Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Georgia Racing Scene for a new transplant.. >

Georgia Racing Scene for a new transplant..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Georgia Racing Scene for a new transplant..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Georgia Racing Scene for a new transplant..

Hello guys and gals. I have a job offer that I am considering taking and was wondering how is the Nitro scene down there? Also, which electric class is big down there in the 8th scales.

I race both Nitro Truggy and Buggy and my son wants to go electric this next season. Deciding on either a Electric Truggy or Buggy depending on class turnout for my son.

Also, not sure where I would be living but most likely either Peachtree City or Newnan. What is the closest track to those areas? HCRCR?

Thanks for any help you can give me. Looking forward to racing with you all soon.

Len
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey91473
Hello guys and gals. I have a job offer that I am considering taking and was wondering how is the Nitro scene down there? Also, which electric class is big down there in the 8th scales.

I race both Nitro Truggy and Buggy and my son wants to go electric this next season. Deciding on either a Electric Truggy or Buggy depending on class turnout for my son.

Also, not sure where I would be living but most likely either Peachtree City or Newnan. What is the closest track to those areas? HCRCR?

Thanks for any help you can give me. Looking forward to racing with you all soon.

Len
HCRCR and Loganville will be closest to you. Ebuggy is growing leaps and bounds lately. We just raced Saturday at HCRCR for the finals of the Reds Trifecta series and I think there was around 120 entries. Truggy is sometimes hit or miss but there is always plenty of sportsman and pro buggies.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Len

+1 to what Gene said.

Etruggy has not made it as a class yet. There were 2 or 3 when they first came out, but I have heard anything about them recently. EBuggy is strong and still growing fast.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Len
I also enjoy racing at Unit Raceway in Winder, Ga. It is a little further away but worth checking out.

Lee
Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

As Gene said, Nitro Buggy is a strong class, Loganville always has a couple heats of sportsman and two medium sized qualifiers and a strong main of pro's and there is always at least a full main of e-buggy at Loganville, the last club race I went to there I think there were more E-buggys than pro's actually..

I cant speak for normal club race turnout at HCRCR because I've only been to their larger races. Oh and for the record I transplanted down here from Sidney NY back in 06 when the sewersquahana flooded and I lost my house.. Bring some grandma browns with you if you like real baked beans, they are impossible to find down here
Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You will find the folks in that area very friendly and willing to help. You should find the racing to be very competitive but fun at the same time. We also have large events in North GA(Dalton and Battlefield) which is only about 2 hrs north of ATL area. We all try to support our local track and for "big" races we have quit the crowds. The ebuggy class right now is the fastest growing for sure.

Brian
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are correct with HCRCR and loganville being the closest nitro tracks to you, but the actual closest track is an indoor electric only track called Taps in haralson. It's roughly 15-30 minutes from either one of the two places mentioned depending on location in the city.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LMRacing
As Gene said, Nitro Buggy is a strong class, Loganville always has a couple heats of sportsman and two medium sized qualifiers and a strong main of pro's and there is always at least a full main of e-buggy at Loganville, the last club race I went to there I think there were more E-buggys than pro's actually..

I cant speak for normal club race turnout at HCRCR because I've only been to their larger races. Oh and for the record I transplanted down here from Sidney NY back in 06 when the sewersquahana flooded and I lost my house.. Bring some grandma browns with you if you like real baked beans, they are impossible to find down here
haha, thats too funny. Not about the flood but the baked beans. I will have the wife pick some up before we leave
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for all the comments. As long as I can run at least one nitro class I am happy. I was hoping for electric truggy for my son but E-Buggy it is.

I wont be in Georgia until the first of the year. I just signed up for the open class for the PNB. Always wanted to do this. That will be my first race down there i think.

Look forward to racing with all you throughout the area.

Thanks!

Len
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I have been down here Househunting for my upcoming move. I like the area. Can't wait to start racing down here.

During one of my house hunting trips I did manage to make the trip to HCRCR, sweet track. Nice facility.

Can't wait to check them all out.

What month does the outdoor season start?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well I have been down here Househunting for my upcoming move. I like the area. Can't wait to start racing down here.

During one of my house hunting trips I did manage to make the trip to HCRCR, sweet track. Nice facility.

Can't wait to check them all out.

What month does the outdoor season start?

Thanks.
down here, we race year around. right now i think all tracks next race will be the first weekend or two in january.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
They are correct with HCRCR and loganville being the closest nitro tracks to you, but the actual closest track is an indoor electric only track called Taps in haralson. It's roughly 15-30 minutes from either one of the two places mentioned depending on location in the city.
If your son races electric we race here every 2nd and 4th Saturday at TAPs after the new year. it would be good to have more people come out and race there. the track is great!