Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 PSYCHO NITRO BLAST VI March 21st - 24th Unadilla, GA

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems their own website and here would be the obvious place to post them, maybe we have exceeded bandwidth with scary faces
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The info normally gets spread by the racers as it did here and they are already prepping and getting the track ready (building the wood bases for jumps/pit lane/drivers stand ect) so they are pretty busy and I know from experience that normally facebook is the easiest place to update
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Facebook is not allowed in my house.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Is it just me or does the breakout rule seem like it will create more sandbagging.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Austin's dad
Is it just me or does the breakout rule seem like it will create more sandbagging.
Should have been a surprise. Like haha your busted you damn sandbagger!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by matt_38
Should have been a surprise. Like haha your busted you damn sandbagger!
Should have been left the way it was. Instead of leveling the playing field this will only create more sandbagging.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Austin's dad
Should have been left the way it was. Instead of leveling the playing field this will only create more sandbagging.
AGREED.

I think it's ABSOLUTELY stupid to have first dropped the novice/open/pro class separations, but then to put an elaborate break-out rule in place....? Might as well have just LEFT the damn rules the way they were in the first place!!

I know of a lot of people that aren't going now, because of this. Kinda crappy, IMHO.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
AGREED.

I think it's ABSOLUTELY stupid to have first dropped the novice/open/pro class separations, but then to put an elaborate break-out rule in place....? Might as well have just LEFT the damn rules the way they were in the first place!!

I know of a lot of people that aren't going now, because of this. Kinda crappy, IMHO.
Really? it would make me more likely to go. I know that I won't have to be running with guys in open that should have been in pro. I say no bump ups from lower mains as well and it will force everyone to run their best. I'm not trying to run this year because I cant afford a new engine right now and I've already got a season and a half on mine and I don't want to kill it pushing it too hard. I'm going to help with sales and take some pictures this year but I hope to run it next year. I think I will be running Wicked though
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LMRacing
Really? it would make me more likely to go. I know that I won't have to be running with guys in open that should have been in pro. I say no bump ups from lower mains as well and it will force everyone to run their best. I'm not trying to run this year because I cant afford a new engine right now and I've already got a season and a half on mine and I don't want to kill it pushing it too hard. I'm going to help with sales and take some pictures this year but I hope to run it next year. I think I will be running Wicked though
That's true but if you go out and really lay down a good qualifier say in round 2 and the pros really suck in round 2 and you beat the time of number 30 in pro then you will be running pro... Does that sound fair?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Although I'm all for fair racing and ideally want to race with other racers my speed, I believe this rule is catering to a certain few. I also see extremely long days made longer and more confusing. My biggest issue is after arranging a traveling and racing partner/ pit guy for this huge and expensive event, we will now not know where we will be racing and could possibly end up in the same heats or mains and scrambling for pit guys. This and the $80 the building management charged us for running a pit light and receiver pack charger last year has got us thinking of backing out.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.psychonitroblast.com/info

Looks like I can be out of there Sunday morning as I intend to run only 10th scale.

If anyone running only 10th scale needs a roommate, drop me a PM. No roommate, no go to PNB for me.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 34Randy
Although I'm all for fair racing and ideally want to race with other racers my speed, I believe this rule is catering to a certain few. I also see extremely long days made longer and more confusing. My biggest issue is after arranging a traveling and racing partner/ pit guy for this huge and expensive event, we will now not know where we will be racing and could possibly end up in the same heats or mains and scrambling for pit guys. This and the $80 the building management charged us for running a pit light and receiver pack charger last year has got us thinking of backing out.
you got charged to use power in the arena?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
http://www.psychonitroblast.com/info

Looks like I can be out of there Sunday morning as I intend to run only 10th scale.

If anyone running only 10th scale needs a roommate, drop me a PM. No roommate, no go to PNB for me.
Man, too bad the SCT classes aren't on the Friday-Saturday schedule. I would take you up on that offer.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorge3-16
Man, too bad the SCT classes aren't on the Friday-Saturday schedule. I would take you up on that offer.
Yeah, my plan is to check out Sunday morning, hang at the track a bit watching nitro mains then head home.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I was charged 75 for the use of a horse stall and after i confronted Ollie he said he would talk to the management and I was refunded. But the person that charged me did say that he may try to charge racer the use of horse stalls. Idk if thats the use of the stall to store your gear or to utilize that space as your pit.
Im not gonna make it this time due to lack of funds in time for race. Maybe next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.