can grow and it makes it more fun for everyone so i think we gotta do somthin. And i know brushed motars you have to change every so oftin but thats no big $ . A friend of mine got in when we had this class he went down to pep boys bought one pulled it out of the box and raced !!!! THATS AWESOME!! If it wasint for that my family wouldnt be racing today! And if they make a class like this again my family (witch is 3 racers ) and i know about 5 others that wanna get in we would all be in for it !! I dont wanna kick an old horse but this should be a concern. lets get new racers in all the time!!!! And have a fun class that we could race in addition to our normal class cause its so cheap 2wd sct hasint had much showing so maybe we could use this in its place ? I have friends waiting!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What side of town are you on?

In Dalton we have a good number of 2wd SCT's and a good number of us that race them to fill a class. I know when I race 2wd it's not about winning .. its more about staying on the track and or who's bumping who .. sometimes I think I'm going to fall off the drivers stand laughing so much .. but its good friendly fun.. and a bit of racing.

2wd is still a lower cost and friendly class!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

You can still race a box stock 2wd slash...
Old 03-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

You have 3 in your family and 5 other people that's like 9 people.
If Yall show up then you will have it back.If more people want to run they can join Yall.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Both you guys are right and im not sayin to hate on anyone but i do think there should be a class cause theres no chance with a rtr right now cause others just blow by lol and i race at loganville /henry county thanks for yalls thoughts!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcbo
If Yall show up then you will have it back.If more people want to run they can join Yall.
You are right! Doesnt 5 make a class?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

But im not sayin this just for ppl i know i talked to a random guy at loganville sat with same replys as other folks i know so we just gonna let those ppl fall thru the cracks?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mowingrass
You are right! Doesnt 5 make a class?
I think loganville said 6.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Slash was never a $200 class. not when the better guys started driving it that knew how to get the most out of stuff. You had to have a new motor for every race to be competitive, some guys would change them every other qualifier, you had to have a good lipo, decent charger to make sure you were charged in time for the next race, there is another couple hundred. IMHO the sct class got cheaper when it went to a more open class and more fun. Tires that would actually grip and not just spin, no $25-$50 worth of motors every race to be competitive. having a stock class just means you need to know how to twist the rules and things get expensive. Now with the SCT class being open you can buy a cheap $100 motor and speed controller combo, cheap $40 lipo, Decent Servo's go for $50, you can get an SC10 factory kit for about $250 (I think there are cheaper chassis out there this is just what I know of off hand) and an Onyx charger for about $80 or $90 I think (prices are just guestimates from what I remember) Futaba has a cheap radio for $70 I think

$600 and never spend another dollar except for consumables (tires, race fees, broken parts)

Or you can get an RTR slash @~$220 Spend money on a good battery $80-$100 to get all the power out of the crap motor as possible and the same cheap charger and your @

$390 for a truck that handles like a turd and to me, isn't any fun to drive and everytime you go to the track you have to add those brushed motors to the consumables list making it more expensive for a year of racing even though the money is more spread out

With the current rules you can get a racers edge truck that sells for about $190 and is already brushless, get one of the higher power motors for it @~60 or 70 I think, your battery and charger, and again your consumables and still be competitive with the sc10's and whatnot. Gene ran a box stock Racers edge truck at our track one day agenst the high dollar stock sc10's with tekins and whatnot in them and still tq'd the race. Its as much about driver as it is the equipment. If you're smart about it the open sct class can be just as cheap as the old slash class (if not cheaper in ways) and its a lot more fun, more power, better handling, you're not fighting the car as much.

Don't get caught up in the hype and spend a ton of money starting off like most people do, its not going to make you faster than starting slow and learning to drive will before you throw money at all the trick parts, you just drive into the wall faster and break more stuff

Of course as Dennis Miller would say, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"

Edit: I agree there should be a less intimidating electric class that is restricted to newer drivers with inconsistent lap times, I just don't think stock slash is it. I got out of slash because of how expensive the stock slash was to race competitively.. There are times I think running my mugen is cheaper But like what was said, get 7 (loganville requires 7 I believe) people together that want to do it and can consistently show up to run the class and you will make it a class again. It disapeared because nobody wanted to run it anymore

Edit2: and also you have to remember how many people the stock slash class drove off because they couldn't compete with the better guys running the class and accused everyone of cheating and how expensive it got quickly
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Rc racing isnt for everyones budget. Theres not much that can be done about that if they dont want to just run some RTR's out there and have fun with them.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Lmracing the racers edge pretty good?? maybe these few guys i know could grab a couple of those and race who knows i mite get one!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

it's the Team C truck with the Racers Edge name on it. Comes with a ball diff, good turnbuckles, the servo and the shocks are a little weak, but as are all RTR trucks IMO. Of the RTR trucks especially for the price its my favorite, only problem is that nobody in the area really stocks parts for them because they aren't as popular, but the parts are cheap as well if you just want to keep some a-arms and c-hubs on hand
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

You a genius man, now I need help with my problems. Carl Knight
Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

By my count its 8 not 9. Lol
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LMRacing
it's the Team C truck with the Racers Edge name on it. Comes with a ball diff, good turnbuckles, the servo and the shocks are a little weak, but as are all RTR trucks IMO. Of the RTR trucks especially for the price its my favorite, only problem is that nobody in the area really stocks parts for them because they aren't as popular, but the parts are cheap as well if you just want to keep some a-arms and c-hubs on hand
HotShots carries parts for the Racers Edge trucks just as a side note. Saw a few of them running Friday night and they looked much better then I expected.

Originally Posted by xrayvision
By my count its 8 not 9. Lol
Bo said "like" 9. 8 is "like" 9, it's just lower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.