Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA >

Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA

Action Speedway - Dirt Oval - Rome, GA

Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK folks...the next Oval race is here at Action Speedway....get em prepped and lets break in this new track with a big bang !! JUNE 30th , late afternoonish...be there...be ready to race !!

Also worthy of mention...Action Speedway is the only candy coated track in the world. It is also prepped with kitten paws. Come race on the only kitten paw, candy coated track in the UNIVERSE !!

Last edited by Aardvark; 06-16-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
OK folks...the next Oval race is here at Action Speedway....get em prepped and lets break in this new track with a big bang !! JUNE 30th , late afternoonish...be there...be ready to race !!

Also worthy of mention...Action Speedway is the only candy coated track in the world. It is also prepped with kitten paws. Come race on the only kitten paw, candy coated track in the UNIVERSE !!
Whats a good tire for that type of track.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae-Dan View Post
Really, any tire will work. We like to soak ours in blueberry pancake syrup for additional traction. Plus, the kittens get snacky when packing.

J/K lol...

I noticed in your signature you have an SC10. Pack it up and bring it to Rome on June 30. We don't have any hand out transponders that I'm aware of but the system we're using uses a $40 transponder. You can get it through rclapcounter.com.

Honestly, I've been using Holeshots in testing at Action. I think Subcultures will work good too.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ae-Dan View Post
Tires that have been prepped with unicorn licks.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

will you stop that! You are having way too much fun with this.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I normally soak mine in beer. It confuses all the other drivers on the stand when I come by and gives me a competitive advantage when everyone gets thirsty
Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LMRacing View Post
I normally soak mine in beer. It confuses all the other drivers on the stand when I come by and gives me a competitive advantage when everyone gets thirsty
Unfortunately, the dominant racer doesn't drink and is not tempted or distracted by such diversions. I will find his weakness one day. Also, pm me the price for a tekin rs 10.5 system. I don't expect the mother price, but not the mother in-law price either. I ordered the Anza LCG chassis this morning. I'm putting together the dream machine. If I can't outdrive Scooter, then i'll at least outspend him.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Default Spectator/Sportsman Class

Ok... Let's try to pull this thing back on topic .

We are excited to offer a Spectator/Sportsman Race at Action Speedway.*

The SSR will be a 15 lap race for beginner or novice drivers with their own car to begin honing their driving skills for future competition. We also encourage veteran racers to bring a "loaner" car to loan out to a spectator who would like to try his or her hand at RC racing.*
The starting line up will be determined by a random number generator during sign up.*
There is, of course, no entry fee!

We Highly Encourage a 2wd short course based chassis for this class, but it is open to any make of 2wd offroad vehicle. We encourage the sc based chassis simply because that is what is used for our primary class, the SC Super Latemodels.*

No points or prizes are awarded to this class. *Once a certain lap time (time TBA) becomes consistent that driver will graduate from the sportsman class to the Super Latemodel class.*

This class may or may not run at each Action Speedway event. We will post what support class (if any) will run before each event.*

We are excited to offer this class. Hopefully it will help newcomers get involved in RC racing!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Well this is for me. New to racing I will be there on the 30th. When can we signup? I just got the body painted and ready to rock. Transponder has arrived

Ready to go.....

Originally Posted by Left Front Tire View Post
Ok... Let's try to pull this thing back on topic .

We are excited to offer a Spectator/Sportsman Race at Action Speedway.*

The SSR will be a 15 lap race for beginner or novice drivers with their own car to begin honing their driving skills for future competition. We also encourage veteran racers to bring a "loaner" car to loan out to a spectator who would like to try his or her hand at RC racing.*
The starting line up will be determined by a random number generator during sign up.*
There is, of course, no entry fee!

We Highly Encourage a 2wd short course based chassis for this class, but it is open to any make of 2wd offroad vehicle. We encourage the sc based chassis simply because that is what is used for our primary class, the SC Super Latemodels.*

No points or prizes are awarded to this class. *Once a certain lap time (time TBA) becomes consistent that driver will graduate from the sportsman class to the Super Latemodel class.*

This class may or may not run at each Action Speedway event. We will post what support class (if any) will run before each event.*

We are excited to offer this class. Hopefully it will help newcomers get involved in RC racing!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
This body seems cool/Nice. Can you get this one?
Will it fit my traxxas slash? Looks like it should.

http://rjspeed.com/images/images/Bodies/618-1015b.jpg
That's the body I and my kids use. (Well, my daughter destroyed hers this past weekend so I'm shopping around for an affordable replacement...)

Here are some videos of dirt oval action at Rash Raceway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efnNDD4g3rk&feature=plcp

(That's the final kids race that was this past Saturday, just look at my other videos for other heats and races.)
Old 06-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stanfsu View Post
Well this is for me. New to racing I will be there on the 30th. When can we signup? I just got the body painted and ready to rock. Transponder has arrived

Ready to go.....
Let's see a pic Stan!

Gates open at 3.

We'll start sign ups around 4, drivers meeting at 6, qualifying for SLM starts at 6:30.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yuckydog View Post
That's the body I and my kids use. (Well, my daughter destroyed hers this past weekend so I'm shopping around for an affordable replacement...)

Here are some videos of dirt oval action at Rash Raceway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efnNDD4g3rk&feature=plcp

(That's the final kids race that was this past Saturday, just look at my other videos for other heats and races.)
Yuckydog, did you get the other races as well?

I like the angle of the camera on these!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Short course dirt oval

All right u have my interest I have ordered a RJ speed body a transponder and a big new lipo batt. For my lcg slash today and I am looking forward to coming down and racing with you all and maybe go to rash also will someone please pm me with the directions I even made a small track in my back yard to get some practice in LOL!!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raggedwarrior View Post
All right u have my interest I have ordered a RJ speed body a transponder and a big new lipo batt. For my lcg slash today and I am looking forward to coming down and racing with you all and maybe go to rash also will someone please pm me with the directions I even made a small track in my back yard to get some practice in LOL!!
Fantastic!

Pm'd you the address to Action.

Also, we'll be posting info about the Nirth Georgia Dirt Oval Series that starts in July soon!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We should be able to make it on the 30th.

I do not have the address either.

One request, please run a tight schedule. I will have young-uns with me and they turn into little Mr. Hydes sometime after 9.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service