Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Snowbirds is not offering 21.5 TC >

Snowbirds is not offering 21.5 TC

Snowbirds is not offering 21.5 TC

Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Snowbirds is not offering 21.5 TC

Joe was kicking around the idea of offering 21.5 TC class at Hot Shot. My opinion was to hold off a bit and lets see if Snowbirds offers the class and see if it becomes a "recognized" class. Also as seen at the GORC the largest classes were VTA, 12th 13.5 and TC 17.5. Lets discuss
Old 11-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think 21.5 would be a good class just because it helps keep newer drivers at a speed they can handle and not be bumping into everything on the track, but its been a while since I've run a TC so my vote really doesn't matter anyway
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Buy a mini. There were 3 on track last night.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im working on revise for the USGT rules to make them more simple with some structure...I dont think a 21.5 TC class will work cause its to close to 17.5..

we are looking to limit bodies and a spec tire for the USGT class and see if that levels the playing field...or maybe like Vegas did
Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We all started 17.5 spec so I would stick with it and worry about growing the class.lat thing you wanna do is have people thinking about buying another motor.

If you going to Snowbirds you wanna run 17.5 not 21.5 the track is huge and super boring for 21.5 TC.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FERNANDO.G View Post
We all started 17.5 spec so I would stick with it and worry about growing the class.lat thing you wanna do is have people thinking about buying another motor.

If you going to Snowbirds you wanna run 17.5 not 21.5 the track is huge and super boring for 21.5 TC.
Fernando we are discussing this from another side. We have racers that feel 17.5 blinky is to fast for them, they feel like they would be in the way and other reasons I am drawing a blank on right now.

I really don't want to dilute the racers we have at all. IMO 12th, VTA and 17.5 TC is plenty of verity and would be good to have more than 3 racers in each class.

I have also heard rumor that HS will be moving from USVTA rules to ROAR VTA rules and may move some of the previous USGT racers back to VTA instead of TC.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default tc 21.5 :(

Originally Posted by MCSEDanny View Post
Fernando we are discussing this from another side. We have racers that feel 17.5 blinky is to fast for them, they feel like they would be in the way and other reasons I am drawing a blank on right now.

I really don't want to dilute the racers we have at all. IMO 12th, VTA and 17.5 TC is plenty of verity and would be good to have more than 3 racers in each class.

I have also heard rumor that HS will be moving from USVTA rules to ROAR VTA rules and may move some of the previous USGT racers back to VTA instead of TC.
The issue with multiple tc classes is the diluting factor. I think we should have one TC class one VTA class and one 1/12 scale class. If people show up to race usgt, f1, and mini then 3 or more make a class. I was new to RC in July 2011 and I know exactly why VTA is called a feeder class. I started in VTA and put in the time to figure everything out and learn the car and adjustments while still using a 25.5 motor. Once I mastered the VTA car tc and 1/12 came naturally even though it is such a faster class.

The USVTA vs ROAR thing... I'll let some other chime in on
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

With Snowbirds not offering a 21.5 class, I would hesitate to even consider trying ton start it. Also, Myron's USGT was faster then a large chunk of the 17.5 TC cars (mine included).

I personally think that more then 2 or 3 main classes will dilute the driver base too much, and many of us won't run more then one class in a club race. With what we have today, I would suggest VTA, TC 17.5, and 12th scale. That gives us a class for those that are not comfortable with speed, a faster one for those that are, and 12th scale for those who like tire pain.

TC is the class I am enjoying the most right now honestly, and that is what I personally will be working on. If you offer those 3 classes in a night, I will probably just run TC.

I know there is also talk about friday night Mini's and the new prototype class and some whispers of WGT. I would recommend if we head down any of those routes, that they are on different nights, knowing what we know now. 3 people in a class is frankly not fun...to drive or marshall. Not to pick on anyone, but I remember for the GORC, there was talk about mod 12th scale. When it came down to it, it was 13.5 or nothing, and everyone went to 13.5, and my impression was that everyone enjoyed it. Even with my wonky ESC issues I had a great time.

It's up to smarter folks then me in the end. I will be preparing 12th scale (probably 17.5), WGT, TC, and VTA and planning on running 2 or 3 of those at the Snowbirds. I wouldn't mind a mini for offnight goofing off either, but that would be a side thing.

For VTA, I am not sure about then end plans of the program. If USVTA spec is supposed to remain as the primary rule set, I would personally want to keep it that way. Unlike Daniel, I have not come anywhere near mastering it, but I have no wish to pick up a new ESC or anything crazy either. I know a lot of people are planning on moving out of VTA now (Alex, Daniel, Will) and it sounds like USGT might be put on the back burner (need a new home for those drivers) and just not sure where everything will fall.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Why try to run another new class no-one else is running?

Last edited by kikcaffine; 11-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

I was at HS today for lunch and was discuss a pretty new program for the guys wanting to give TC a try but worried about the faster pace than VTA. Be on the lookout for a post from Brad.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I was at HS today for lunch and was discuss a pretty new program for the guys wanting to give TC a try but worried about the faster pace than VTA. Be on the lookout for a post from Brad.
Mini Mania...?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Mini Mania...?
Best class ever
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This may or may not make sense, but I really don't think you're going to see a difference between 17.5 and 21.5 in lap times. Running 17.5 and slower motors pretty much turns TC into momentum racing and on a layout such as this past weekend at HS at no point did I top out my 17.5 and would have gone just as fast with a 21.5. I'm not sure this is a practical idea but maybe it would be better to limit the cars per heat to 5? It's not like there isn't room to tighten up the schedule and still get out at the same time.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok ... I know that i'm going to hear this " its a class B.S" but a slower class, that's what VTA was If you can drive, leave that class for the people getting into the hobby. stop looking for a easy win ! move up. Mod is open.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
I know a lot of people are planning on moving out of VTA now (Alex, Daniel, Will) and it sounds like USGT might be put on the back burner (need a new home for those drivers) and just not sure where everything will fall.
I think VTA is in my roots and now that we are going to have a three state race Im going to leave the T3 put together for VTA Carnage. I had a blast at NATS and GORC and Im going to keep the VTA car together... at least until I dethrone Myron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.