R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #46
Tech Apprentice

Default 400 a.m.

george what are you doing up at 4 a.m.snoopy that is not so bad part of town,will be a nice hobby shop,nice to here from you hairy call me some time.
racerno30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Hey All, Been keeping an eye on this thread and I've had my eyes on these karts for awhile. So now I want one to see if this is something for our club to offer. My problem....money. Any of you folks have a complete kart you might want to trade for a 10th scale chassis or something else I might have that's usable ?? If you might have an interest, please pm me and we can talk. Thanks !!

Personally Im up here in Nashville right now. My wife is in a fashion show up here. Pretty big deal it seems, tons of people around to! So, tell ya what, EVO, why don't you drop me an email and LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO for ya EVORACER. We've a couple rollers or nearly close to, "Like new" karts on hand. One is a Mcdonalds kart, the other is a Home Depot and also have a Ford sponsored kart as well. All the karts look great and have no scratches If I remember. They were either lightly raced or owners decided to go with different logos or paint rather than stripping the entire kart all back down again and starting from scratch. They decided to by a new one. So we worked out a deal with them since they have raced with us for years.... However, I'll work out something if money is an issue "with you Evo" if you'll come up and race with George and the guys. Send me an email from the form thats on our website and we'll go from there DEAL? Keep in mind, You will need an esc, radio gear and 1/12th tires which we also carry.

Robert
TERC
Team Edge RC
"where speed and skill meet"
"Where speed and skill meet"
* Team Edge RC * Reedy * BRP Kart Racing * TM Racing * RBP * Novak * Hobby Wing *
teamedgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only thing I saw him carry was a Cheezeburger. Just kidding, Robert will get you on track and have you up and running in no time. The karts are also great at chasing the cat through the house.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My cat would pick that sucker up by its bumper and haul it off, but then again he is a hoss.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #50
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
My cat would pick that sucker up by its bumper and haul it off, but then again he is a hoss.

He sounds likes a ole' meanie.

Definition: meanie [ˈmiːnɪ] N he's an old meanie cat → es un tío agarrado
meanie cat
n (esp Brit inf: = miserly cat) → Geizhals or -kragen m; (= nasty cat) → Miststück nt (inf)

Ceri
Old 09-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Robert and mxrich. Thanks for the help. Robert, you and I have talked via email before but i got busy with getting the club started again after we changed race locations to Andretti Thrill Park here in Melbourne, Florida. Last I knew, there weren't any rc kart racers here. Perfect place for it though...Andretti is the only commercial go-kart/theme park in the county. I've already spoken to the pr/marketing dept. head and she'd be thrilled if we offered rc karting.
Our VTA program is going well enough but this area has been hard hit with employment loss and hugely deflated home values. A lower cost /lower complexity program would help. M chassis cars are an option but I think the cool factor and simpleness of karting would be of interest.
I'll get in touch and Thanks again !
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #52
Tech Apprentice

My hubby's from Melbourne Florida Evoracer. He moved there from Clearwater Florida. Of course now he's here with me in Panama City Beach. Not sure what Robert said but I know many karters down in Dade, Orange, Land O lakes and more. What are you close to if some of us were to come down? Do you have a location your racing at now?

Ceri
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #53
Tech Elite

I run a club that uses a section of parking lot owned by Andretti Thrill Park here in Melbourne. Robert may know it. If not, it's right on the border of Melbourne and Palm Bay on Babcock St. adjacent to Palm Bay High School. I own the drivers stand, Road Rails track , pvc, I-Lap Timing system, etc. Our website is www.bear-rc.com. No good pics yet but their coming.
All you folks are welcomed here any time. Bring your karts and we'll make a day of it in between your trips to the beach.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerijonston View Post
He sounds likes a ole' meanie.

Ceri
Not to me, but he will defend himself.

When I go to PCB I want sand in my toes, but if there is a race to be had I would pack my gear for it.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Don't forget the air museum.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Robert, sent you an email. Thanks !!
Anybody have pics they'd like to post of a kart in "kit" form?? I have yet to see any detailed pics of one of these. Need advice also. I'm currently running 25.5 and 21.5 brushless motor touring cars. What "class" of kart should I consider ?? Is the chassis any different between them ?? Are there any real performance enhancements aside from motor or esc ?? On that note, what esc.motor combos are most often being used ?? Thanks All !!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #57
Tech Elite

The basic kit is put together you just drop in electrics and 1/12 wheels and tires. I think an rtr is available so check with robert about how fast you want to go.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
The basic kit is put together you just drop in electrics and 1/12 wheels and tires. I think an rtr is available so check with robert about how fast you want to go.
No need to do RTR up there unless its requested. Most have extras laying around it seems to complete a roller. All he'll need is tires and electrics (esc, rec and radio, motor). He may need to paint the kart if he desires a kart in primer as some like to paint their own. Pics? Alot have been posted in the forums here and also in the Battlefield RC forum as well. Give them a search and you'll find alot of info and pics. Also hit our site, tons of pictures there as well and even video and flash side shows.

Robert
"Where speed and skill meet"
* Team Edge RC * Reedy * BRP Kart Racing * TM Racing * RBP * Novak * Hobby Wing *
teamedgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Where's the primary thread for Battlefield ?? Looked in "Racing" section and in Georgia.Found lots of smaller threads but is there a central thread for them ?? Somebody throw me a link. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #60
Tech Champion

http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-...ad-course.html

Its been a while since there has been a post since we post new threads for each new race date.