Wiki Posts
Search

GOOD LUCK AT THUNDER JAM

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholas cline
Thanks Will! Cliff managed to pull out a third place in the VTA B main after running second for a good while and breaking an arm on the last lap. Cody, Melvin, and I were fighting traction roll the entire two days and I didnt have anti-roll bars stiff enough to fight it off. No matter how stiff I made the car tractions rolling was still an issue. Melvin didnt stay around for Sunday's LCQ or Mains but managed to qualify in the A. Cody and I qualified 4th and 6th for the TC B main. The guy in front of me brake checked off the start and caused a pile up starring yours truly. I think I clawed my way back to 6th and Cody finished 7th. Overall not too bad for not making Friday practice (we had a little over an hour of practice before quals started), and we learned to come more prepared next time for a high traction track. Again, thanks for the support!
LOL I experienced that at ThunderJam last year. Nothing like some sticky carpet

Looks like everyone had a great time, hope to make it up there next year before the birds.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholas cline
Thanks Will! Cliff managed to pull out a third place in the VTA B main after running second for a good while and breaking an arm on the last lap. Cody, Melvin, and I were fighting traction roll the entire two days and I didnt have anti-roll bars stiff enough to fight it off. No matter how stiff I made the car tractions rolling was still an issue. Melvin didnt stay around for Sunday's LCQ or Mains but managed to qualify in the A. Cody and I qualified 4th and 6th for the TC B main. The guy in front of me brake checked off the start and caused a pile up starring yours truly. I think I clawed my way back to 6th and Cody finished 7th. Overall not too bad for not making Friday practice (we had a little over an hour of practice before quals started), and we learned to come more prepared next time for a high traction track. Again, thanks for the support!
thanks for coming and supporting the event...and yes the traction got sick as the day went on...

I think it was HIGH bite at this time...